Round 2 Game 1 - Clev at Det Sun May 7 2006

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 0-0
    Sunday May 7th, 2006
    Time TBD

The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
    TV: ????
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Congratulations LeBron. You and your boys win the boobie prize. Here it is:

Deeetroiiiiiiit Basketbaaaaalllllll

King James of Cadaverland, let us introduce you to our Prince and his 4 valiant knights of the rectangular table. They are difficult to tell apart. Any one of them will prevent you from conquering the kingdom of Naismith. The Pistons are like mosquitoes. Slap down one and two more of his friends will inevitably strike you from the other side.

Your time may come...but not this year.

Go Pistons! The only thing they need to do is not let the games come down to the last couple of minutes (we don't need to lose a couple of games over phantom fouls on LeBron or traveling moves that aren't whistled).

Pistons in 6. :peace: Let the games begin!
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is the greatest thing you have ever written. Good stuff.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed and Ilgauskus should be an entertaining show!!
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Damon Jones and LeBron James celebrate the big win and turn their attentions to the next round...

[​IMG]
  6. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

LOL!!!:laugh:
  7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Ben is the X factor. If he decides to show up, the Cavs won't have a chance.
  8. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Well lets just hope EVERYBODY decides to show up.
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Yep, Ben is the guy. If he plays like he did against Milwaukee we could very well see a 2nd round exit. Ben is absolutely crucial in our attempt to defend LeTravel.
  10. max

max All-Star

We should take bets on the worst non-called travel. How many steps can he take?

Ben is always key. He needs to show up in this series.
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

It is very obvious that the Cav`s are very happy to BE in the playoffs and advance to the second round. You would have thought they won in it all based on the celebration after the win over the lackluster Wizards.

The experts say you can learn much in the playoffs, even in a losing situation. If that`s the case; Lebron and friends, classes will begin Sunday at 3:30 pm.

I picked the Cav`s, in 6 games by the way to advance but I really wanted the Wiz. I expect the Pistons to jump out to an earlylead in game one and bury the Cav`s. A double digit win is in order, for games one and two.

We all know Lebron is going to get some calls, WE MUST NOT COMPLAIN TO THE REFS! Just play and end this thing in 5.

After gaining a 2-0 lead, look for the game 3 let down before responding with wins in games 4 and 5. Oops, getting a little ahead of myself.....
  12. Dlev59

Attention, Attention there has been a change: classes start at 1:00 pm Sunday not 3:30 pm.

At 3:30 pm there is a changing of the guard ceremony taking place between San Antonio and Dallas!!!!!!!!:)
  13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Cavs haven't won a playoff series since '93, Dlev. I think that's the reason for the celebration and because of the way they won it. They acted like they haven't been there before, because they haven't. :nod:
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is it 1pm or 330pm now?

Anyway, who came up with the schedule? Why in the world teams that played and finish their series start their next series on Sunday? The Heat and Nets finished their 1st round series on Thursday, however they don't start their 2nd round series til Mon. Really does not make sense.

I want the Pistons to win the Championship without other teams complaining that they did not have enough rest.

Pistons in 6.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
  15. Dlev59

On nba.com it says 1:00 pm
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the game is at 3:30. dallas/spurs are at 1:00
  17. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i know that some people would have wanted to play the Wiz to demonstrate that their 3 regular season victories over us were flukes. and i partly wanted that too.

but the matchup we got is much bigger than any post-season payback for regular season uppity-ness. this is the best team against the best player (and NBA and media darling). the nba and the media are like a teenage boy his first time they are so eager to crown lebron the next mj and set him off on his string of championships. so i for one am glad that the pistons are here to remind the boy (and his slobbering suitors) that it's not time yet, that he's gotta go cry in the lockerroom a few more years before hoisting the hardware. this year, second round, nice job young fella. keep working hard over the summer. next year, who knows, maybe we'll let you play heroically into the conference finals before we send you home.

as for the actual hoops, i think one of the keys, in addition to things others have already said, is 1) no second opportunity maniac hustle points from the undertalented overenergetic gooden and varejao (they must be non factors on the offensive boards) and 2) keep a lock on their more perimeter oriented scorers. If they take care of those two things, the pistons should win easily. Of course, they'll have their let downs and they might let a game or even two slip away.

all that said, i now return to my playoff stillness: it's a good game when we score more than they do and only that game matters.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

HERRRRRRE we go!
    One OldSkool Fool's keys to the series:

1. BEN WILL show up. He will get 12/13 RPG AND average 11 PPG. He will totally nuetralize Gooden and the Cavs have no big man off the bench who can handle...
    2. THE DICENATOR. Dice must show in the post area. I like his j's but I prefer his drives and putbacks. 12PPg and 8RPg for the Dice Man will make it an even balltle for.....
    3. SHE-EED vs Z-Ill. All sheed has to do is stay even with him meaning 15.5 PPg will be enough and we need his out game more than his post game to pull Z-Ill away from the basket. That will allow for the best mismatch of all.........
    4. THE PISTON GUARDS X 4. The cavs have no defense in their backcourt that can keep any of them from doing what they to. I see at least two 30 pt-games for Chauncey while Rip will avg 6 APG , mostly to Ben on the pick and slam! I see at least one 15 point game for T-D and Lindsay will frustrate Snow and Murray as usual. The guards dominating will allow the defensive scheme to work, meaning.....
    5. TAY CAN FOCUS JUST ON D. James will avg 28 PPG just on the common sense that he will take 25 shots per game and be given 8 FT's per game. If we can make James average more shots than points(i.e. 30 pts on 32 shots), We can take the rest of the Cavs out the game mentally. When King does well, the others tag along like little girls. All tay has to do is make him work. Tay will average 7 PPG and still have a great series.

PISTONS IN 5......BTW, I will continue to punk Damon Jones like the liitle sissy he is until I bury him . Eva Longoria got more game than him. He will shoot 2-18 in the series. The little wuss...
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Damon did get the cavs to the next round with his winning jumper though.
  20. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

I want to watch the hype machine build up LeBron into a teenage basketball God.

And then have to come up with explanations as to why his team is getting shredded.

All the hype is on the kid who will lead his team to championship competition, someday. Will this get under the Pistons skin to the point where they get pissed enough to sweep this team? I hope so. If not, Pistons in five.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.