Round 2 Game 4 - 7pm Mon May 15 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I agree. Fouls like that nearly got me thrown out of basketball summer camp (twice). No lie.
  2. max

max All-Star

We expected it? So far LBJ shoots 3's from out of bounds, knocks players out of the way with his off-arm and sometimes takes a few more steps than are allowed. - We are all witnesses.
  3. max

max All-Star

What really chesses me off about James. When the refs do try to keep him honest by calling a charge or not giving him a call he puts on that stupid scowelling face and acts like someone just took his lunch money.

You would think he would be happy with all the calls he does get.
  4. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I don't know about you guys but I cannot wait to see how we come out tomorrow. I am now hoping and praying that we come out with urgency but at the same time have a little fun. We are struggling no doubt about that, but at the same time all is not lost. What will help us tomorrow is if we can just go out there and take care of business by way of blowout. Everybody and their mom is having doubts that we will even win this series and to be honest with you those thoughts have been on my mind all day. In the two games that we have lost to the cavs we have not played the style that has gotten us the elite status that we acquired in the regular season. Things we need to do is that we need to establlish Sheed and Tay in the post the rest of the playoffs, I don't know how many times I can say this. Second we have to limit our turnovers and take care of the basketball. Third in combination with my second point is that we need to run the offense, I don't think that I have to go to great detail when i say that. Fourth is the fact that we need to stop all of this %%%%%footing and bring energy and intensity on defense, the defense that has won us a championship. With all that being said I'm really nervous and really scared about tomorrow's game I just hope that we find what made us great this season and take care of these guys in 6 games and get ready for a revitalized Miami. Go Pistons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Dead on TaShawn. I know I know, they won't beat "x," "y," or "z" playing the way they played (for most, but not all of) the last nine quarters. But I'll repeat, at the risk of being obnoxious, that if this team has shown anything in the past three seasons it is that they meet challenges when they perceive them. Of course, we aren't the ones that get to decide what they will perceive as a challenge. Nor do I think, based on past experience, that their comments to the media are an accurate indicator of whether or not they are perceiving a challenge. Maybe they will see Game 5 as a challenge and do their thing and maybe they'll need to go down 3-2 before their challenge indicator lights go on.

Whatever the case, I certainly feel completely confident that when they perceive it, they will meet it. That is what has won my heart to this team: that for all their flailing and maddening underachieving, they can be counted on to bring it when they feel their backs are against the wall. Sometimes, that's not until they are on the brink of elimination (Orlando, New Jersey, Miami), sometimes they feel the wall at their backs earlier than that. But always, at that point, win or lose, we'll see this team's best effort. And that's all I need from them to avoid disappointment and a feeling of bitterness: give me your best effort when the sh*t is on the line. They've always done it and I'm sure they'll do that again.
  6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Max, you should be a member of the media because at these press conferences, all these schleps are falling over themselves asking LeBron how he "feels about his first playoff experience." Nobody ever asks a pointed question such as what you raised: "Hey, LeBron, why do you scowl every time you're whistled for a foul? Do you believe that you never commit any fouls? Aren't you happy with all the preferential calls you do get? Why do you use your off-arm to hook the defensive player every time?" Man, all these media types are Ahmad Rashad disciples.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ahhh, the comforts of home, don't even worry about it.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I 'm gonna drink a 6pack BEFORE the game...I am so anxious in aint even funny, but i lovvvve this!!!And this is where our boys SHINE!...wooooooooooo!:laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.