Round 2 Game 1 - Clev at Det Sun May 7 2006

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yep, Tay will do whatever to slow Lebron down, and as of game 1 he gaurded him tough and wore him down with his offense. Lets see if he can keep it up as the series progresses.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lindsey Hunter's postgame interview with Channel 7 (MP3 audio)

Cavs coach Mike Brown's postgame podium interview (MP3 audio)

Best soundbyte of the night?

Hubie Brown sounding like a lush, "Are you sure this is, isn't a rookie guy from Jackson State where he used to score zillion of points?"

Attached Files:

3. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 First Round Draft Pick

A nice win, but it's only one game.

Let's get the game Tuesday night.

:-)
  4. roscoe36

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

wELL LETS see how I did....
    1. Ben got 11 rebs and did totally shut down Gooden sans a couple of weak Off rebs. Do the cavs actually 'have' a backup center.....
    Dice showed everywhere. An overwhelming performsnce and a great slam off a pass from sheed...
    Sheed 22 min, 10 pts , 7 rebs...Z. 24 min, 14 pts, 5 rwbs...bout as even as u can get
    Pistons 51-Cavs 20...not even close-wont even be close...
    Tay vs Bron...although I thought Tay would sacrifice his scoring, I had a feeling he 'd take the challenge offensively. His best game ever in my mind.
    And as far as that little woman in the Cav uniform did tonight, 0 for 3 and just as weak as ever, damon( She) is so cute!:P
    ...all the cowbell gods were aligned today!!!!
  6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I agree. I think this is a better version for this series.

[​IMG]
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

:laugh:
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

LOL, lurker. First-class smack-talking, that's what we like to see. :)
  9. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanx, Micro, you're knowing every bit I need at this other side of the earth. You're my man.
  10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Pardon me please, the connections I meant.
  11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey Micro, how did you convince Labron to get a PF.com tatoo on his shoulder? You didn't agree to host his own forum or something did you? He's the enemy!
    :laugh:
  12. roscoe36

He's been branded. ;)
  13. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Largest match this evening , the Pistons they have not granted null to the cavs...seemed a training...exibition , all much good from the starting five to the park bench, ahead thus our

DETROIT BASKETBALLLLL:)
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

was @ the game, it was amazing. when lindsey was going for his first 3-pointer, i said to the guy next to me 'uh oh i don't like this, lindsey's dribbling down the shot clock and is gonna jack up the three', then he made it. then 3 more. great environment today, only a very small lapse in crowd noise at the start of the 3rd, but the palace quickly got rocking again.
  15. max

max All-Star

It was an amazing shooting display. Hard to get too excited as the team will not be that hot everygame.

Hard to say what the margin would have been if the team was shooting as they normally do. LBJ was almost held scorless in the 2nd half so thats something to say about the D.

Also this has to be a morale dagger to the inexperienced Cavs team. Perhaps they will not be able to recover.
  16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That game was a riot. Wow. Tay's block on LBJ (does anyone else have a hard time because those initials make them think of Lyndon Johnson?) and Ben's on Gooden; some of Chauncey's needle-threading zip passes; Lindsey dropping into the triple zone; and just overall the unbelievable shooting. (And I agree Max, they won't be that hot every game, especially not from behind the arc, but we've got to trust that had they not been that hot, they would have done other things -- eliminating second chance opportunities for example -- that much better in order to compensate).

The only thing that broke my heart yesterday -- as someone with a soft spot for Delfino -- was one play where he drove the lane and shoveled off to Dale Davis, who wasn't even looking for the pass so that it sailed out of bounds. On the way back up, Delfino just looked at DD and held his hands out, palms up, as if to say, "huh?" (this was after Delfino had already thrown two passes away for which he alone was to blame). That made me think about some of Delfino's beautiful play with the starters earlier in the season (just about up until his horrendous performance when he started for Rip against the Magic, I think it was) and how far, though his effort is still there, he's slipped. I like the guy and I like his game okay and I hope he gets to go somewhere else because this team is just too good and he'll never get the minutes necessary to really develop his potential (whatever it might be). At least he got to drain a triple.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah on a sidenote, we had more turnovers than the cavs (10 to 9). of course, 3 were from delfino and 2 were from davis, so...yeah.

it was hilarious when varejao ran down the court for his two dunks in garbage time. the first time he tried to slam the ball so hard and almost tripped and fell over after he was done. i yelled out "don't hurt yourself!", and then the next time he tried to do a head fake while dribbiling and it was just not a pretty site.

how bout cato with the shooting touch? heh
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm having problems getting my mind around this game. I'm really wasn't expecting a full blown blow out. Even the cat got up and wandered off around the middle of the third quarter.

The Pistons took a load of threes, but other than Hunter's heat-check-I'm-putting-it-up-as-soon-as-I-cross-midcourt heaves, they seemed to flow right out of the offense. Good chance they won't hit that many again, but also pretty good chance they wouldn't have taken that many if they weren't going down.

Five turnovers when it counted is pretty impressive, along with all the blocks, etc.

Sometimes this team is just scary.
  19. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

Professor: Yes to LBJ making me thing of Johnson.

How much funnier was it to watch the "we are all witnesses" commericial during the 3rd quarter (I think) of this game?

Wow, I guess you can win in the playoffs with a lot of jumpshooting. Just so we have something to worry about let's hope the Pistons don't start to over-rely on it.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Lebron's new great society initiative will be coming out soon. I just hope he can keep us out of another east Asian land war.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.