Rodney

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Whitepine

Whitepine First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

LMAO- the last 1/2 dozen posts on Rodney keep me coming back to the PF.
    Thanks

2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Kinda funny how this has become a Stuckey thing to nitpick, when everyone does it.

3. max

max All-Star

Do they even know who he is. Rodney who? Oh that guy who disses his coaches.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Come on...The supremacy of talent makes the exhibition, as one large circus sign...I am on constant display and yes, I get paid. And at the end, I have my dreams, and yours by rightful payment, leaves me in isolation. As I grow beyond, the bounce of life gives greater intensity. I poured everything out, and your invented casually of feelings, was never for me...because it was one of joyless work. Who is left with the end-game of transfer, solitude and those of internal doubts?

Solitude, while greatly increasing the intensity of feeling, diminishes the powers of self-criticism.

Walter Kaufmann, From Shakespeare to Existentialism

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I read a Celtics blog to see if there was any interest in Rodney by the writers or fans. They were discussing free agents...restricted or otherwise, and nobody mentioned his name. However, 5 mentioned Tracy McGrady...:pound:

6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Well, the Celtics aren't exactly looking for a point guard, so why should there be any interest there?

7. Nemo

I was figuring to replace Ray Allen. He certainly could play both guard spots and get plenty of minutes. Ray is getting up there in age and Rodney is the surging star who could jump start their fortunes...yet he isn't mentioned. The backups at guard in Boston don't seem ready to take over...

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think it just goes to show how stupid Celtics fans are if they're not chomping at the bit to get Stuckey.

They'd have to un-retire Dennis Johnson's #3 to accommodate him also. Rodney doesn't bend.

9. max

max All-Star

I don't think any winning team is going to trust him as a starter. Should get some interest as a bench player.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I could see him helping Memphis.

11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

As a "coach disser" Rodney will fit in well with the Heat.

12. Brap

Brap Starter

You guys are nuts if you just want to jettison Stuckey. He STILL could become an all-star guard. Let's see him play with a stabile team, and without ball-sucks like Tay and Rip (who make it impossible for any PG to run this team), and with balanced talent (Monroe, JJ back, Daye at the 3 and 1 more really good power player) for a season, and with a quality NBA coach. I'll bet everyone begrugingly changes their minds about this guy.

Besides, what's the risk? It's not like we're going to get a great player if we trade him or try to fill his salary slot.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Didn't Billups finish 2nd or 3rd in the MVP voting playing the point with those guys in '06? The excuses just keep changing for this guy.

14. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Yeah billups did good with them, when they were playing hard and making the hustle plays and actually trying to win instead of playin for the cash and a ticket outta town on the fa/trade wagon. This is no where near the same team and they are nowhere near the same players.

15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Wait... are you saying Prince and Hamilton are the same players now they were in 2006? Father time is undefeated. They've declined (especially Hamilton) and obviously Stuckey isn't the player that Billups was, especially in regards to making others around him better.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

What was Stuckey playing for last year, pride?

I'm only responding to Brap's post that makes it seem that playing with Rip and Tay dooms someone to a .300 winning % and that we're crazy to judge him when he's been placed in such a lousy situation.

17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Stuckey is not the saviour of the team, and he didnt play or behave like it. I dont get your intense hate for him though...did he sleep with your mother? wife? husband? He was far from the worst player on the team, and actually led the team in numerous categories. But reading your posts about him I would think he shot mother theresa at center court at halftime, while slapping a newborn with the last known bald eagle in existence.

18. Nemo

Once Billups was traded after a 4-0 start...the team definitely went quickly south, with Stuckey at the helm..

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

He led the team in post game hugs.

Being far from the worst player on a horrible team ain't saying much. We will see what kind of interest (if any) he draws from other teams.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Why would I hate the guy? Would it be:

• The constant losing since he arrived
    • The constant chemistry problems since he was cemented in as a starter
    • The 14 times he refused to re-enter the game last season because there wasn't a juicy enough role for him
    • The way he has refused to work on his game which is why he is the same player he was when he came into the L
    • How it is always someone else's fault
    • How it took him 3 years to push the ball up the court all the while claiming they needed to run
    • How they need to find a coach to cater to his 14 ppg, 44% shooting despite the fact that he never shoots beyond 15 feet talent
    • How he carries himself like Mike Jordan but would struggle to beat Jeff Jordan
    The Pistons got many problems. It seems the best rational people can come up with for re-signing Stuckey is that they have plenty of other bad contracts on the books. I think they could replace 85-90% of what he (allegedly) does without much effort. The team will play better without him.

It amazes me that people can claim he hasn't been given a chance.