Rodney

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Mar 25, 2011.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

My intro on free-wheeling thoughts about coaching absence and important attachments, invisibly used. An exercise on thrashing out.

It may come down to NY fashion. The runway has always had a sort of certain fascination probing organic patterns. For instance, take the pragmatic introduction of pockets as an outgrowth...what do you put in them? How are they shown? In usage, are there secondary associations that direct toward or away from certain flows? Can they be invisible keys that unlock the turbulence of streams and what floats upon them? What is the current channel and opposing cross flow of the mimic?

Fly-fisherman need not apply...but then, they always come up, with their sly grin, that certain Velcro attachments (above each pocket) have adornments that represents the current directory (stream specific, of course) of the last five year mayfly species of this month's hatch. See what I mean? Are you currently wearing items that have pockets? Are they filled? Are they ever filled...I mean all of them? Perhaps, a particular one?

OK, where is this going? A premise...all players (generally) have no pockets. All coaches have wares that have them. But what if you have certain placements of pockets that are visible (the fly-fisherman) which are ignored, but have active adornments (flies adapting toward all stages of lifestyles) pinned to the proper reward of selective activity patterns. Who and by what fashion is picked and what is ignored?

Is there a natural selection (as in culture) that the picker must obey their ingrained natural hatch pattern?

Who has the pockets...the administrators. Those that have pockets and are not used (players), but do they have adornments? Invisible pockets, but yet filled as a historic and cultural hatch pattern? What influence has a chain of being?
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I'm just wondering why they were named "Hot Pockets".....:)
  3. max

max All-Star

I predict he will take his talents to South Beach.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I hear you, and I do agree that he's finishing better at the rim. But it is taking so long for him to improve that it is frustrating me to no end.

For the record, I want to reiterate that I wouldn't mind keeping the guy for the right price.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree.

The only nit picky negatives for last year were that his defensive rating hit a new high of 114 (not a stat to be taken in isolation) and his rebounding percentage declined.

Also, his net production declined from +2.6 to +1.6 and his simple rating went from +4.8 to +2.4. But most of our core experienced a decline, so these stats have some team effect imbedded in them.

I don't think Stuckey is capable of making our crappy team into a contender. He's a combo guard that people compare unfavorably to true PG's and true SG's with separate criterea depending on which comparison they are making. Unfortunately for Det, we don't have a true PG and we have 2 other high paid SG's that fill that 2 spot.
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, but you'll notice that Stuckey's decline in defensive rating has correlated with the massive decline in team defense. Stuckey had his best defensive rating in his rookie season. He's a much better defender now than he was then.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Right. It's the same with offensive rating.

IMO, the best use for each of these stats is to make relative comparisons within the team for that season. I'd look at the defensive ratings for all of our players last year and see how they sorted.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

5 agents and he hasn't even had a contract extension yet?
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Rodney is harder on coaches and agents than the greatest NBA divas.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think you have it backwards. People just don't give Rodney the respect he deserves.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I can understand firing his last agent if he wanted an extension from Dumars and didn't get it... but why could he have possibly butted heads with the agents before that? It must have been endorsement related only, right? I believe he is signed with Addidas. Was he angry that Wallside Windows took a pass on him?
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

He most likely wanted to be his agent's starting client.

I'd be willing to guess that he declined to follow his agent's directions, and refused to take their phone calls whenever they attempted communications with him.:stirthepot::stirthepot:

I know that sounds funny......

But I'm halfway serious.

No agent would be pleased that their client, wanting a contract extension mind you, decided to participate in a team destroying act of defiance when his agent was trying to sell Joe on his positive qualities.

What an idiot Rodney was if getting locked up into a long term deal was his goal.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think he was shafted by the Rahmani Eye Institute.
  15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

earlier in this thread I was all for moving him to the two and giving him a chance.

Now I'm realizing that he is 3 years older than Russell Westbrook.

Screw Rodney Stuckey.

S/T Joe.

S...&.....T.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

... but that means he likes us. He really likes us.
  17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Another panic move and this time off the floor, or looking up from the floor. Certainly there is an element of confusion or perhaps, better yet, one of excessive pushing toward a certain direction.

From my perspective, he is a mid-level talent that has more potential in upside than down. I have always preface my desire to include him into a Piston future, with the understanding that he had a certain pragmatic outlook that things will change for his better on a future Piston team. I no longer think that this is the case.

There are a lot of reasons for my change of perspective and those multiple lead-ins are rather insignificant compared to his most recent move. The agent change to Rose is a flat-out directional conclusion for the best deal out of Detroit. Rose is a dealer and one of the best pitch men around. In a S/T, JD will most likely follow his normal baseline toward incremental moves, which could mean another guard (vet) plus a draft pick. Even JD's myopic astigmatism will not burp-out another 2 guard manisfistation...let us pray.

Or it could be another direction, and one out of his hands, from a baseline perspective. Gores could move half of this team (meaning one time starters and a countdown of ten); but this would take time, and his dependency would be highly susceptible to JD's influence. The question could be asked, could this directional change be too big a challenge for JD? Does the CBA contract void, from a closure, hurt or help this latter direction?

Gores and most corporate baselines, have traditional one year plus yearnings that result in high turnover layoffs, amiss those justifications that some sort innovation of market monopoly myth will create another Wagner's Tristan deity, that propels us to the true pathway of a piously correct moralistic existence.

Please, leave the back-door open.
  18. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Wallside Windows? That's like hiring a bull to be your spokesman if you own a china shop.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I charge into defend ers.
    The pro fess ion als at Wallside charge low prices.

I refuse to re-enter the game at the Palace
    The pro fess ion als at Wallside refuse to let cold air re-enter your Palace

It could work.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

"The sole reason to buy or own a used home is to replace the windows with Wallside Windows. There can be no other course of action as I see it."