Ron Artest comment...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Capn, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Capn

Capn First Round Draft Pick

I just thought this was funny....

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-0604030201apr03,1,6615701.column?coll=cs-columnists&ctrack=1&cset=true
    *at the bottom*
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's Ron's world. We just live in it.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's hard to argue that Ron didn't save Sacramento's season. Because he did.

Despite the weirdness, the psychosis, he's an incredible baller. He's got emotional issues, Kobe has no soul. I don't see a huge gap between them.

But Ron is taking the "get paid" approach, looking to put up the #s that will get him taken care of with a max deal. It's really no different than Mike James chucking 25 shots last night and costing Toronto a chance to win, except Ron is good enough to chuck and win.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's Mike James team now, I guess he was clanking.
    A player like Ron Ron ...I think you can live with a few bad shots. Some of them will go in. I guess you can forget about any kind of disciplined offense.
  5. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Ron needs the $$$$. For some reason, he missed a huge chunk of change last season.:frusty: If you were the GM, would you dole out max money for this mentally deranged player? It's only a matter of time...
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Seems like RonRon is really trying hard now. It's just when he starts to think and engage his mouth that things get F'ed up. Whoever gets RonRon in the first round is looking at 7 games.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Talk about a "difference maker." With Ron Artest on the floor, the Kings outscored opponents by 223 points; without him, they were outscored by more than 100 points! Similarly, the Pacers were +130 points with Artest on the court this season but also in the negative with Artest off the court and/or off the team.
  8. roscoe36

Rockin' Ronny is the bomb. He's part Malone, a little Rodman and a lot Mike Tyson.

The NBA needs more superstar nutjobs. I'm tired of listening to the boring guys. Urgh, this means I probably accept Gilbert Arenas.... :(
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'll be drinkin til sunday and listening to WDFN and watchin ESPN classic ...so let me say this about Artest...
    1. The one player in the east that scared me. Shaq was 2, Wade was 3. He can dominate and would dominate more if he wasnt bi-polar(like my ex-wife)!
    2. Puerto Rican rum is good.
    3. I would trade Ben and Tay for a sane Artest any time.
    4. I'd like to see more Artest in Tay AND Ben!
    5. I'll be really trippin tomorrow....AHHHHHHH! LETS BALL!
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I forgot to mention, that was an ESPN quote. I was in a hurry to get out of work when I posted it.
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ron Artest will be the only NBA star to be declared wacko!! We already know this, however, a professional shrink must make the diagnosis before it becomes official.

My question is; how can somebody so mentally unstable ball so good? I wonder if he hears voices that tell him what to do on the court.

If he does hear voices, it probably goes something like this....

"Hey Ron Ron, do not let him score, don`t let him score, never let him score". "Lay on the table and think, that`s Big Ben, don`t get up, just lay here, WTF, KILL WHOEVER THREW THAT DRINK ON YOU.....GO!!
  12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Artest was on the NBA Playoff Preview show on ESPN today. Saunders asked him if he was serious about Sactown winning it all and he said he was. This guy is several fries short of a Happy Meal.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

D59 they're called "idiot savants" That means most of their issues are messed up but in one or two skills they can be superhuman.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't have a problem with the fact that he believes that they can/will win the Championship. The only problem is that by saying it, he actually hurts their chances. It probably gave the Spurs a little extra motivation.

Also, from a gambling standpoint, he doesn't have much to gain with his guaranty. If they win it all and he didn't guaranty it, he would look like a stud anyway. The downside is that he looks like a fool now.
  15. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Not as crazy in certain ways but you think he might start dyeing his hair and dressing in drag?Rodman was kinda flipped kicking camera men and whatnot.I just can't take another baller in a wedding dress.Though Rodman was kinda cute like RuPaul.:eyebrows:
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'd say 122 to 88 says they got the message.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The suspended without pay thing brings up a questions I have.

Do players get paid for each Playoff game they play in?

In other words, if you are up 3-0 on another team in the Finals, would you make more $ if you lost a few games before you close them out?
  19. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Nope, you're on salary just like most full-time professionals. Maybe there are some performance incentives in individual contracts, but generally you get paid the same whether it's less work or more.

Hmmm ...

With his appliance store experience, I can see Ron-Ron negotiating an hourly wage and thinking he was better off: "See, I get paid by the hour ... and the games are only 48 minutes! Y'all so dumb!"
  20. roscoe36