Rodney

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

LOL Classic.

What does he think firing all his agents will do? FORCE Joe D into giving him the contract he wants? It doesn't work that way. If no one wants to give you the contract...no agent will force it out of them. Somebody needs to invest in psychological evaluations instead of overseas scouting and articles about 'potential'.
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Low, there is no forceful direction, as in another direction. In stone, it was written last year. Where is your historical and psychological perspective on this? The Pistons are now a way-side afterthought. The immediacy of the situation, from Stuckey's perspective, is out of the lobster trap into the free flowing stream of market value. Perhaps. he might be surprised on how social the obvious becomes:

• Are lobsters aggressive? We think of lobsters as solitary beings, but they are extremely social. They also hate each other. They are always kicking each other out of the house, fighting over food. They literally get into pissing contests. Their bladders are in their heads, so they squirt each other in the face with urine.
    • Lovely. Let's talk about lobster sex. The female sprays urine into the male's apartment, basically drugging him into submission. Then she moves in with him and gets PMS--promoting syndrome. She gets irritable, shoves a lot of gravel around the place. He is understanding and tender; he waits until she molts, until her legs can stand, then he turns her on her back and mounts her. The female has a seminal receptacle, a kind of fanny pack. The male guides his swimmerets down into the pouch. Then he rolls some sperm packets into a plug for her seminal receptacle so no other males can get there.
    • Do lobsters hurt when you boil them? The lobster's nervous system is pretty well studied, but no one has been able to identify anything that resembles a pain receptor. We can't say with confidence that they feel pain. Their nervous systems are equivalent to [that of] a housefly or a mosquito.
    • Is there a more humane way to kill a lobster? You can hypnotize it first by putting it upright on its nose, then rubbing its carapace. But some researchers found that actually prolongs death. The best thing is to plunge a big kitchen knife in its head. You can also put the lobster in the freezer for a few minutes before you cook it. That will slow down its metabolism so it passes into the next life more painlessly.
    • Do lobsters hurt when you boil them? The lobster's nervous system is pretty well studied, but no one has been able to identify anything thathttp://www.radiolab.org/blogs/radiolab-blog/2010/jul/12/the-luckiest-lobster resembles a pain receptor. We can't say with confidence thhttp://www.radiolab.org/blogs/radiolab-blog/2010/jul/12/the-luckiest-lobster/at they feel pain. Their nervous systems are equivalent to [that of] a housefly or a mosquito.
    Hey Low, this has nothing to do with you. Or...or...a pod-cast. This is strictly about those poor lobsters.

The Luckiest Lobster - Radiolab
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Okay.........soooo.......

Rodney has sprayed urine in Joe's tender and understanding face and kicked up alot of gravel, and now it's up to Joe to either mount him, boil him, or place him in the freezer?
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I always appreciate a good segue. :thumb:
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Actually...all of the options point to a career with the Pistons. Boiling, Freezing, urinating, spraying...His other option is to be able to swim away freely...go to another team. The message is that he WANTS to go...

He's kinda become the Krispy Kreme in Joe's hungry hand...
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This thread should be merged with the Weird Science and other Phenomena thread....
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

When I heard about the low prices and 100% customer satisfaction guarantees at Wallside Windows I nearly fainted.
  8. max

max All-Star

Crustations aside - I don't think the Pistons will make an offer or match an offer. There will be a season - next season and that season will be without Stuckey - I believe. But we will see. We need a PG not another combo guard with an attitude
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...Call Wallside today!
    One of my former agents is standing by.
  10. Nemo

I really get [STRIKE]pissed[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]angry[/STRIKE] pleased when somebody tells a better joke than me...:)
  11. Nemo

I hope you're right........................
    I hope you're right........................:)
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Before I saw Dr. Rahmani at the Rahmani Eye Institute, I couldn't even see the players I was colliding into. After my appointment with Dr. Rahmani, I not only recognize the players involved in my collisions, I know who I am hugging after the game. Thanks, Dr. Rahmani."
    ---Rodney Stuckey
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here is the genesis of Dumars' fascination with combo guards...

16. Brap

Brap Starter

So? It worked.

I still like the idea of a team that runs its offense through multiple positions. We have a C/PF in Monroe who has and will develop that ability. I believe we can through Daye. If Stuckey is PG or SG, we clearly can through him as well. I'd love another guard in that same mold. Yes, I get that Stuckey at PG isn't a pure point like Rondo. I don't care. I simply believe that on a functional team that learns to play together, that Stuckey is a major plus - a potential all-star performer.

And I like the core guys on this team, Monroe, Daye, JJ and Stuckey. I think they'll play together really well as the years go along. Now, just pick players who can perform well around them, and hope that guys like Bengo and even White, can become good players and good fits around that core, and that we draft really well for the next few seasons, while we're sucking wind as this young core goes through their normal growing pains.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There's a big difference between a combo guard being able to play both positions and someone who is arguably the best point guard in the history of the league being capable of playing at the 2 when necessary.

I don't think the system worked because they had a bunch of versatile players (although maybe they did) as much as because they had one of the all-time greats at point guard.

Maybe I sell Joe short, but that's my quick hit.
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

“I started at the two and Isiah at point guard, but all of us (including Vinnie Johnson) could play either position, which made it easy,” Dumars says. “It never fell on one guy. The first time I saw Isiah get overplayed, I went back and got the ball and he went to the two, and that’s what we did for the next 10 years.”

Yeah. If you've got Zeke, Dumars, and Vinnie it WOULD work. ANYTHING would work. So I think it is the same with Stuckey, Bynum and Gordon...OMG, Joe. Did you really say that? REALLY? REALLY? :pound::pound::pound:
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not really criticizing his mantra, just thought it was interesting that he seemed to clearly describe its origin in that quote.

The bad boys had defense, toughness, great and versatile guards, and a crazy wildcard in Rodman. Also, they had a coach that commanded respect.

If he copies the entire formula, I'm totally on board with it. If he says things like "in today's NBA, you need a superstar and guys who can create their own shots" then I start to lose faith in his clarify of vision. I really like the 2002-2005 Dumars philosophy. Then he started getting wacky and focusing way too much on offense, which got more and more inefficient the more he chased it.
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's like having a really good script for a play, but lousy actors. It just won't work.