Round 1 Game 4 - Detroit at Milw 8:30pm Mon May 1

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons at Bucks
    Series 2-1 DET
    Monday May 1st, 2006
    8:30pm

The Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    TV: tv20 / NBATV
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

BillLaimbeer's Look at this series:

The Milwaukee Bucks will be the Pistons 1st round opponent this year. At 40-42, the Bucks will be the only team in the 2006 NBA playoffs with a losing record.

The Bucks started out the season pretty strong (17-11), but have had losing records in each of the last four months:

November 7-6
    December 9-5
    January 7-10
    February 6-7
    March 7-8
    April 4-6

Milwaukee depends on Michael Redd (25.4 ppg) for over a quarter of their offense. On any given night, Redd can go off for 40+ points. In the 3 games Redd scored 40+ this year, however, the Bucks are 1-2. The shooting guard is the only position that Milwaukee holds the advantage over the Pistons (Rip Hamilton).

The Bucks have some youth at most key positions and that should prove to be the difference in this series. Point guard T.J. Ford is playing in his first full season. Ford averages 12.2 ppg and 6.6 assists per game (14th in the NBA). Edge: Detroit (Chauncey Billups)

At the small forward, Bobby Simmons is really in his 2nd full season as a starter. His numbers and experience are somewhat similar to Tayshuan Prince, but I'll give a slight edge to Detroit with Tay's all-around game.

The Pistons also have an advantage inside with the Wallace's matching up against rookie Andrew Bogut (good rebounding and FG% numbers) and Jamaal Magloire (3rd season as a starter in the NBA, 9.5 rebounds per game).

The bench production differs a little bit, as far as scoring goes. The Bucks have 8 guys scoring 8+ ppg. The Pistons have 7 guys scoring 7+ ppg. Detroit most likely will use an 8-man rotation with McDyess, Delk, and Hunter coming off the bench.
    Defense: The Pistons rank 3rd in the NBA for points allowed (90.1). The Bucks rank 20th, giving up 99.8 ppg.

The Bucks have beaten just about every team in the NBA, including Detroit, Miami, New Jersey, San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix. With a 40-42 record, the Bucks have lost to just about every team in the NBA, as well.

Season series:
    Nov 26: Det 85, @Mil 76
    Jan 25: @Det 106, Mil 102 (OT)
    Mar 31: @Det 112, Mil 105
    Apr 17: @Mil 113, Det 93

Detroit won the season series 3-1, although the Bucks win came in a game when Detroit was resting its starters (Sheed and Rip didn't even dress). The 3 Piston wins were all close games.

For a #1 vs. #8 matchup, these games will be more competitive than most people predict. My guess is the Pistons win the series 4-1. The difference will be Detroit's experience.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~​
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok we go that lopsided loss out of the way, time to focus and end this series. I would not let Redd beat me if I were Flip. Bell, Simmons, Kukoc, and TJ would have to beat me, not Redd.

The Pistons hardly ever double anyone, I think Redd has gotten our attention and at least deserves to have someone run at him from time to time to make him give the ball up.

Delk and Delfino should split Rip`s PT if he is unable to go. What if Delfino is the guy that could perhaps, slow Redd down? We will probably never know.

Extending this series past 5 games will make this playoff run more difficult than it has to be.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

right before the game I'm going to flip coin as to what pistons team will show up. This is what they do. They can either play the most potent brand of team basketball or they can look like a CBA squad.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think it hinges on whether Rip can really run and cut or not. He sure hasn't been the same player as he was in game 1. And if he can't, he hinges on whether Flip will make a move and try someone else out on Redd.

Time for a return to fundamentals. Pistons 82-74.
  5. roscoe36

I want to see an absolute beat down. I'm passing up the Red Wings in an elimination game to see this, it better be entertaining for Pistons fans and absolutely embarassing for the Bucks.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well... many people were complaining of boredom :bored:two games into the series and now people are upset:mad2: that the Pistons were blown out. Ironically, the series is still relatively boring. The Bucks could make things interesting with a vicory tonight. Do we really want that? Hell, NO!

