Ron Artest-Piston DNA

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, May 14, 2009.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Just curious, is it me, or is Ron Artest really showing the Piston DNA we used to brag about? The thought is frying my brain considering the palace brawl and his moments of complete insanity, but I look at what he's doing with Houston right now against Kobe, and I can't think of a better guy to have on this team against LeBron and to revive that old style Piston DNA we used to have.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Love Artest, but like Turkalu, he wants to dominate and ball hog, so he just needs to be able to know that he has other team mates that can shoot too and play tough D when needed
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And we have the perfect coach to lead difficult personalities.
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm on board with bringing Artest in. He might be slightly off kilter in the off court but there's no denying what he brings on court. The only kink is that Curry would have little idea how to manage the guy.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Artest is a freakin' time bomb waiting to go off. The guy is a whacko.
  6. LA Dre

Maybe he drives Curry to pulling his hair out :evil::laugh: and Curry resigns and Joe finds a real coach...
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

And Rodman wasn't? Hey, at this point, anything to get competitive again.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I think the Pistons need some stability. NO to Artest.
  9. bmill

bmill First Round Draft Pick

We know about his past history but Ron Artest would be as perfect as a fit for us to put against Lebron as we can find. He can play good D on LB and make him work on the defensive end ALOT better than Tayshaun. It would be a great fit except for one thing..... Hes PSYCHO!
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There are not many guys physically capable of guarding Lebron. The pros are that Artest is physical enough, young enough, and he is a scoring threat on top of it all.

If we are about to enter the era of Lebron, then we may as well gamble with a potential Lebron stopper. Because if we don't, odds are that we are going to run into the same problem every year.

Odds of him blowing a gasket are probably about 50%, but I think it is still the right gamble... if we had the right coach.
  11. LA Dre

Did you see Artest give Kobe the stare down after he show him his cut lip/tongue talk about intimidation...:MusicBigGrin:

We got to take some chances here and re-establish this team with either the toughness of Rough Artest :diablo:or we continue along with Taysoft Prince:(
  12. max

max All-Star

What about their other guy at the 3 Shawn Battia? He is a decent defender and can hit the 3-ball. Would have to trade for him.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My personal dislike of Artest aside, I just would hate to have my season rest on him losing it and getting suspended. I know the 50% is a random number, but it's probably not far off. I think the risk is too high. Build the right way.
  14. LA Dre

I am ok with Battier...he'd love to come home and play in Detroit. You would probably get less scoring out of him than Artest or Prince, but he and Prince can share the position if we are keeping Taysoft.
  15. max

max All-Star

Taysoft - :pound:

At this point I am think Battier would be an upgrade.

I don't know - I may be open to Artest as long as it was a shorter contract.
  16. LA Dre

and leash
  17. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Oh jeez...

If you wanna give a reason relevant to today why we shouldn't consider him, bring up Coach Clueless. I want Artest, but without a real coach he may not help us much.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

Kinda weird this discussion is going on...myself included. Artest looked like a pansy running from Ben and plopping himself on the scorers table only to get hit by a drink thrown from the stands.

He got suspended for the rest of the season without pay (75 games?) That seems like a valuable lesson in anger management...no?

I'd take either Battier or Artest over Taysoft Gold hardly-played by Coach K.

Maybe the Battier 'coming home' thing could work out as well as Chauncey's...cept we don't have a coach, Melo, Kmart, Nene, JR or Birdman...:nerd2:
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I've said it before. There's gotta be some bad blood between Joe & Laimbeer. Unfortunately, we probably won't hear about it until someone writes a book 10 years from now.

Maybe the last thing they're considering after Daly just passing but I'm seriously thinking the best thing Davidson's heirs could do for the Pistons right now is can Dumars. His last positive player transaction was Sheed...LOTSA cap space and blown window of opportunity though.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

With Ben and Chauncey gone, Artest would ascend to the role of leader on the team. He would expose all of his personality flaws and run amok. Bringing him here was a good idea, just shoulda been done before Ben left. He may have been the missing peice we needed back in 2006, but not now. We learned with coach Curry that he can't manage unusual personalities in the NBA.