Rotations

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Sep 10, 2005.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah sure, just leave $2 and a half million on the table, no problem. Davidson needs to buy the guy out, not just expect him to walk away from over :hoops: $2million.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Maybe you're right Lee. I guess he can stiffen at the end of the bench with DD.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree with you here mikhail. I know Joe doesn't want to sign another player, but if he can't find a trade for Murray, Hunter should just step asside and take a sideline or front office job and let the youth get their PT.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    To be fair they have to buy him out. The guy shouldn't leave the money on the table because Joe needs a roster spot.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Ok, I have watching the film on these two televised summer league games until I have had enough. I will be waiting very impatiently for camp to start, and I hope to see all five guys who have been in our rotation at that time. Yes, Samb and Mejia along with Afflalo, Stuckey, and JMAX.

Here is a rotation. It assumes that Amir will beat out JMAX for the starting spot. (Well, not beat out, but be the better fit-keep reading.)

Billups, Rip, Tay, Amir, Sheed start.

Stuckey, Afflalo, Mejia, JMAX, and Samb for the 2nd unit.

Having JMAX in the 2nd unit gives the unit serious inside toughness. Although Amir will be the better shot blocker and rebounder, he ain't get the toughness of JMAX. JMAX will provide the toughness, with Samb watching his back, pulling down the rebounds, and blocking the shots.

Sheed provides the toughness inside for the starters. Yes, it will be harder for Sheed to play that role, but he won't have to be the chief rebounder as Amir can do that. And Amir can do the perimeter defense. It should work out.

Why Mejia. I am going to take a leap of faith here. Mejia continually shows up where he is suppose to be. He gets the rebound, gets the steal, picks up the loose ball preventing a turn, etc. We also know he can score. He did it in college. He is highly competitive and will find a way to score in the NBA.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sorry Lee but the lineups won't have Mejia and Samb next year. It will have Dice instead. Possibly Webber. If Webber retires or goes to Dallas it will be Nazr and Dice instead of Mejia and Samb.
  7. mikhail1973

Amir is most likely not going to start. He's going to get playing time, but not in starting role. J-Max is more likely to start. Mejia would be lucky to make NBDL roster. Barring injury he's not going to be playing for Pistons this year. The book is open on Samb whether he's going back to Europe or to NBDL to build up strength and experience.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Lets hope not. After all, I sure would like to see the Pistons have a chance to win it all this year. Guys like Dyess and Webber, who can't move laterally to defend the middle are of no help. Dyess should not play. His game is basically to shoot outside jumpers. Maxiell can do that, and go inside a lot. Look, I am not proposing in this rotation to play Samb much. Just some. You don't need a ten man rotation to keep the starters rested. If Samb plays as our backup center, it does not mean that Sheed, Amir, and JMAX can't take minutes from him as needed. As far as Amir not starting, it really does not matter that much who starts between Amir and JMAX. They are pretty much equally talented. Both should play plenty, thats what counts.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Well if you want an interior defender off the bench at this point Dale Davis is a better option than Samb because of his size.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A rotation based on signing Corliss, and bringing Dale Davis back.

We start Billups, Rip, Tay, JMAX, and Sheed.

The second unit is Stuckey, Afflalo, Corliss, Amir, Dale Davis.

Mejia plays every game, with Stuckey, Corliss, and Afflalo taking turns sitting out games to give him room in the rotation. Samb plays 10 minutes in each game, with Dale Davis and Amir Johnson taking turns giving up some minutes to him.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Corliss??
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yes Corliss. Corliss started getting quite a bit of run with Sactown toward the end of the season. He is still a brute inside, which is exactly what we need. Last time he was on our roster, we won it all. So why not.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

wouldn't mind him returning to detroit at all...... but how do you plan on this happening is he a free agent or think they'll be suckered into taking some of our trash?
  14. mikhail1973

Stuckey and Afflalo need regular playing time to develop their games. Corliss is old, we're trying to get younger. Playing Corliss means taking time away from the kids' development. And how much would he help anyway? He made $6.5 mil last year and probably looking for the same. He's seeking a 3-year deal. He's 33.
  15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

way to much cash for what he adds.... 1 million nice safty net but that much nice... thanks for the memorys
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We have the MLE available, with no plans to use it otherwise. I do like the idea of Mejia playing some small forward, but Corliss can add much needed scoring punch. People tend to forget, it was when Corliss became the chief guy coming in to rest Tay, after a disastrous game five vs. NJ, that we went on to slaughter everybody the rest of the way. Corliss has not changed much since. Nobody has chosen to use him much. Not much more wear and tear from the time he left.
  17. max

max All-Star

Yes but Carlisle was the only coach who knew how to use him. Think Flip would know what to do with him? I don't know.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh no I would not mind him coming back, but I thought you were thinking that he was back on this team.

I think Maxiell will be the new Corliss. What does this team need off the bench now?
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A point on these rotations. Some people think we will start Mohammed at center. And some people think that neither Amir nor Maxiell can play small forward. Lets look at that a bit closer. Dyess has decided to stay. So lets say we start Sheed, Mohammed, and Tay up front. Saunders has a pretty strong history of just playing basically a three man rotation with his bigs, and you know he would want to be bringing Dyess in for the bulk of the minutes behind Sheed and Mohammed.

This scenario pretty much shuts out playing time for Amir and Jason. This scenario just will not happen. Amir and Jason will play a lot, and they will play a lot together, as a pair of forwards. Depending on the matchups, either one could end up guarding anywhere from the center to the small forward when paired up like this. (and of course depending on who the 3rd big is out there.) So in sum, yes, Tay will get more rest, regardless of which player between our two young forwards you might think is playing small forward, and two, there is no room for Mohammed in the rotation.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think Webber starts at center or Sheed starts at center. If Sheed starts at center either J Max or Dice is the starting PF

I want Amir to play the 3 because with Dice, J Max, Amir, and Sheed their is not enough time to play these guys enough minutes.

J Max is shorter than Rip he can play the 3 along with Amir, so the Pistons can play Maxiell Dice and Amir a good amount of minutes.