The first round sucks for great teams. They are expected to blow out an inferior opponent. Problem is...that makes for a dull series. :yawn:If the series is close (see San Antonio vs. Sacramento) the fans don't label it interesting. Instead, they stress that the series will take too much out of their team or that they will not advance to the next round.

I see the Pistons playing hard tonight and winning a see-saw battle by 5 points. The Bucks will give it an all out effort but fall short. Game 5 is a blowout for Detroit.

I just want the first round to end as quickly as possible. Bring on the second round opponent. (If it's the Wiz, we will have our hands full and I think it will be a very exciting matchup).
  7. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

I'm going to go to this game tonight just because we lost in game 3. So we better win--or else :)
  8. roscoe36

Give'em hell Dave! We'll expect a recap from the arena tomorrow! If you take any pics, you can email them to me to put up, or I'll show you how to use www.imageshack.us
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

let's not do what san antonio just did and have this bucks team get confidence. give it to sheed because the bucks have no answer for him.
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well i was out of town at CMU over the weekend watching the game, so i took the night off too, just like the pistons.

however, i'll be back tonight, AND in chat, so we should be okay!! lol
  11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i think the pistons will have to grind this one out on the road but ultimately a win will break their backs. 102-94
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

just like lasy year in the first round we lost in game 3 because of a scoring barrage by the sixers, and then in Game 4 we needed clutch hoops to win. I think it will be the same 102-99 pistons.
  13. roscoe36

[​IMG]

Don't get it? Read HERE.​
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Heard but not Seen? Too Too Cruel

:frusty: i can not believe that I have to listen to such an important game for my beloved Pistons on NBA audio. I mean, how can I see for myself how RIP's ankle is? Someone posted that that ankle is taped 24/7. Yikes.

From where I sit, we have to win this game to provide the only opportunity for a significant rest for RIP's ankle. I'm biased, because he is and has been my favorite Piston, but I agree with some others that the health of RIP's ankle is critical for Round 2 and even more critically
    for the finals in the East. If he can't defend and he can't get those
    baskets coming off the screens ....sigh...I dunno..I think the outlook for the Championship is less than rosy even though I know we have many great players. I'm not saying RIP is the most important factor, but he is very important to the jigsaw puzzle of our team play supremacy.

I'll be listening to radio play-by-play while I pace around my living room trying to imagine it. While I'm not too worried about getting the win, I sure hope we see a return to some of what we need down the line: Dee-troit Baskeball Defense, RIP's speed defending and coming off the screens, and some discipline about throwing up those 3s. I'd like them to exhibit what they'll have to do in the Finals to redeem themselves from the last game somehow. I'd start sleeping alot better.

I'll check out this game time chat thing too. Maybe someone who is actually watching the game can be my eyes.

DEE-TROIT BASKETBALL! GO PISTONS!
    Kimberly in Seattle
  15. roscoe36

Kimberly, you betcha we will be your eyes. We'll be your ears too! You'll know every time a bead of sweat drips off of Chauncey's big bald head, everytime Sheed barks at a ref, and each time Tay shrugs at the bench.
    ok, maybe not everything, but damn close!

GAME CHAT IS OPEN!
    (although the room won't fill until gametime as usual - 8:30)

GO PISTONS!
  16. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I'm lookin for Mo Evans to knock Redd on his azz tonight. :wacko: Put some bumps and bruises on im. He don't look like he's been in a war.

Nothing flagrant of course! :eyebrows:
  17. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Nice win tonight, but was something up with Ben again? He didn't play at all in the 4th quarter, I believe.
  18. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Something going on between Flip and Ben? How many minutes did he play in the 4th?
  19. roscoe36

Dice claims that Ben wanted Dice to stay in because he was playing well.... per the post game interview.
  20. roscoe36

What a game. The Chat was loaded with 27 (28?) at one point, and everyone was charged up.

Good 4th quarter win for the Pistons.

Rip is a warrior. Played like a champion on bad wheels.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.