Round 1 : Game 1 : Milwaukee at Detroit

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

I predicted Pistons in 5 but on second thought this could be a sweep. Pistons will be comming out at full force. Be interesting to see if Flips Pistons have that same post-season poise. Same players so I am not worried.

Previous 2 post-seasons the team was putting themselfs behind the 8-ball a bit too much. Last year there was trouble in each round except for the 1st. Have to jump on these teams right at the start instead of waiting until game 4 or 5.

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Milwaukee doesn't have a prayer.

I would be suprised if the Pistons did not win every game by double digits. Expect to see Delfino, Davis, and Evans to finish the game with 6 mins left in the 4th.

Watch Charlie Bell in this series! He could be an X-factor for the Bucks and provide one of the games with a little more suspense.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I predict that I'm not going to make any more predictions except this one: It'll be a lot tougher than anyone thinks for the Pistons to win it all. Even though everyone is talking about LeBron and Kobe, the Spurs are flying conspiciously under the radar, and everyone is predicting Detroit as the team to beat. They should get past the Bucks fairly easily, but after that, it will be a battle as it ALWAYS in the EC. The Pistons, with the exception of a three-game sweep in Portland in '90 and a three-game sweep against LA, have made it traditionally hard on themselves. I will never again breathe easy watching a Pistons playoff series after they nearly lost to Orlando a few years back.

4. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

I went to school in La Crosse, for undergrad (UW-L). I used to run into Fort McCoy cats all the time around there!

I'm going to game 3! (considering buying tix for game 4). I don't know if I should hope for good games--or for blowouts :) Ah well...just as long as we win.

5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My predictions :)
    - Sheed is going to take it inside- he has to, because, as Detnews reported, he gets bored in the season- that's why he takes jumpers. But comes playoff time, he has to play up his full potential. And he is one of the best inside since his fade away jumper off the post is unstoppable. Also, you can't rely on jumpers only in the playoffs and Milwaukee has a lack of good inside players.
    - Chauncey is not going to be much better than in the regular season. I expect him to score less and even dish more.
    - RIP's going to be huge- he always improves in the playoffs and after this good season he'll be even better- I expect him to score about 24ppg on a good shooting %.
    - Ben has to own the boards. And he will.

I hope Milwaukee is gone after 5 games. Then we play against the winner of Wizards- Pacer (?) while the Heat battle the Nets. The Heat are going to be very, very tough to beat. We should not forget how many problems this team had with them last year and that we probably wouldn't have advanced to the Finals if Wade hadn't been injured.

6. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Although the Spurs are flying under the radar (NBATV analyst), Detorit has beaten them twice during the regular season. Anyone and beat anyone starting from 0-0, but I do count on the mental edge going into games.

7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well my fellow forumites, LET THE PISTONS PLAYOFFS BEGIN!!! We have been waiting for this since that game 7 loss to the Spurs last year. The whole roster is healthy. Got enough rest since everyone has been averaging 20 to 25 minutes only the past week.

Hopefully, the starters don't get overly too excited or carried away esp. since the game is at the Palace and start shooting bricks. That's where experiences count and that's also where our starters have. Wish we can jump on the Bucks early like how the Spurs did against the Kings.

Well, my prediction in this series, Pistons 4-1. We will not lose at home.

8. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Game Day! t-7 hrs to go and I am totally amped. Great time to be a Detroit sports fan with Pistons, Wings and even the Tigers showing some positive things. :rockon:

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

see you guys at the palace!!!! :D :D

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Needless to say, Chat is open all day courtesy of THE LOW.

More information here.

11. roscoe36

Well, Buck Hunting Season opens today, but they put a limit on the # of available tags. Seems we can only bag FOUR Buck skins before we have to move on to the next animal in season.

[​IMG]

12. roscoe36

"Cry 'Havoc' and Let Slip the Dogs of War." - William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I knew you could control your evil twin for only sooooo long.

14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Jeff Van Gundy and some stiff announcing on TNT.

That beats McLeod.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Sure did!!!!!!McLeod *&^%!!

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Actually the TNT guy was very good. Very Nuetral. I wish we had the Toronto guys though....Nothing else very interesting bout this game. My top 5:

1. Dice needs to be twice as aggresive. His 20 minutes should be all about him.
    2. If Chauncey thinks thats an MVP performance, he's trippin!
    3. It was funny how BUX cut it to 68-64 and were outscored 24-6 (JoeS' shot at buzzer and that Gadzuric dunk dont count )
    4. Redd is not a 7-game series player at all. He'll have 'one' good game, thats it.
    5. Bux front line is so soft, you could get a good night sleep on it.

Game 2 will be worse, but we will play better on the road.My bruddahs!

17. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

:pound: thats great micro.

18. roscoe36

Yeah brother Sauce, bambi does look a lot like TJ Ford. LMAO.

Well, that's one buckskin down. I think we should tan that hide and put it on the Piston band bass drum. wooohooo! Meaningful games are here again!!!

:horn: :popcorn: :hungry: :couch2: :fencing: :faint: :thumb: :first:

19. roscoe36

20. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Ahh ya that felt so good to finally have the Pistons back where they belong.Not a perfect outing,but put em away when they thought they were back in it and held Redd down.Now Arnie needs to sleep over at Rip's house for constant ankle massage and icings.:crutch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.