Round 2 Game 3 - 5pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

if you have any semblance of a decent connection you should change your settings to show more posts per page. mine shoes 40 per page and that way i don't have to flip between pages so much.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah, I think the sympathy factor will be in effect for the Cavs this game... the foul calls will flip flop in their favor.
    Also think the 3 point shooting efficiency will drop significantly on the road.
    Look for the Brons (er Cavs) to go inside much more... that's what got them back in the game last time.
    If the Pistons are serious about winning at the Q they need to post Sheed and Chauncey often... and take advantage of the defensive drop off from Hughes not playing.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good work LP. I think #2 is the most important. The best way to shut down a transition offense oriented team is to make hoops (execute), limit turns, and use the clock to allow the bigs offensive rebounding position.

Foul trouble will probably be inevitable, the Pistons have to stay aggressive and not get too far behind, because the refs don't help teams that are far behind and doing nothing to help themselves. Particularly since they are playing "THE KING".

The coaches hinted at some new scheming on defense after Game 2. I will be watching to see what they roll out.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

#2...well of course.
    How are you going to do that? They got the refs in their pocket and the 12th man screaming in our ear! Strange iron. Strange glass?
    Just bring the energy and we'll be fine.
  5. roscoe36

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Ho-hum. More Game 3 absenteeism by the boys. Awful tough to win when you get 9 bench points. Mo Evans was so horrible that he should be dismissed from the team immediately. Awful tough to win when you play one-quarter of the game. Two things I'm amazed by: LeBron is allowed to drive down the lane without any harm. No way the '88-'90 teams would have allowed this. Those teams were prideful and 'ol LeBron would have ended up on his azz more than once. I'm also amazed by the fourth-quarter collapse. Isn't that when experience takes over? :confused:

Well, the league'll love this. LeBron for at least two more games.
  7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Didn't watch the game, but it looks like Chauncey started ballhogging, Sheed didn't show up, and Tayshaun was in "Princess" mode. Delk and Hunter were invisible, Dice picked up more fouls instead of playing defense, and Ben's BPG average for the playoffs has dipped to 1.2.

And how about that game from Mo Evans? As I said, I didn't watch the game - but unless I'm wrong, and I don't think I am, he made his usual, reliable, consistent contribution and Flip still managed to find time to play him in the 4th quarter.

On the bright side, Rip shot a respectable percentage, so hopefully his ankle's doing better.

Either way, this team is like clockwork. They should win Game 4 by 10-15, and close out the series in 5 now.
  8. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

Tough loss. We were so close. Lebron James will get all the credit for this win but if it wasn't for his teammates showing up the first 3 and a 1/2 quarters he never would have had the chance to win this game.

It is just one loss. We will rebound. Chauncey started off really slow. He needs to start better.
  9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

You said it.Letting LeBron's non-scoring stats and his crew keep the game close and then he explodes in the end,you could see it coming the way we played.Awful offensively on our part and some crap fouls by the refs didn't help either.Oh well looks like we will witness a game 5 after all.Refocus and drop em in 5 just like the Bucks.
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Re: Round 2 Game 3 - 8pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

Ok, I am going to watch the game now, didn`t see it live. How close was I to my prediction? I know the Pistons loss, but did they seem as disinterested as I said?

I will soon see for myself.......
  11. roscoe36

Re: Round 2 Game 3 - 8pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

Ineffective is the word that comes to mind.
  12. roscoe36

Another crap game. Everyone will run around pointing fingers, Sheed, Mo, Flip whatever.

Bottom line, the Pistons as a whole did not bring a great effort, the only exception is perhaps Rip and that cost them down the stretch when they got nailed on a lot of BS calls. If they were up by 10 to start the 4th, they may have weathered it. Instead, they kept handing Cleveland an opportunity to win the game from the get go, and finally, the Cavs figured out that the game was there for the taking.

The bench has totally disappeared. Unleash the hounds. They need a man hunt for Hunter, Delk and Evans.
  13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Sarcasm right? Even if you look at the box score he was 0-2, with 1 TO, and a foul. If you watched the game, he had one of the most embarrassing sequences I've seen from a Piston in a long time. He gets the ball in his favorite spot, goes to shoot the 3, but Lebron closes in on him. Evans then looks to pass, can't find anyone, puts the ball on the floor, loses his dribble, manages to get it back, shot clock winding down, shoots, and is flat out rejected.

And then things get worse. Evans (and Flip for even putting him on Lebron) single handedly let Cleveland back in the game. Worst coaching job, ever.

I mean serious what was Flip's thought process. I need somebody to guard Lebron while Tay rests, Delfino has proven he can guard Lebron, but Evans can hit that wide open jumper when no one covers him. That's it, Evans.

Wake up Flip, this is the playoffs, not counting garbage time, Evans aint getting anymore wide open jumpers.
  14. Reve

Delk played 4 minutes. He is hardly at fault. The thing with Delk is when he is on he can't be stopped but when he is off you might as well not play him at all.
  15. roscoe36

Well, you do make my point. He was off, and hence, he only had 4 minutes to give. I'd call that grounds for an APB.
  16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

No, he hasn't. He might be able to, but I don't remember Delfino having any good defensive sequence on James yet.

Tayshaun Prince is going to have to suck it up, stop playing so soft, and play 45+ minutes a night. And when he isn't guarding James, Rip Hamilton or Lindsey Hunter should be.

And I was only being partially sarcastic. This was not an unusual performance from Evans.
  17. Reve

If he only played 4 minutes then he gets no blame for this loss. Are big guys didn't step up til it was too late.

Its over. I expect us to win game 4. We don't want to let the Cavs back into this series.
  18. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Lebron played every minute and seemed quite spry at the end. So any "tired" excuses should be ignored by the Pistons players.
  19. roscoe36

My point is that the bench is missing. If they were effective in Game 2, they might have got more run in game 3. Flip is gunna pull the plug on the bench if they dont come in and produce.

No doubt. I get so sick of everyone complaining about minutes when Iverson, LeBron, Arenas, Marion and Kobe play mondo minutes regularly.

If anyone is tired after a 4 day layoff, they have mononucleosis.
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Well, Flip can either pull the plug outright or try some different substitution patterns/combinations. I hate to compliment Arroyo, but occasionally he brought some fire to this team with his energy in last year's playoffs. Nobody like that on the current team has emerged. This team is so business-like out there that sometimes it needs a fire lit under its azz. I feel bad for Delfino. I think the guy made some strides this year and he gets buried under a whole lotta horse-MO-nure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.