Round 1 : Game 1 : Milwaukee at Detroit

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thanks bills. I agree with your final words and I certainly didn't intend to suggest otherwise. I do think, however, that the comparison with the 2002-3 orlando series is somewhat misleading. We were only 8 games better than that magic team (as opposed to 24 games better than the bucks). Plus, we had no sheed and, for the first four games of the series, virtually not tayshaun. Indeed, many credited Carlisle's adjustment (playing Tayshaun on McGrady and using him as a low-post scorer) with the turnaround. Of course, our intensity went way up too, but I'm not so sure it was just -- or even mainly -- complacency that got us in that hole against orlando. And I think Milwaukee is far more overmatched against this year's Pistons than Orlando was in that series.

But whatever, this series -- like all of them -- will definitely be fun to watch no matter what.

2. max

max All-Star

I keep hearing that on talk radio that the commish should allow the Bucks to conceed. Why? They are getting a ton of cash for this. Cash to spend on FA's this summer and some valuable playoff experience for their players.

I just hope Rips ankle does not turn into one of those limiting injuries that will not go away this post-season. That could seriously threaten the Pistons chances.

That was a different crew in 02/03 who went on to get swept by NJ.

3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Exactly what I have expected from the Stones, starting off getting too hyped out and carried away. Fortunately, with the past 2 years of experience in the playoffs together, they manage to settled down before the 1st quarter end with a run.

Other than our guards not shooting the ball too well (CB, Rip and Hunter), our bigs (Ben, Sheed, Tay & Dice) came up big offensively. Big Ben with 17 rebounds, huge. Sheed with 22 pts, 2 blocks & 2 steals, although only 4 rebounds he made it up with 3 steals & 2 blocks. Tay had a big game too with 15 pts & 8 rebounds. Dice as usual, solid 6th man numbers with almost a double-double (9 pts & 10 rebounds). If our bigs can consistently put up these numbers, we will win our 16 games playing less than 20 games.

Rip although not shooting well, he still managed to get 21 pts, thanks largely to his frequent visit at the FT line. Defensively, he did a great job covering Redd. Hope the injury is nothing much serious.

We manage to beat the Bucks in all department (assists, rebounds, blocks, steals) except turnovers where we had 11 to the Buck's 10. 4 of those TO's were early in the 1st where we were plain sloppy.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.