Round 1 : Game 2 : Milwaukee at Detroit

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I thought the Bucks would come out harder or maybe it was because we are just that much better/focused?I like that there wasn't a letdown and we should keep our foot on their throats.Roadkill time.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

tHAT WAS A HARD EFFORT FOR Milwaukee standards. Dice has 22 and 17 in 39 minutes in 2 games: rip/Billups 14 assists-1 turnover; Ben 0 min in 4th qtr......this series is over! NEXT!
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At times we looked awesome... and then we got bored. How else do you explain giving up 98 points?? Yeah Redd got his 29, but this game was over when we let them sniff our behinds at 39-37 and then went on the 12-0 run to seize control of the game. It wasn't as quite as dominating as the defensive effort put forth on Sunday during the second and third quarters, but enough to stretch it out and show them that this our house and nobody was going to steal a game 2 as others had done in the past.

Good bench play from Dice and extremely good showings by Mo who ran the charge in the second and then Hunter did the same in the 3rd.

Rip tweaked the ankle again, but showed no real affects of the injury at all, unless you want to say that Redd got his points on him??

2 down and 14 to go. 2 more and lights out for the Bucs.:nod:
  4. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

This series is boring to watch. Waiting for it to get over and things to get possibly tougher in the 2nd round. The Pistons have demonstrated that they are in another class.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I dont care if they beat my dead Grandma and Kunta Kinte's sisters, I want the "SHIP", baby!!!
  6. max

max All-Star

Bucks do not have any answers at this point.

Can't let them slip in a W on Sat.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Badass performance from Rip on bad wheels.

Team leading 8 Assists in 32 minutes to go with 18 points. Forget CB for MVP. This team is loaded with them. Rip keeps getting better and better, he's still young and he's locked up for years to come...

6 double digit scorers, 6 steals, 6 blocks. Brilliant.

The number of the Pistons beast!

I know my man Mo gets dumped on, but 8 points in 11 minutes is exactly what the doctor ordered. I pump him up tongue in cheek during chat, but consider this, last season we would have killed for an 8 point scorer off the bench not named McDyess or Hunter.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the crowd was into it early and so were the pistons. the crowd got quiet and bored in the 2nd, and so did the pistons. repeat for 2nd half. again we were doing the wave - even the upper and lower bowl at different speeds.

these aren't even playoff games. they're like exhibition games with more excitement. milwaukee is simply living on its jumpshot and has no actual gameplan.

this series is over in 4.
  9. roscoe36

Holy Cow! Look at this storefront in Milwaukee!! :laugh:

[​IMG]
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Sheed interior defense may turn out to be the story in these playoffs. How underrated can a guy be? He is maybe the best. Hey, Evans did what they wanted him to do: bring some energy and hit that three ball.
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Warts you're having too much fun.
    And Bambi is venison.
  12. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Well, I couple of people did mention that Sheed should be in the race for Defensive Player of the Year.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You're kidding.:laugh:
  14. max

max All-Star

The Playoff atmosphere is not quit there yet. It is slightly louder due to the thunder sticks. It does get louder with each round and during close games you almost need ear plugs.

My main concern is Rip. Coach is not taking the 1st round lightly ( can you blame him? ). Rip probably should sit out but you do not want to even slightly risk letting Milw back in the series. Everyone has to be conscious of how we lost to the Bucks in the last reg-season meeting playing the bench.

Get Saturdays game and perhaps Rip can rest and lets hope Clev/Wash goes 7.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Rip's ankle problem right now seems to be the kind of thing that gets better once he can be active on the floor and get the blood flowing, with the bigger issue being keeping it from getting stiff once he comes out of the game. Certainly it would be nice to get some rest time for him between the 1st and 2nd rounds, but I don't think we need to be too concerned about it for now.

Pistons did occasionally get bored, but they came out strong again every time that Flip called a TO. Bucks never got the lead under 10 again after the big 12-0 Pistons run in the 2nd quarter.
  16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking the Bucks would come out harder too, but whoever said it above is right - they did and it didn't matter. This year's Pistons may have the best defensive hands of any team I've ever seen play.

33 off the bench is a great thing.
  17. roscoe36

Flip's postgame interview from last night.

The "Ben Wallace not back in the 4th quarter" bit at the end sounds flimsy, but you have to give props to Flip for looking like he has a spine. He's been critical of the team in both games, and as Bill Laimbeer mentioned in the telecast, probably pulled Chauncey at one point for poor shot selection.

HI-FI version for folks on broadband.

LOW-FI version for those on dial-up.

Attached Files:

18. max

max All-Star

From Jsonline

"Because here's the thing about the defending Eastern Conference champions and soon-to-be NBA champs: Adjust reasonably well as the Bucks did with two days to amend their passive ways of Game 1, and the Pistons will merely - and casually - find another way to beat you down."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=419018
  19. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

I thought the reason Flip didn't put Ben back in at the end of the game was because in Game 1, Milwaukee started intentently fouling Ben in the last three and a half minutes of the game. And, they (the Pistons) didn't want to go through that again.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm fine with flip playing rip. I'm confident for a sweep because the team will now have an insentive to get the series done ASAP so that rip can rest and get his ankle healed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.