Round 2 Game 2 - 7pm May 9 Clev at Det

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I thought Lebron got a few ticky tack fouls called his way once the score got close, but I'll give him credit for turning it up with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and bringing his team back to life.

Anyhow, what about the Hack-a-Ben?

"Cavs coach Mike Brown was so desperate late in the first half that he resorted to a hack-a-Ben strategy, having his players intentionally foul Ben Wallace late in the first half. The tactic backfired,:attention perhaps because Brown might've sent his players a message that they couldn't slow the Pistons down any other way".

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AvUr8Hws1jeVhgT20kfKMMg5nYcB?gid=2006050908
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yep, it's bad to be a fan with some confidence. Chalk up homerism to folks who don't know what they are watching, but please exclude me from that group.

It's been 2 years of big head ball. These guys give up leads. Heck, they made it an art form during the season. It's what they do.

On the other hand, most folks would have seen this series going 6 games at the start. That implies a Pistons letdown or some stellar performances from the Cavs.

The way I/roscoe/we saw it was a cold shooting night (as probable as the Game 1 lights out performance) and a series of "even up" calls by the refs that stalled out the game and gave the Cavs a chance. Not to mention that the bench players were completely ineffective and forced Flip to overplay the starters.

Pistons won, held serve, played good D in the last 2 minutes and closed out. The Cavs have to win 4 out of 5 to get this series. Does anyone think that is possible?

Gazoo. My brother. Please enjoy this season. It's really going well. There is no shame in winning by only 6.

Good news; Hallway Coach said that next game the Pistons are rolling out new looks on O and D. Flip was already scheming improvements for the next game while this one was on. Some folks probably won't give him credit for that, but I will.
  3. max

max All-Star

One adjutment hopefully will be to man the boards a little better. Other than that it was a nice game. Pistons were really taking it inside drawing a lot of fouls. I thought for a while there Prince would out-score Lebran again.

Cavs are definetly showing their inexperience. I called this one in 5 but it could be a sweep. Comparing the Bucks to the Cavs I believe the Bucks would have beaten them.

Something has to be done about Verajio on the offensive glass. Pistons sometimes have trouble against these 7' hacks with nothing better to do than camp out under the baskett looking for the board. Have to box him out. Bears a striking resemblence to the problems we used to have with Foster in the Indy series.

So the Cavs came back. Did it help their confidence going into game 3? The long wait should help the Pistons.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, I don't know if it was a rout or a close game. :confused:

At any rate, I think the extra days off will be a good thing for the Pistons. They'll win at least one in Cleveland and should end this in no more than 5.

10 more to go folks. :first: Enjoy and appreciate it everyone! What a year.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Disappointing that the bad 4th quarter allowed the Cavs to avoid the beat down that I had expected, and that they were experiencing for most of the first 3 quarters, but I'm not exactly concerned about it. The Cavs were totally lost on offense until late in the game, so we'll see if they can put it together once they get back home.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

pistons got bored, we won, sheed is fantastic and tay started off great. they got some nice whistles late to keep it closer but we got our share of decent calls. they had a few key calls though that really kept them in the game which was upsetting.

bleh either way we'll either take both in cleveland or take 1 and come back home for game 5 and end the series while NJ and Miami are beating each other up.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I exclude you from the group. Hate the "sweep" talk though. Gotta respect your opponent. If you do, you won't let your guard down. The Pistons are only head and shoulders above their opponents when they "feel like" playing. I put that on the players this time, not the coach. I liken Flip to Sparky Anderson. They both got outta the way and let the guys play. That might be Flip's best asset.

One other thing: I hate all this hugging crap before the tipoff. Puullleeeze. I'm all for good sportsmanship, but you gotta loathe your opponent just a little.
  8. roscoe36

I agree with all of this.
  9. roscoe36

Postgame interviews.

Fragments of Sheed's interview
    Chauncey Billups
    LeBron James
    Coach Flip Saunders
    Coach Mike Brown

It's a big MP3. I didn't feel like splitting it up.

Attached Files:

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

What can I say Micro? I just recently graduated from The Low's School of Playing the Devil's Advocate. Not a Catholic school, either. :laugh: I know that this team is "special" and when things don't go right, I get pissed. I guess you're right. I need to enjoy it a little more. If I wasn't such a nervous wreck, I probably would. 'Cause if they don't win it this season, I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief. I wasn't even that mad last season when the Spurs got 'em. Despite being the defending champs, I didn't see them winning it all. This season is different. So when I see them slacking off, I get the red azz real quick.

Thanks for the postgame stuff. Much appreciated for us out-of-towners.
  11. roscoe36

You are welcome amigo.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

MoPi, good call on the score.
    Didn't see the game. But if they are huggin', I'm calling the religous right to bring attention to this Gay BS! I'm sure there are some TV Evangellist
    that would just love to call these black men latent gays. Back to the hard fouls please. Who was huggin' ? I want names.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    We have the long rest before travel should be plus this team needs.
    I say we take game 3. But not in OT. Let the bench run some and get in the flow. We need more Toaster Oven.
  13. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

careful micro that "amigo" thing sounds suspiciously like spanish, and you know how i feel about spaniards!!
  14. roscoe36

LMAO. No problemo hombre.

(inside chat joke, the prof has spanish ancestry)
  15. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Thanks TheeFD. I was due I guess.
  16. max

max All-Star

http://www.news-herald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16619290&BRD=1698&PAG=461&dept_id=21848&rfi=6
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was a pretty spot on prediction. Whatcha callin' for G3?

I'm hoping the kids take a lesson from the first round game 3 and take it right to the Cavs. The first quarter will be key. If the Cavs continue their run from the fourth of game two, it will be a long night and maybe a loss. IF the Pistons jump on them early I think they wilt.
  18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Well, looks like I'm going with...

Pistons by 5

Pistons 94
    Cavs 89

Another close one. Detroit will be down most of the game but have a heroic 4th quarter. Lebron will have his best game of the series.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.