rodney stuckey

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Aug 26, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

You would not have a lot of nickels

:hoops:

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Someone needs to start a Rodney White Tracker thread. He is clearly the MJ of the Chinese league.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:p_welldone::pound::pound::pound::pound:

4. buddahfan

5. omega

omega Second Round Draft Pick

Don't forget, Stuckey had an extra year of college left so he's young but over the next few years he will be one of the best players the Pistons have had on thier roster over the past 10 years.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Stuckey played two years in college, I think. He'll be 22 in April.

He made a huge impact in the 4th quarter tonight in Toronto, pretty reminiscent of what Lindsey did to the Celtics early in the 4th of that game in Boston. Steals, pushing the tempo on offense, making things happen all over. He had 6 assists in just 18 minutes. In particular, he was working a great connection with JMax, multiple passes for dunks or fouls around the rim.

7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    If he'll be Lindsey with all the offensive game that we're hoping for, Pistons got themselves an all-star in making.

8. buddahfan

As I recall:

He played 2 years of JC ball
    He played 2 years of university ball

All told he played 4 years of college ball.

9. mikhail1973

Whatever he played, the dude is for real. Cudos to Joe D for the homework on the kid.

10. Taco John

Taco John First Round Draft Pick

He sat out the 2004-2005 season as academically ineligible. Then he played two years.

Here's his Rivals page from 2004

Rodney Stuckey - Basketball Recruiting

11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

One thing is for sure, he is a smart man. He knows he's got a guy in Maxiell who is gonna hang around the rim, to reap the benefits of his penetration. As their chemistry improves, those two are going to be deadly on the pick and roll.

He is so much better than Lindsey/Flip already, it's not even funny. His D is getting better and better, and his ability to grab steals is extremely impressive. He's got 12 steals in his last 6 games. Plus he is running the offense very well already.

The only real negatives at the moment are the occasional rookie turnovers (he's a lot like Wade in that way as well), and sometimes he is too passive looking for his own offense. These are both things that I expect will only improve with time.

It's going to be a blast watching this guy grow as a Piston.

12. Chandragupta

Chandragupta First Round Draft Pick

The biggest improvement I have seen from his first games to now is the reduction of the on-the-ball fouls. Instead of committing early fouls, he is learning what kinds of contact he can make with the ball carrier. I'm certain Lindsay has helped in this area, as well as simply playing with NBA caliber players. As a result, he is playing extremely better with dribble/shot defense, coming up with more steals, and committing less fouls.

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

he is a quick learner. he's not getting fouls when opposing guards are bringing the ball up the court (letting them initiate contact). last night he didn't pick up his dribble. he started dishing to maxiell when driving in the lane and a layup wasn't guaranteed.

that's 2 games in a row that we went on a big 4th quarter run when he entered the game. then remember his impact at the end of the 3rd quarter in that other game (i forgot against who lol). he's having a positive impact.

14. buddahfan

Those are valid points.

If I may add.

When he first started playing, as he said, his legs were heavy. Since you play defense first and foremost with your feet/legs, having heavy legs can negatively affect your defense.

15. CHS Ace 12

CHS Ace 12 First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey is really agressive to the whole which is very good...although that could be a concern for injury. otherwise he can dribble and ppass well. his perimeter D is excellento...but his jumshot needs to improve...it will as he goes along though. Stucckey has a lot of potential to ba Dwayne Wade (that doesent travel,doesent whine, doesent suck at shooting, doesent have huge lips)

16. buddahfan

It seems to me that with all due respect and I mean that sincerely that comment about a part of Wade's anatomy was totally out of line and in very poor taste.

17. mikhail1973

I concur.

18. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

stuckey should have played a lil more but he still played well

13 minutes
    6 points
    3 rebounds
    1 steal
    0 astists
    1 to

19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Flip needs to loosen the reigns on him. At the moment Flip's calling for a bunch of flex offense plays. But with the bench in the game, it doesn't work. Getting into some Max/Stuckey pick and rolls early in the shot clock will clean up a lot of the stagnant offense. The Flex offense is just too slow for the Zoo Crew, and relies on getting shots very late in the shot clock. With Stuckey's speed and playmaking ability he should be attacking very early in the possession instead of just tossing the ball around the perimeter a couple times to waste shot clock. This is when he starts making rookie mistakes. No one gets open, and he has to scramble to try to make a play at the last minute. That's when the TOs come.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You my friend are very astute in this regard. You could tell he was doing too much thinking on the court and not enough hoopin. Funny, Chuancey and SHeed run the worse pick and roll game I've ever seen because they can NEVER get into the paint. Stuckey and Maxiel would run a FAR BETTER pick and roll game resulting in pts in the paint, yet.........?????? We never see it......