Round 1 game 3 - Detroit at Milw 8pm Sat April 29

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons at Bucks
    Series 2-0 DET
    Saturday April 29th, 2006
    8:00pm

The Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    TV: tv20 / ESPN / RSN
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

BillLaimbeer's Look at this series:

The Milwaukee Bucks will be the Pistons 1st round opponent this year. At 40-42, the Bucks will be the only team in the 2006 NBA playoffs with a losing record.

The Bucks started out the season pretty strong (17-11), but have had losing records in each of the last four months:

November 7-6
    December 9-5
    January 7-10
    February 6-7
    March 7-8
    April 4-6

Milwaukee depends on Michael Redd (25.4 ppg) for over a quarter of their offense. On any given night, Redd can go off for 40+ points. In the 3 games Redd scored 40+ this year, however, the Bucks are 1-2. The shooting guard is the only position that Milwaukee holds the advantage over the Pistons (Rip Hamilton).

The Bucks have some youth at most key positions and that should prove to be the difference in this series. Point guard T.J. Ford is playing in his first full season. Ford averages 12.2 ppg and 6.6 assists per game (14th in the NBA). Edge: Detroit (Chauncey Billups)

At the small forward, Bobby Simmons is really in his 2nd full season as a starter. His numbers and experience are somewhat similar to Tayshuan Prince, but I'll give a slight edge to Detroit with Tay's all-around game.

The Pistons also have an advantage inside with the Wallace's matching up against rookie Andrew Bogut (good rebounding and FG% numbers) and Jamaal Magloire (3rd season as a starter in the NBA, 9.5 rebounds per game).

The bench production differs a little bit, as far as scoring goes. The Bucks have 8 guys scoring 8+ ppg. The Pistons have 7 guys scoring 7+ ppg. Detroit most likely will use an 8-man rotation with McDyess, Delk, and Hunter coming off the bench.
    Defense: The Pistons rank 3rd in the NBA for points allowed (90.1). The Bucks rank 20th, giving up 99.8 ppg.

The Bucks have beaten just about every team in the NBA, including Detroit, Miami, New Jersey, San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix. With a 40-42 record, the Bucks have lost to just about every team in the NBA, as well.

Season series:
    Nov 26: Det 85, @Mil 76
    Jan 25: @Det 106, Mil 102 (OT)
    Mar 31: @Det 112, Mil 105
    Apr 17: @Mil 113, Det 93

Detroit won the season series 3-1, although the Bucks win came in a game when Detroit was resting its starters (Sheed and Rip didn't even dress). The 3 Piston wins were all close games.

For a #1 vs. #8 matchup, these games will be more competitive than most people predict. My guess is the Pistons win the series 4-1. The difference will be Detroit's experience.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~​
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Time for the third big X. Bucks start hard but still end up down by five at the end of the first. Then the wheels fall off. I see the biggest margin of any game so far. 108-88 Pistons.

Only scary scenario - Kukoc returns and gets hot, and Stotts finally looks down the bench and finds Gadzuric who rebounds everything Kukoc misses.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Nah...this will be a close one.

Expect Redd to have his best game of the series.

It will still end up in a loss though and completely take out whatever life is left in this team.

Pistons 93 Bucks 88
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

pistons dominate again.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

tHE FAB 5 HAS AN AMAZING STAT. They have an +/- of 476 went they are on the floor. Thats why they need to avg 40 MPG...I love em!
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I say Pistons will still sweep this series and Redd will not be a factor. If the Bucks happen to win one game it will be someone other than Redd that is the difference.

Looking ahead to the 2nd round, I heard on a local sports talk station here in DC that a Piston scout voiced that Detroit would rather face the Cav`s instead of the Wiz, not that Detroit would lose to the Wiz but they would produce matchup problems.

Now the perception is around here that the Wiz would upset Detroit in the 2nd round, and Detroit is scared to face the Wiz.

Forget my playoff bracket (I picked the Cav`s over the Wiz) I want the Wiz now.
  7. max

max All-Star

from jsonline. - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

A four-game sweep by the intimidating Detroit Pistons is inevitable, the pundits say. Why even play Games 3 and 4 on Saturday and Monday at the Bradley Center?
    "We don't want any part of that," Bucks guard Charlie Bell said Thursday after practice at the Cousins Center. "Nobody's really giving us a shot, and it's a slap in our face.
    "We know we have a really good team and deserve to be here in the playoffs. We've got to go out there and prove it, and make this team work a little bit. We need to show everybody this is not going to be as easy as they think it's going to be."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=419338
  8. max

max All-Star

Prediction: Pistons 98 Bucks 79
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's knuckle down time.
    Ps 93
    Redds 80
    the line is 6
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Doesn't matter to me, Dlev. If the Cavs win and you actually run across some idiot who says, "We would have beaten the Pistons...if only we had gotten past the Cavs!", then the only appropriate response is to laugh at his sorry a#$! :heh:
  11. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

i'm going to this game and if we lose any game this series, it'll be this one. But I think it should be a 7 pt win...I'll be about 15 rows behind the pistons bench--hopefully i get to listen in on some timeouts! :)
  12. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Looks like every team in the playoffs wins at least one game out of their series

except the Bucks :noidea: :lock1: !!!
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

LOL. I love that dancing lock emoticon.
  14. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Looking for a close game....till halfway in the 3rd. Pistons 103-92
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Will be interesting to see how focused the Pistons are coming out of the locker room. This will be the team's toughest test, I think. If the Bucks don't come out intense, they're done. The Pistons should be poised to take the Bucks' best punch.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

124-104 BUCKS!

A loss like that will take the starch out of your pants. I'm happy Stotts let them bomb away late, it's not wise to run up the score.

Will the angry Pistons arrive? Where was Ben? Did Tayshaun actually do anything? Has Sheed been contaminated by Ben's FT shooting? Chauncey sure doesn't look like a MVP candidate!

Gotta come hard next game. Red Wings and Pistons losses, coupled with Matt Millen's annual brainfart makes today ONE TO FORGET!
  18. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

In seeing this game two things really disturbed me, First was the fact that we established sheed in the post and went away from that after the 1st. The second is our lack of energy on D, after the 1st. I'm of tired of the pistons taking games off. I can definitely understand playing hard and losing that we all know is gonna happen in the playoffs no matter how good you are. But when you are as good as we are, we should be in every single game we play unless of course we give a lackluster effort. Next game we definitely have to establishe sheed, tay and even chauncey in the post who is undoubtedly has a size advantage over Ford. We need to get more points in the paint, and bring detroit pistons' energy on D. If we do these things I don't think a team in the league can beat us in a 7 game series Man but to lose to miluakeed like this has me upset, time to have a beer and relax. Hopefully the real detroit pistons will stand up in game 4,
  19. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The Pistons threw this game plain and simple. They have done this before. Like losing to the Knicks this year and losing to Atlanta last year so that whats his name, the coach, who was a Piston assisstant could keep his job for a little while longer.

The Pistons want to win the series at home in front of their family, friends and the rest of the loyal fans.
  20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I just listened to the Pistons get beat by 20 pts by the Bucks.
    This unnecessary development has me more than worried. How can they lose by 20 pts? If I had made a bet whether this was even possible, I would have lost it. How can the best defensive team in the league give up 20 points? Sigh. Here I am all thinking about the Spurs already, and then this happens. I could see losing by 10...but 20? Two things I don't agree with: 1. RIP staying in the game so long after it was lost and 2. Pistons boasting about their defensive intentions during the playoffs. Stupid. Don't they know how controlling and obsessed about image management the NBA is? :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.