rodney stuckey

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Aug 26, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Got any ideas that are workable as far as salary cap goes?

PISTONS CORNER: Rip thrives in mobile offense; Stuckey to meet doctors again, Dec. 7
    :hoops:
  2. buddahfan

My guess is that when Hot Rod is fit to play that either he or AA will go to Fort Wayne.

I don't believe that they can't send AJ because as I recall, and I may be incorrect on this, you can only send someone to the D league for two years.

My guess is that it will be Hot Rod and Hunter will be the backup point guard.

My sense of it is is that Flipper doesn't want to risk trying to get Hot Rod back up to game level conditioning with the Pistons 20 + games into the season. How long he will stay there will probably be determined by injuries or a trade, but most likely Hunter is back in for the rest of the year and Hot Rod out.

This move would sort of makes sense, given that:

1. Point Guard is the hardest position to learn in the NBA
    2. Hot Rod is not a true point guard which makes it even more difficult for him.
    3. Hunter and Murray have more experience than Hot Rod and like Hot Rod can play the point and #2.

I will not be too happy to see it happen, but the fact is that rookies can't afford to have injuries in pre-season or early on in the year and expect to get worked into the rotation, unless they are a top pick.

Hopefully, I am wrong on this and Hot Rod can push Hunter back to the bench when Hot Rod is ready to play, but if not, it won't surprise me.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Buddahfan, Stuckey is injured. Why are you jumping on Saunders because of what Stuckey's doctor said?
  4. buddahfan

I am just upset over the two injuries to Hot Rod and AJ that have basically blown out their year.

I don't see Hot Rod replacing Hunter when Hot Rod is ready to play. This is based upon what Flipper has said and the way he thinks.

See my prior post.

Personally I think the year is shot because I don't see any way we can win the East this year with the same guys but only a year older than last year. Hopefully I am wrong, but that is how I see it unfolding.

Hot Rod and AJ might have had a chance to play some serious minutes this year if they hadn't been injured early on. But Flipper is panicking over Boston having the home court advantage in the playoffs, as he should. If they have the home court advantage in the playoffs it seems to me that it will be a lot easier for Stern and his minions along with the media to make sure that the Celtics get in the Finals like they did the Heat and the Cavs the last two years.

1. Two years ago they wanted Wade and got Wade
    2. Last year they wanted Lebron and got Lebron
    3. This year they want the Celtics and it looks like they may get their wish.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Miami didn't have homecourt 2 years ago.
    Lebron didn't have homecourt 1 year ago.

The Pistons had homecourt both of those years. The 2 years they didn't have homecourt, they went to the Finals.

Getting the #1 seed is not that important, and I don't think Flip or the team cares, as long as they get to the playoffs.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Buddah you have a crazy way of looking at things. we're noit even 20 games into the season and you've already decided that AA,Stuck and amir are not goiong to play this year. Look at the Bulls last year, it took Tyruis T a while to get into the roatation. The big thing to look for is if Amir and Hot Rod can really get a clue by mid january. I like Amir, but I'm not jaded over his play. The kid can play, but it's obvious why he hasn't beat out Nazr for that spot yet.

Like the DMC debacle, I believe in guys winning spots in this league. Flip Jr and Nazr have played pretty decent this season and that is a good thing for Pistons fans. I'd rather the young'ns have to beatg out the vets for those spots than have them just get given to them.
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Naz and Amir play different positions.

Maybe they are a good combo together.

Amir can be a shot blocking threat and help protect the paint while Naz can box out and deliver hard fouls to superstars.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Totally agree, I didn't quote who I was replying to, was to somebody saying we should dumb nazi so amir could play. I was saying that we need both, and that amir is not ready to take on the centers of the league and unless we bring in another big man we need nazi.
  10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

And Tyrus was WAY behind schedule of what he could have been at the end of the year. He didn't have enough regular season experience to polish off the rough edges, and it showed in the playoffs. Granted, he was still a positive influence overall in the playoffs, but Flip is not willing to look over a rook making a couple mistakes to see the things they do well (though he doesn't seem to have a problem looking past faults in a vet)
    It's hard to win a spot when the Vets in front of you have the slots you're working for already engraved in stone. Afflalo plays the best game of his career against Philly, then gets 3 minutes in the next game followed by what would have been a DNP if not for some garbage time. How can they preach the "earn time" mantra, and not live up to it? Nazr or Flip play one or two good games, and it locks them into the rotation for a month regardless of how they play.

