1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Round 2 Game 3 - 5pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 2-0 Detroit
    Saturday May 13th, 2006
    5:00 PM

Da "Q", Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
    Built 1994, Capacity 20,562

TV: ABC
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Re: Round 2 Game 3 - 8pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

I expect the Cleveland fans to be into this game. 13 years since they made some noise in the post season is a long time.

Look for Lebron to be very agressive in this game, thus putting pressure on the refs in the "Q". I don`t want to keep harping on this conspiracy thing but the NBA and TV networks would prefer a 6-7 game series as opposed to a sweep or 5 game series.

So don`t be suprised if we see some freaky calls in this one to assure at least a 5 game series! I picked Detroit in 5 games and i am sticking to my prediction. I see the classic Piston let down in this one.

Ben yawning on the sidelines, Sheed staring into space, and Rip committing 5 or more TO, CB launching up 3`s like he is at All Star Weekend, and Tay playing matador defense on the so-called King.

This will be the Pistons MO throughout the playoffs - take the first 2 then have a minor let down, before regaining their focus.

We may even see Delfino play in this one, and have a good game!!!!!

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

By and large I follow the rule that if you say something that seems to be turning out not to be true, you just pretend that you didn't say it in the first place and move on. But here I sit, trying to figure out if I've been maligning Flip wrongly.

He had a short honeymoon with me. It was sweetness and light for about a month and then I wanted more - more in game adjustments, more chewing players out when they looked lazy, more offense, more defense, more, more, more. (As if the largest average margin of victory in the league and a pace that, kept up, would have won more games than anyone ever had wasn't enough.)

But now things look a little different. The offense is clicking like never before, averaging 107 in seven playoff games - plus ten over the regular season - and looks fresh and new. (The Suns are averaging 109.)

And the defense - only giving up 95 a game (90 if you don't count the blowout in game 3 of round one). One might even see the one man zone being played against LBJ as an inspired use of the new illegal defense rules.

Thank goodness the forum archives only go back a couple of months so no one can dig out all those earlier posts. Who me? Saying something bad about Flip? Nah, you must have me confused with someone else.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That was an error. I have corrected it. You are naked now. All of your posts are available. LOL.

Actually, the search was capped at 105 results. I moved it to 500. Someone could always search for the term "flip" by author "dba" and found them by filtering your posts to the 105 relevant to flip.

Sorry. You'll have to post more to bury those. :P

5. roscoe36

Ok, forget this. I just realized there are a bunch of posts by micro that should never be dug up again. You're covered dba.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think they gave us too much time between road games. Finally and unusual.
    Ps 115
    Brons 105
    I doubt our Saturday record comes into play.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh sure, bring that up too. Geez.

:deadhorse

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That was an OK thread.

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Hughes might not be playing for Cleveland on Saturday, since his younger brother just died from a heart defect that he'd had since birth.

10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Pistons by 5

Pistons 94
    Cavs 89

11. Dlev59

Really, that`s sad. I remember seeing a piece about Hughes` brother when he was with the Wiz.

I don`t think he will be playing, he seemed very close to his brother.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Holding them to <90 will be tough MoPi. We might need more than 95 to win in Cadaver City. However I do think we can score over 100 on the "Zombie Defense" they employ.
    ...We'll have had plenty o rest.

13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I just don't see us shooting at such a high pct. two games in a row. We will struggle but we will lock it down in the fourth. Cleveland will be ripe for a sweep.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

How did we play in Cleve this year?

15. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's hard being Pistons fan here, local tv sport channel forecasted live game 3 then canceled and WC game instead. Sigh . . . so d*** hard . . .

Go Pistons.

16. Dlev59

Where are you?

17. roscoe36

Oh that's funny.

@brofmfa - same problem when I lived in NZ. But the coverage was even worse.

@Motown - the Pistons did not shoot well last game. Doesn't matter. Just gotta keep the Wallace Buddha Train going at the arc. As Sheed goes, so will the Pistons.

18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

You got that right. Sheed is this team's MVP right now. Tay is a distant second. C-Note keeps finding Sheed open behind the arc. That's one thing I'll definitely give Flip over Brown: Knowing better what a valuable tool Sheed is. I think Brown knew it but definitely did not exploit it to its maximum potential.

19. roscoe36

The difference is that Flip sees possibilities and takes risks. He's not afraid to do something different than the more trad coaches. It's bound to backfire at some point, but he doesn't strike me as a stupid man. He's a lifer coach.

We're so funny as fans (not specifically you ggazoo), in that we all want Sheed in the post when he misses treys, or banging that tramp when he's on.

It's most noticeable in the game chats. If Sheed misses 2 or 3 treys, everyone wants him to stop shooting and start posting up. We're never really happy unless he plays perfect. Sometimes our standards are too high in my opinion.

20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Most of the time our standards are way too high. I don't expect the Pistons to sweep through the playoffs but I do expect them to play hard every night, especially when there are typically a few days off between games. I'm still fuming over that Bucks' loss in Game 3. I didn't care that they lost but to get blown out like that is ridiculous. There are certain nights you're gonna suck and there isn't a thing you can do about it but I don't count that as one of those nights.

As far as Sheed goes, the guy has really won me over. He came into the season motivated and in shape. He has come into these playoff games and set the tone early on. I never faulted the guy for leaving Horry open last year either. Not a smart play but the guy played hard. The Pistons had a good chance to win in Game 7 anyway. And I love how he deals with the media; he gives them nothing, which is what you have to do.

Sheed does a great job of mixing up the post-up game and shooting 3s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.