Round 2 Game 1 - Clev at Det Sun May 7 2006

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

These are the infant stages of a rivalry we will participate in for at least one more year (presuming that LBJ re-signs). Enjoy it.
  2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I just hope that the Pistons don't get all frustrated with the calls that Lebron is going to get. Sheed needs to keep his head. Ben too. He let the refs get into his head against Milwaukee and it totally took him out of the series.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

This series will be over in 5.

I expect alot of close games though.

Although there are a number of subplots that can be drawn for this game, the most important one will be how poised the Pistons remain in this series. If our team keeps its composure, this series will be over quickly. Cut the chatter, stick to what matters...and its a wrap!
  4. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

No problem for pistons now 4 0 or 41

DETROIT BASKETBALLLLLLL
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the spunk LBJ showed walking up to Arenas on the free throw line and saying "if you miss this it's over". I remember Barkley telling some kid at the stripe with the game on the line - "I bet you couldn't jam a needle up your a** with a hammer".

I really didn't like LBJ's demeanor during the timeouts late in the fourth and in overtime. He just sat there staring ahead chewing on his finger. If he's going to lead he needs to be up talking to his teammates, encouraging them, getting them up, not sitting sucking on his thumb.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

right on. i was actually happy he made that basket because he's going to get playing time now and go into 'chuck 3s' mode, and miss horribly, leading to easy transition baskets for the pistons.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

..............so?????????????????
  8. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Someone needs to put a call in to Ben's wife so she beatch slaps his head back into the game.He'll clear it up and we will roll in 5,should be no more than that.A team of stars against a star=ECF for us.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ps 101
    KingJs 86
    The spread is 9.
    Ummm, let's not piss this cat off. He'll get 40 and all the Tay nay sayers will come out.
    I wonder if Flip makes BBen feel wanted? Issues anybody?
  10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

coming from the land of fiba basketball, every play is a travel to me!! :P
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hellooooo ooooooh

Chat has been open since the Spurs game! Come on down!!!!!

woooo hooooo!
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This one was over when the Pistons took Cavs first punch and the Pistons went down 12-7 before the Flip TO. The Pistons responded with a 19-4 run, and never looked back. A 10 pt lead at the end of the first was extended to a 21 pt lead by halftime. Dice and Hunter scored 12 pts apiece in the second to help the Pistons run a 43 point quarter:eyebrows: Hunter was unstoppable from the beyond the three. Neither he or Dice scored in the second half......

La Bron did not score in the second half either (he did not play in the 4th). Tay shut him down and scored his own 24 to offset the Kings 22pts.

Excuses will be that we had 3 days off and they had 1, but even at their best, it still would be a big win of at least 15+.

Rip tweaked his ankle again, but stayed out there to hit 50% from the floor and score 20 points. CB only took 5 shots , but dished out 10 assists, mostly in the 3rd qtr when the lead ballooned to 37 points.

ben had 11 points and four blocks, but was still awfensively awful. Missed two Fts by 2 feet and bricked 2 other jumpers.

Three point barrage in the first half was enough to kill any opposing team. Pistons made 15 3 balls and 14 FT's....

11 more W's to the Ship, but take one at a time....
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Great win, and it is a plus that tay outscored LeBron.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I missed the first three quarters...so the score in the 2nd quarter was 43-32 Pistons? Dayum! That's a lotta points.

Obviously Cleveland was drained from the super-close Wiz series, but I'm not sure they're going to be able to recover all that much even by Tuesday. I'm smelling another big win, if not necessarily as much of a whipping as today.
  15. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Now, that was awesome. People keep talking about the "King". I've been telling them, that we (Pistons) got a "Prince" and he's going reign in this series.:nod:
    Now, I know LeBron is going to bounce back for Game 2, but he isn't going to have it easy, like he did in the Washington series.
  16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The team is operating on all cylinders for the first time all year. That is what they are capable of. Tay is our 5th all star. Ben played up for the ABC audience. The bench is there--they showed glimpes of this vs. the Bucks. And Hunter can hit shots--he finally gets it at age 35. Evans continues to give good minutes. Cato can hit a shot and we may use him against Shaq.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Hard to find anything negative to say about this one although I thought Dice's help defense in the first half sucked, but he was so good on offense, that it didn't matter. Seems to be Flip's philosophy. Let's outscore them so we don't have to defend as hard. Just as long as the defense is there when they need it. The Prince block on James was awesome. My favorite moment. The Hunta's three-ball barrage was a sight to behold. Just like at Jackson State.
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

This Cavaliers logo sucks.

[​IMG]
  19. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Oh ya nice buttwhooping we should thank the powers that be for putting us on ABC.The guys will use this for motivation the rest of the series.The lack of rest will be an excuse and the barrage of 3's but this was domination from the timout after the run in the 1st until garbage time.
  20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Any game that Sheed doesn't get a tech in with Joey Crawford working it is a good game in my book!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.