It just seems like Flip makes the road to success much more difficult for a young guy than it is for a vet on this team. Like they have to be twice as good as the vet in front of them just to get a 2nd thought. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^
    It's not just you
  12. buddahfan

Flipper is panicking that the Celtics will have the home court advantage throughout the playoffs.

We couldn't beat the Heat and Cavs with the home court advantage what are the chances of beating the Celtics without it, especially when Stern and his minions and media want Boston in the Finals.

Roller Derby, WWF, NBA, they are all the same.

"Show time" baby and big bucks. Got to feed America's sports fans what they want if you want to get their hard earned dollars into your pocket. If you can't feed them what they want then you have to convince them what they should want.

13. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

if Stern wants Celts in the finals then we can do nothing about it. We need to play our game. Remember that last year, we blew the playoffs not stern. We went out of lebron's way last seconds. Stern was not playing if i recall well. We need to have fresh legs comes playoff time. Something the celtics will not have. have you seen how they went ice cold in Q4 against Miami?

14. buddahfan

That is a valid perspective. I just have never agreed with it. I have and will always maintain that we were psychologically worn down by the media who wanted Lebron in the finals and did their best to make it happen. People will say that that should not impact the players play, but when a series runs for over a week and all the media keeps talking about King James in the Finals etc etc etc, it has to affect the players.

If you are going to get called for a foul every time you even get close enough to breath on a player who is going to want to play close tight defense.

Look at the national media reports of our game last week and all you read about was how the Cavs lost and James was hurt. It was like the Pistons didn't even exist.

I will never believe for a minute that that type of stuff doesn't impact players on both sides of the ball.

I know that I could be very well be entirely wrong, but that is how I see it. Sorry.

Remember we lost close games regardless of how many points James got and a few points going the other way and we would have been in the finals.

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^

Rasheed actually said as much. I don't remember the exact quote. But i agree. It completely affects how you play. I just remember the team being tough enough to overcome that, but i'm beginning to realize it probably had ALOT to do with Larry Brown.
  16. buddahfan

I agree with you on this. As much as I didn't care for Brown personally, but what the heh, he was a good coach and got the most out of his key players. If he liked you, you knew it, and you would definitely go through the wall for him.

He never let you forget who was in charge. Flipper has shown himself to not be as tough as Brown, but maybe as he gets more control of the team he will toughen up and players will follow. I don't think his improved relationship with Sheed this year can be ignored. Uncle Sheed is definitely the leader of this team and if Sheed is happy and healthy a lot of good things can happen when they need to. We shall see.

17. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

Looks like Flipper is beginning to be more assertive...
    MLive.com: Everything Michigan
  18. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I don't believe this stuff affected Bill Laimbeer when he played.
  19. buddahfan

Go check the NBA Finals tape archives and you will see a phantom foul called on Bad Boy Bill against the Cap in the 87-88 Finals that cost us the title that year.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

With Stuckey now playing lets get this thread moving again. I mean c'mon folks, here at the PistonsForum we MUST overANALyze every single thing that our young players do. So lets start with the @NJ game on 12/26/07:
    3-7 FG
    1-1 Ft
    7pts
    3 asts
    2 stls
    1 T/O
    In 10:55. Not bad. The drives to the hoop were awesome, took 1 bad jumper though. Had a sweet dime to Primo. BUT!!!!!!!!!!! How does dude get 7 shots off in less than a qtr. If Flip Murray did this we would be trying to burn him at the stake....:) Gotta play fair folks, gotta play fair.