1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Rotations - Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mogilny, Oct 14, 2012.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I like the starting unit for the most part, though I'd rather see more of a stretch shooter and less of a rebounder at the 3. A young Prince is Ideal, or an old Prince who stops the stall ball that he's become famous for. I think that with Monroe and Drummond starting that the rebounds will be taken care of... If singler can step up I'd love to see him get the shot at the 3.

2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

thats where I see a middleton or even jj at the 3, at least the 3 will be active.

3. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

Would like to see JJ at the starting 3 instead of Prince - just in watching (no stats to back it up):

1. they both shoot equally well (might give the tip here to JJ actually)
    2. both are not great at creating their own shot (maybe the tip here to Prince)
    3. JJ rebounds a lot better
    4. equally good on the defensive end, except that Prince won't get called as much for fouls due to the player league establishment vs frees called co-efficient.
    5. Where JJ wins the position the most is that he creates shots and injects the team with an effort focus through his hustle.

My preference starting team for this season:

BK
    Stuck
    JJ
    Monroe
    Drum

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Prince needs to be traded to a contender. Might be a better time to do it after the contenders have established themselves and one of them incurs an injury or realized that they have a weakness at SF. Also, a young playoff team might need a vet like Tay to slow them down.

5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I reckon we should call up the Atlanta Hawks and give them any combo of prince, maglight and BOT that they want for Josh Smith.

Smith + Drummond + Monroe would be a devastating front court.

S.J. likes this.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Seriously, they could use Prince and we can sign Smith as a FA in the summer.
    Tay needs to go and Atlanta might be a logical destination.
    ...also Clippers, Lakers, Mavs, Jazz, Memphis and Blazers could also use a glue guy at SF.

I'd entertain almost any deal that doesn't bog down our ability to sign FAs next summer (with a draft pick tacked on) for Tayshaun.

7. The Panda

My understanding is that they want to keep him now and will attempt to sign him again

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I see no plausible scenario where Atlanta would part with Josh Smith for Prince or anybody else on our roster that we would be willing to send away.

9. BallDon'tLie

For the record, I never in a million years thought that the Hawks would even think of entertaining a Prince for Smith deal. I was simply suggesting that if possible, Joe could trade Tay to Atlanta for some expiring garbage/draft picks; ...and we'll have anough cap space to make a good offer to Josh Smith as a FA next summer.

If we were proposing those kind of deals, I'd rather do a Prince + JMax to OKC for Durant deal.

10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm drooling just imagining a frontcourt of Smith - Monroe - Drummond ....

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Aaah, I misunderstood you, sorry.

That would destroy this team. I don't understand the logic behind sending away an undersized center in the best shape of his life (this year) and the best aging glue guy mentorish ball palmer for essentially a one-dimensional volume shooter.

The Panda likes this.
  12. BallDon'tLie

Totally agree.
    Besides, THIS is the year that Jason Maxiell becomes a double-double machine!
    ...I thought it was gonna be 4 years ago; ...I also thought that last year was a lock - but THIS is the year man!

S.J. likes this.
  13. The Panda

You would be surprised. If Smith decides he isn't going to resign there, they will want something for him while they can. He has been open before about his disdain for the Hawks front office iirc.

Obviously they won't take BoT - no one would. But what they would consider is taking on a cheaper expiring contract (Maggette) and young talent/rebuilding gear. I'm sure they would entertain Prince on a platter too.

I would give up half the team + picks + cash for a shot at JSmith. They can't let him walk - they win in a trade, and lose if he becomes an FA. We want his mobility, ability to defend pick and rolls and absolutely demolish in transition offense. He can play the 3 and the 4 easily.

Put it this way. If we pick up Smith, we can dump Prince, BoT, Maxiell & Daye. JJ can play at SF for more minutes as we just rotate JS down and use either Drum or Moose in the C. It gives our rookies time to play. And if someone takes Daye or Prince for draft picks, then it makes sense.

14. BallDon'tLie

If Josh Smith is the target, I go after him with the intent on playing him at SF.
    A front line of Smith, Monroe and Drummond would be almost unfair to the opponent.

TWOTIMESRALPHI likes this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I assume you are planning to move Tayshaun to point-forward?

16. BallDon'tLie

My intent would be to have Tayshaun check his bag while flying on a commercial flight.

He'll spend the entire 2013/14 season trying to find that tiny little thing on the luggage carrousel while Smith and Drummond take turns throwing down dunks off of lob passes.

The Panda likes this.
  17. The Panda

[​IMG]

18. BillLaimbeer

19. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

Great article.

Not really a great support for it, but even NBA 2K13 agrees with the article. I went 1-6 with the "safe" lineup against worse ranked teams, subbed Drum an JJ in for Max and Tay and have won every one since against these same teams.

20. BillLaimbeer

Perhaps this will be a future trend in the NBA....head coaches using results from video games to determine their rotations.

del likes this.