Round 2 Game 4 - 7pm Mon May 15 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Low, your last post is a thing of Wrecktangle beauty. You owe me a Sour Note any day now. :)
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Trust me, there's one coming...
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just for the record, I was joking about wanting LB back. (Just had to get that off my chest. I didn't want anyone thinking I was an LB fan)

But I do think we should get Sheed a muzzle.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think we should duct tape an electronic cattle prod to Chauncey with a remote control held by Ben.
  5. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

The bench looked great in the 1st round and Flip managed to coax them back into their shells.
  6. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

AHhhHHHh-Hooooo . . . AhHhHhhh-whoa . . Okay. I've calmed down. I think the other reason (the first being choking) was Flip's fear of shooting a jumper in the fourth quarter. We posted, but position wasn't helping us any. Our guards didn't deliver a single crisp entry pass the entire fourth quarter. I think we need to start using a baseline B-Wall screen on Rip's man, Ben then setting a pic on Rasheed's man (all while Rip's driving to the cup) so the trash-talking lazy transition defense Rashweed can flare. Rip'll either score, choke, charge, deliver a pass that'll get tipped, or . . break his nose. Anderson Veraho-Guarinni's far too aggressive on defense. Rasheed'll be open half the time. Donyell will just stand on the perimeter (on defense). Man. That's one long sentence. I hope we uuck fp LeBron wednesday. Put in Jmax to purposely injure The Chosen One. I was at this game, and . . I'm sick.

Just my thirty-six cents. *Shrug.*
  7. max

max All-Star

I don't know. I am dejected and shocked as much as the rest of you all. So far and being completely honest about it I am seeing a repeat of the Indy series of last years 2nd round.

Could not hit the side of a barn all 4th quarter - thats why we lost. Yes the Cavs got some calls. We held them to 74 points.. Defensivly what do you want?

Pistons went 8 mins in the late 3rd/early 4th without a field goal. Had chance afer chance to hit a dang shot and put the Cavs away in crunch time. No points at all in the Final 3 minutes!!! Can you believe that $@#$@. Was there any points scored? I do not remember any. Hit a dang shot. Whats so hard about it? All these great players and shot after shot after shot - clank...

Even had a sequence when Ben grabbed an offensive board and fed Rip for a point blank 1 foot shot - and he missed...

You can't make a shot in crunch time in a close game and you will not win no matter what the refs are doing..

Same old Same old. Lets at least win game #5 and avoid a repeat of the 04 NJ series.

Stern loves us because we always give the other team hope. Keeps the fans involved you know.
  8. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I'm very glad that we lost tonight. Losing tonite was probably the best thing that could have happen to us cause now we will know that we are not invincible and I hope and feel that we will respond. I think that we can all agree that this team got way to big for its britches. With the great start, the fantastic open offense, the four all-stars, and the franchise record we have lost all sense of who we are and what got us this kind of success. All of our starters need to come down to earth and admit to themselves that they actually have to play hard to win. I think that we all can agree that we are very talented and can beat anyone in the league. What has happened is that we have somehow started to feel that we cannot be beat, which is not true at all as far as far as i'm concered. This team needs to sit down and look at themselves in the mirror and really try to find that hunger that made/makes us great. Which Detroit will show up, we shall see.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

we are getting dogged on the national news too...Sheed looks like a sissyI'm looking at our defensive stats and I still cant see how we lost vs Cavs defense? James ,,,8-23 FG...5-10 FT...8 turnovers!!!!!!!I aint sleeping well tonight cuz I dont get Chauncey sometimes and they got Ben nothing. I really feel like he'll be leaving rather than play for Flip. ...sigh!:confused: sad boy...need cowbell...............we gettin dogged on National news too!
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The bench is sucking big time. Nothing from Dice, Delk or Hunter.

7 TO's in the 4th qtr.:doh: Pistons making La Bron look like a 5 year pro and Verejon an allstar.

Hamilton is the only player showing up but unfortunately he missed his last two shots.

Sheed goes down the beginning 2nd and stays in there and commits 3 TO's and misses 10 shots. Flip left him in there to guarantee his promise and it backfires.

Some negative key plays:
    CB driving over Verajon...does he know how to drive from the right side of the hoop?

Tay was on with the shots when he was backing LBJ down, but went away from that in the 4th.

The 12-1 run by the Cavs to start the 4th was a killer.

