Round 1 Game 4 - Detroit at Milw 8:30pm Mon May 1

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Why does this team do this to us. I am so hyped right now I cant go to sleep, and the Clip`s Nugget`s game is boring compared to the Piston`s victory.

We needed a win like this and despite some comments in chat, I think it was a good move to go with Dyess down the stretch instead of Ben.

End this thing on Wednesday......pleeeeeeez:mad:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good win tonight to offset bad performance by Dead Wings. Hope Ben shows up Wednesday and doesn't get an attitude because Flip sat him in the 4th. He just didn't have it tonight.

Line scores for Ben and Dice
    Ben 27 mins 1 pt, 4 brds, 1 BS
    Dice 28 mins 11pts, 1brds, 2 BS

Rip looked bad out there again and had the identical 4-14 shooting he had in the game 3. 9-10 FT shootin made up for it a little bit.

CB took over the game in the second half and would not let the Pistons lose. When it aint working you go to the FT line and he did for the tune of 16-16 shooting.

Tay got us going in the first qtr, but then disappeared until the the 4th. Sheed only had 2 pts at the half, but shook off the tech attitude and responded for 10 in the second half. Good second qtr contribution from Hunter too.

We still should be concerned about our defense as we have given up 98 points or more in 3 straight games and allowed them to shoot better than 55% in these two road games. They killed us in the Paint 50-26 and we almost ala the Wings, blew a 15 point lead.

Wednesday is a close out game and we are pretty good in those so I say administer the Palace defense early and often and send the fans home with something to cheer about. Cannot assume that this is an automatic W and hopefully CB, Sheed and Rip don't either.

We probably have until Tuesday before we have to play again, so hopefully Rips gets enough rest and and his shot returns!! Lets Go boyz!:fingerscr
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Did u hear that skank reporter tell redd to just "bring it back home"....?What a loser! he didnt even have a question. It was the Kmart shoppers guide news that i think he was from!:eyebrows:
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pistons' D was catastrophic in the 3rd quarter tonight, but that's a lot better than the 4 quarters of awful D in Game 3. Chauncey stepped up REALLY big by taking it to Ford every time down after TJ was killing them for a while in the 3rd. Gut check win, time to end it now on Wednesday.
  5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Tayshaun Prince was the only Piston who played well tonight. Chauncey made his free throws after letting Ford abuse him, Rip was horrible again, Sheed did some nice things that didn't show up on the stat sheet, and Ben and Flip seem to have major issues. Our franchise player has disappeared. Dice was on-and-off, Lindsey scored but looked bad doing it, and Delk did some nice things in limited minutes but was, like Lindsey and everyone else, lit up.

I don't like the direction this team is headed in.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BBen is gunna be pissed until we play D to start the game. With Dyess playing well we don't need him...yet.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Refering to the championship?
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:eyebrows: We're doooooooooooooomed.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The issue to me is Rip. If Rip were right, we take the Bucks with room to spare. We barely got this one. They were getting into us with their speed of Redd and Ford. Chaucncey and Sheed played a bit frenetic because they had to do more. Tay and Dyss were the steadying forces. Likewise, I too wonder what is up with the defense. We didn't board well or block shots, etc.

Our bench hit shots--thats good. And we should take it in 5. But we need Rip to get it back for the long haul.
  10. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

We won the game, well done Pistons. Now onto game 5 to close the series out. Just wondering, was Rip not wearing his mask today or did i see wrong...
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How about Lindsay, Delk, and Evans? Those guys all did exactly what we could have asked for tonight.

I'm not worried about our defense. The combination of difficult shots that the Bucks hit and the ticky tac fouls pump up the score. Other teams won't hit shots like Redd hits as efficiently. This guy is dangerous.

And look at the game Bogut had. Our bigs did something right.
  12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Delk hit some shots. Lindsey hit some shots. Neither of them stopped anybody, and both of them looked god-awful trying to play point guard. Lindsey's found his jumpshot, but he's had only a few good defensive games all year long. Evans and Davis played less than 3 minutes, which pretty much = DNP from my point of view.

And do look at the game Bogut had - 3-5 from the field, 6 FTA, 6 rebounds, and a team-high 6 assists to one turnover. If he'd made more than one free throw I'd say he had a pretty solid all-around game.
  13. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Thanks you! Finally someone notices that Rip is playing like a warrior. Yea, he's kinda banged up right now, he's not really moving well, and he's shots aren't falling, but he's out there giving his all.

Poor Tay played about 46 minutes. He probably was tired.

Rip's Game 4 Post Game remarks:
    On taking his face mask off late in the game:
    “I ditched everything: wrist band, rubber band, my mask. I’m just trying to get something going. Once I took my mask off at least I hit a shot.”

So yea, he took the mask off late in the 4th quarter.
  14. max

max All-Star

Thats how we won a lot of reg season games - at the end. Down by 1 late 4th and the team pulls a 10pt win. Executing down the stretch.

Reading some comments here I am not sure what some want. You want perfection - you are not going to get perfection with this team so deal with it.
  15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

RIP's ankle seems to bother him more than anyone would say. But what about Ben? His rebounding has been pretty weak this series and we need him to crach the boards. Dyess shows will again.
    I'm a little bit scared about the next round- RIP and BBen definetly have to improve.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ben isn't pissed he just let dice play since he was doing better than him.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Billups played well when it counted the most. Prince didn't except for that hook shot. :ohwell:
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Who's coaching this team? Ben or Flip?
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Flip Wallace. WallaceX3
  20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's funny, I assumed that Ben sat at the end to avoid the hack-a-ben strategy and because Flip actually wanted five offensive players out there (especially important when Rip is not at his best). Normally, of course, Ben's defensive impact offsets the value of having Dyess in as a threat on offense. But Ben didn't seem into the game to me at all. He got his two early fouls, and you could see that got into his head. 4 rebounds, 1 block, 0 steals, 1 point. And, most telling of all, he was in full-on whiner mode.

But the game was what it was: we won. We're up 3 to 1. And we did what we needed to win that particular game. There's no reason to assume that they won't continue to do what they need to do to win the games yet to come.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.