Role in first Memphis game upsets Iverson

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mossberg, Nov 3, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't forget Capp Spayce and Sal Cap.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is it possible to put together a list with all his teammates and coaches since he entered the league and an option of All of the Above?
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Larry Brown. He is a bad person.
  4. G-man

G-man Starter

Surely Larry Brown nurtured the demons living in Iversons head. He suckled him on the teat of ego-centricity as it was the only liquid that ran in Larrys blood. He passed the mutant gene to the "one" and it over-powered the lesser human traits, humbleness, thoughfulness, charm and grace (in medical circles it is whispered the gene forever retards the growth of grace).

But in fact - the 76'ers were wandering in the "dustland" after jettisoning Barkley back in June of '92. The 76'ers were sucking dry wind and were falling away into nothingness until finally getting little "me-me" in the draft of '96. Pat Croce took over and they brought in the big "me-me" to raise the little one in the ways of the world, in the template of the NBA (LB's NBA).

The two syncophants entwined themselves around one another and the parasite-host, host-parasite became one. The "one". The Answer.

The organization sold its soul to the devil asking only for the sound of raptous fans voices reflecting off the cavernous walls of Wachovia Center, (a coincidence that they were one the first teams to sell their "Spectrum Center" name off to a "commercial" entity? I think not).

They craved the sound of coins rattling in cash drawers and little feet scuttling about in tiny #3 jerseys. They cared not for what they grew, only that it attracted ambulance chasers and accident watchers.

The organization's soul less head spawned the graceless answer. The organizations staff spared the rod and spoilt the milk.

Thirteen years later we see the disconnected graceless one wandering lost, myopically dragging his legend behind him like an anchor on a rope. From the "dustland" he arrived and to the dustbin he seems destined to return.

In an odd but somewhat relevant way, take note that the number 13 is a number you won't find in an elevator. There's no tenents on #13, no mail delivered, no laughter in the hallways. It's the lost floor.....
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Classic G-man.
  6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I know first and ten on espn in the morning is about debate and sometimes they have to really streatch to get both sides of a debate covered.. and as I am a rural middle aged white guy alot of times I can't understand inner city young kids of any race.... that all said....

One of the guys said that AI is all but being black balled by the teams in the league and that because just two years ago he averaged 28 points a game that it must not be AI but the teams that are at fault here...

Can anybody argue from a front office side explain how that is possible to this dumb country hick?
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur ...it's like an "Ode to a Fallen I"
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

AI lives in "Truman Show". It has been perfectly built show so far because of "victim" of it still sincerely believes that "Truman Show" is real life.

There are some cracks in the image - AI rising white flag in Detroit was not written in the script, but this project has been too profitable for abandoning, we'll see some desperate attempts to extend it, even if there won't be so many followers as before.

the fact that AI ran like a coward from Detroit and it caught JoeD totally pants off, says that even NBA front offices believe in "Truman Show".
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How did the Truman Show end?

I think I fell asleep during that movie.
  10. LA Dre

He tried to sail off the set, but ran into a wall. Then he spoke to the man above, climbed some steps exited a door saying these famous words:

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

TV fans of the show cheered and the network pulled the plug on it...
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In a recent nba.com interview with Sheed (mostly about boxing), the final Q and A was:

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Now, who's the He and who's the She in this scenario.

Memphis Grizzlies have to move on without MIA Allen Iverson - ESPN

13. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lionel Hollins is old school. AI needs a touchy-feely kind of coach. Hollins is not going to put up with a drama queen. It seems as though his teammates are sick of him, too. This is what happens when an owner involves himself with player selection. I dont think the coach or gm wanted AI on the team.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Teammates tend to get sick of a guy really quickly when he's calling for their starting job and suggesting that the coach bench them in favor of him. Even if you bring the donuts, they won't stick up for you.
  15. LA Dre

Memphis is 1-7....there is some decent talent on that team where they should have at least 2-3 victories. You have to wonder if the AI issue is affecting the teams' psyche...look what it did to us last year and we supposedly had better players.

AI needs to go over seas where he can be DA Man for a couple of years, skip practice and wear whatever he wants on the team bus...jerseys, chains, hair rags under his cap and then retire gracefully...
  16. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I do not want that jerk in MY Europe! Do you hear me!

Europe is not dustbin for yankees....

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He should definitely go to Europe. He can be the man, get paid more, and he could travel more than Lebron.
  18. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

The Funny thing is that A.I. goes to Europe and HE GETS OWNED there (which is very probable) .. he'll kill himself.. :pound:
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

More likely would be that his coach would try to suggest to him that team might be better of if he were their high powered 6th man... then he would do as you said.
  20. LA Dre

he can go back to Georgetown, check his eligibility and finish up his Jr and Sr years...

...or maybe go play for the Globe Trotters and show off his dribbling and shooting skills...but the Trotters may reject him thinking he would turn them into a losing team. :)

seriously though, if his salary was $20 million the last couple of years, he just needs to retire, cut his entourage in half and invest that money before turns into a bankrupt Antoine Walker...