First time we have won the battle of the paint 36-32 and lost from the 3 pt arc...5 to 4. four 3 pt makes!@&*(&)

We need to respect these guys a little and not take it for granted that we will win at the end, because that has not worked at all. take care of business and blow it out in the beginning. Even in the post game interviews they didn't seem concerned...I am, because I thought this was a 4-1 series now it looks like 6 or 7, with the Heat getting a possible 4 day rest.

If we cannot score more than 80 pts a game, then we don't need to advance. (the wiz scored an average of 100 pts...where did this cavs defense come from?) Now we have given the Cavs more rope and confidence and it is a MUST game for us Wednesday
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Flip has lost it. Even if Sheed was hurt, what about Dice. Everyone think about this, Game 4, up 2-1, crunch time, Flip subbed Sheed for Evans.
    :frusty::doh::frusty::confused::wacko::confused::mad2:
    What the &!^@&&&@^&@^!&@^-ity F-*&@&@#&*!!!! F-####!!!!

Top 3 Reasons:
    3. Mo gave Flip some good loving last night to make up for the last game
    2. Flip threw a tantrum, upset at Ben, Sheed, Dice, and Joe giving him crap
    1. Flip just lost his mfn mind

Sorry for the language, but this is truly incomprehensible, anyone else got an explanation?
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well I was right...the points were way down. And the out come was wrong.
    You D people happy with scoring 72 pts.?
    Why are we still playing that antiquaited system?
    We lost because we never got the tre untracted.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I like what Mo can bring but near crunch time.
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How many points fewer than 74 do you think an NBA playoff team can be held to? All right, 71 would have been good, but come on you can't lay this loss on the defense. Yeah, the Cavs hit some big shots, but when you only make 29 field goals, they're all memorable.

But even if you can hold them to 74, only having two guys scoring just isn't going to get it done. Flip has gone away from the rotations he was starting to establish during the Bucks series and that has thrown the bench completely off. Chauncey's head shrinking act needs to reach about a seven and a half or it stays ugly. And Sheed needs to get better. One day off between games is going to be hard.

Sooner or later someone other than Rip or Tay is going to need to find the hoop in Cleveland or we're looking at a game 7.
  15. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Looks like we got a real live, legitimate series to me! Time to take a look at these Cavs. With Big Z, they can compete in the paint. When he sits they become run and gun. D. Marshall is deadly. Varajao and the rest of the Brazilians (Nene, Barbosa) ain't never been soft. Snow likes the rough stuff. The Cavs got a team worthy of a serious "game plan."

Flip....you home?
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Snow draws a flagrant 1 and the ball on Mo and he hits 1-2 and the Pistons fail to cash in when they take the ball out of bounds. I think that was a key as a make there and a score give us the 72-70 lead. Rip scored later and maybe the next play would have been called differently.

Snow knew what to do. Why is it that we cannot do the same to James or veraejo? to show them who is boss?

That three by La bron to end the half turned out to be the difference in the game and now it is being questioned that the refs gave him a break as he actually stepped out of bounds
  17. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

quoted and i hope that you are right
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We created our own pressure cooker by giving away game three and we got fried in it. We missed shots from early on due to the pressure of the moment. Sheed's prediction took his own offense out of the game as he pressed. Our offense was slowed down on purpose--I don't understand this strategy by Flip. It allowed Cleveland to stay in the game. We were totally out of sync--we passed when we should have shot and vice-versa. I t is a myth that us or any other team always hits in crunch time. Nobody wanted the ball late. Rip's drive was lame but so was Chauncey's game. We have to come out and play with purpose on both ends.

The pressure will still be there that we created. We don't need to grind to win--that is going backward. And even though Cleveland didn't score that much, we are still not guarding Barrejo as he works off of Le Bron. This is first time all season that I am disappointed. We have to get out of this funk.
  19. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Wow I expected our team to showup and Rip and Ben were about the only ones that got off the bus.Flip's subs really sucked.They went small ball, throw in the big dogs and light em up down low when you haven't scored a basket in what 8mins?He played right into their game plan what the %#@*??Offensively we have been horrible and I don't mean to sound like the swollen headed players but we lost this it wasn't the Cavs defense.Yes they had some good plays but we are way off offensively as a team.

I can't believe playing on the road has had this much affect on our game.Keep the games this close and James will take it over late and beat us heck he played like a** and they won.

I'm not worried to much,concerned yes.This isn't the time to hit an offensive funk and play unlike the Pistons should play.We keep playing like this and the ankle affects Sheed,well it will be time to call the Wings to see which golf course they are on.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

There is no reasonable reason to put Mo in for Sheed... obviously Dice was the better move... but the Milkman could have done better than Sheed tonight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.