Round 1 Game 5 - Milw at Det 6:00pm Wed May 3

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We kicked some booty in the 3rd and and it was over. The team that was out on the floor during the 3rd quarter could beat an allstar team (and has done it I believe). bring on the Cavs, Wiz, Net, Heat, Spurs, Mavs or the even the Olympic champions and we will put them all to rest.

Any doubt that Rip is hurting was premature. He put the hurt on the Bucs tonight. Now he can rest until next week.:fingerscr
  2. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

I task that if the match of the cavs it goes to contest 7 Detroit has a greatest advantage in how much can prepare the match with tranquillity, it will be able to make a training optimal and to have all the players in good condition for the beginning of the 2 round. I hope wins Cleveland why whit the wizards we have gotten lost 3 time in regular season 2 to the palace even if 1 counted little

sorry for mi english

[roscoe: task = think, nene's getting pretty good at English!]
  3. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Shows you how much reading the papers gets ya.They wanted the rest and practice as much as the Bucks wanted to go golfing.Next round please.:boxing:
  4. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

The playoffs are a different beast I guess the Cavs would be the better match-up.But I don't think the Wiz beat us in a playoff series.Your english is fine. I've used english all my life and still don't know what I'm saying or writing half the time.
  5. max

max All-Star

Great game. Even the bench scrubbs were able to take back some of the lead they lost and almost ring it back up to 30 points.

40 points from Rip in just over 3 quarters of play. Sheed had a great game. Have not looked at the box yet but Ben seemed to be boarding well and played some great D.

When Tay hit that mid-range 3 I knew it was going to be one of those games. For a while there I thought we would beat them by 40. If not for Redd we would have. That guy was pesky on the boards.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree Max.

But I'll bet somebody around here is going to find something to complain about. :rain:
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Deeeeeetroit Basketbaaaaaaaaaaaaall!

Man oh man, we smoked these cats. We smacked'em around, we pushed'em around and then we tore their hearts out.

Excellent game. Rip is simply, AMAZING. In the postgame on DFN, he said that Arnie taped him differently than the last couple games. He taped Rip like he wasn't injured because he wanted him to play loose and not thinking about the injury.

KANDER FOR MVP!

Anyway, Ben was pretty good in the post-game too. He's actually starting to sound like the coach talking about how the team played and what they need to do to be successfull. He might be the most valuable 2 point per game player ever! :D

I needed a break from this madness as much as the Pistons. I will truly enjoy spending the rest of this week focusing on taking care of real life business!
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

nene

I like that the Pistons can now prepare with tranquility. Very nice.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Ok. I am feeling better now that Rip is going again. We can be scary good at times. I mean that is an all-star team playing out there for us. Amazing.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Bucks: Gone Fishin'

The TNT guys' Photoshop job for the Bucks goin' fishin was classic, with a Happy Days theme mixed in. Bogut, Redd, and Brett Favre were in the middle, with Potsie, Chachi, and Ralph Malph in there as well. And none of Kenny, EJ, or Charles even noticed that The Fonz was jumping the shark in the background!
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Of course, there is one negative coming out of this game: no more need for Roscoe's Buck Hunter avatar!
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: Bucks: Gone Fishin'

[​IMG]
  13. MisterZ

MisterZ First Round Draft Pick

I was at that game at the Palace tonite. Pretty much the worst seats $25 bucks can buy in the joint, but I still had a kickass time; the atmosphere was amazing. I took my nephews and sister out there and I'm sure they'll never forget the can of whoop-ass we put on the Bucks.

GO PISTONS!@#
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yes, there is! How could we let Gadzuric, a defensive- minded player go up for 13 points in 9 minutes??? Is the team going to play like that against the real bigs too?

[don't take this critic too seriously :) )
  15. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

My one complaint was when Hunter took over in the second and the bucks cut the 22 pt lead to 9. Someone correct me, but the guy has lost some. Also, he is fould prone gaainst quick perimeter guys--the guys he is there to guard. I think a lot of this has to do with the way they call the game now, but it is still the reality. Plus he dribbles so much, at least when Arroyo dribbled to much he had the handles to create something. But if this is the only negative I can deal.
  16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I guess my worries about the demise of Rip's ankle were premature. When that first jumper went down I let out a big breath I must have been holding for days.

Great game. Onward and upward.

I'm still glad he gets some days to rest though.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Although the bambi threat was minimal, the skinning was necessary. The ability of the fawn to procreate in the open court/field made it critical to remove her ovaries before more could herd.
    Did everyone bag their limit? Next, move'em out.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder if Stouts will take some heat for not playing Gadzuric at least a few minutes each game. He seemed to work well with Kukoc during the regular season. Obviously he wouldn't have played like he did last night (message time back to the coach?) against the Pistons' starters, but he would have grabbed a couple of offensive boards and probably got a put back or two.
  19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

our starters shot what, 10/12 from 3-land? simply amazing. sheed was 8/11 too, and mcdyess put in another 5/8. i really liked how the bench came back in the 4th after giving up all of those transition buckets, and rebuilt the lead to 30 points. i'm looking forward to a healthy rip for the next round.

listening to the radio last night, i love all of the callers saying they're worried about the pistons defense, blah blah. we play it when we have to, but when you can score 107 points a game like we did this round, then simply average defense will suffice (and yes we can turn it on when it matters). that's still pretty amazing how much we've been able to exploit a weak defense, even in the playoffs. 10 more points per game this series than the regular season.

now i'm looking forward to selling game 2 of the next round and getting some $ back ;D
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The only difference in our defense was that the Bucks shot 45% instead of 60%. For a game and a half, they were on fire.

Now we know how other teams feel when Rip is 15-23.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.