Roll the Dice?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, May 18, 2006.

?

Should Dice start in Game 6?

1. Yes

63.2%
  2. No

36.8%
  1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Dice played the quarter of his life and we didn't win. Except for Tayshaun and Dice no one showed up. It's time for flip to make some adjusments and get Sheed out fot Dice.

Don't you see why our offense is so bad right now? Chauncey is playing the worst I've ever seen. sheed is injured and can't do anything, and Ben mainly gets hustle points. That leaves only 2 of our starters playing good, and yet we've only lost by 2 these past 2 games. Dice is playing with a much bigger purpose than anyone one of our players so should we start him? I'll be angry if the guy doesn't get at least 30 minutes because Flip has to adjust.

If we are to win Game 6 Chauncey needs to have a big game, Tay needs to play the same but get the ball more, Dice needs 30+minutes, Ben needs to go after every loose ball, and rip needs to score.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sure, go ahead and start Dice. What could it hurt? Team's playing awful and Sheed's ineffectiveness is largely the reason. Also, Sheed is hurt. That should be reason enough to put Dice in there. I don't normally read Charley Rosen, but he lays a lot of the blame on Sheed's shoulders.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5617400
  3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

sure- smart coaches do the right adjustments in playoff time (Carlisle when he packed out Prince against Mc Grady, Magic at the5 spot in 1985?)- Dice is the one on the roster who wants it the most. We all know he's got game. If he starts, he could have the game of his life, if not, we can put in Sheed/Ben anyway, so what? A new fresh face in starting unit could change something and this team barely needs an adjustment.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yes. there's no more rhythm for dice to get messed up by starting. he hustles nonstop and the way sheed is playing i'd rather have dice raining jumpers. sheed's offense wasn't even bad last night (5/9 shooting for 10 points and 9 boards in only 22 minutes), but his ankle is clearly bothering him defensively.

i still don't understand why dale davis hasn't played this series. there's no way he gives up any of those easy baskets to varejao or gooden...or at least he makes them pay. dice or chauncey (forgot who) finally gave a hard foul in the 4th quarter and it was like...ABOUT TIME.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

It was Dice, he gave a hard foul on Varejao late in the 4th.
  6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

no. mcdyess shouldn't start but he should get heavy minutes. we still have to keep ben happy for the next 2 series. we still have to sign him next year too.

sheed isn't fast enough to defend the pick and roll defensively. flip just needs to change the way he is defending the pick and roll simple as that. we do needs sheeds offense. i've always said our best lineup is when sheed and mcdyess are in the game at the same time. cavs don't have a dominant big man at all so there is reallly no need for ben to be playing major minutes.
  7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I would like to see Dyce start but if he doesn't (which is the way it will turn out) Dyce should play equal minutes to botht Sheed and Ben. Split the totol time for the two big positions in thirds. Keep the two lead-butts on the bench.

Get the ball to Taysh more often to make LeBron work harder on defense, and besides, Taysh knows how to score.

Wake up CB and Sheed and get their butts in gear.

I don't know what to do with Rip. I saw him just seem out of it several times last night. Guys just shot right in front of him and he just stood there. The entire starting five seems kind of disinterested and CB was smiling too much after being tossed after a very lackluster game.

They just seem to me like that have hit the wall and their season is pretty much a thing of the past. They ALL need to wake up.

It looks like someone pulled their "OFF" switch a couple of series too soon.
  8. Dakid_11

Dakid_11 Second Round Draft Pick

Dice may start anyways.

Sheed is suspended friday for the T he picked up last night. I believe it was his second of the playoffs.
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Sheed isn't suspended. He has 3 techs in the playoffs so far, but you don't get suspended until #7.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It takes seven technicals to get suspended in the playoffs.
  11. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Dice seems to be the only one with any hunger in this series. He has played poorly but he stepped up last night in the 4th when no one else (besides Tay) would. I think it would give us a better chance.
  12. Dakid_11

Dakid_11 Second Round Draft Pick

My bad!

I heard Reggie miller saying that he would be suspended.

I thought 'cause he had already picked up the quota in the regular saeson, it tuned over to the playoff.

So I guess it all starts a new during the playoffs?
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I was thinking bench Sheed and put in dice. Ben will still start.
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I heard the same thing (which Reggie repeated about 4 times) and each time I just kept saying "No he isn't". I guess the Pistons weren't the only ones to have an error filled game. The announcers made several mistakes last night.