Round 2 Game 5 - 7pm Mon May 17 Clev at Det

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Just looking at the stats... we had only 12 assists and 1 steal.
    History shows the offense flows when we get easy buckets off steals.
    Thought maybe I'd join in the bashing fun:
    Flips couldn't coach wheelchair Basketball
    It's Mo's fault
    Delfino would win it fosho
    Cleveland is a lucky bad team
    Just renamed my dog Flip... Bang!
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It really gets to me too Brother, the only difference is, one of us isn't being paid millions of dollars! :mad: :mad: :mad: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Don't get me started on that point. I am venting about the bench like I was all season long. Joe f'ed up IMO by not bring in some dependable talent. We have $3M+ worth of Davis polishing the pine. Mo Evans, is nothing more than a polished scrub. I am going mental, I need a few pills!

How does a one man show with King beat a squad of All-Stars:frusty:
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are right brudda who can fear the fro when it is not there. ben misses possibly his two biggest FT's the season and we are saving cap space for him next year...gimme a break!!:doh:
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

can't close out games against cleveland. lebron is a superstar. i've never seen so many calls reversed. so many fouls called on other players after lebron doesn't like it. so many push offs to get open. jmax needs to play if nothing else but to hammer lebron one time.

flip also is an idiot. why have ben wallace in the game with 1.9 seconds to go. there will be no rebounds. if anything that was the point to go small put in delk and evans. you know somebody that can shoot. and why go to rip when he's been stinking it up all game.
  6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Make up your mind. Is Flip getting outcoached or is he sandbagging? Funny, you're calling me a fool. You said that Delfino is the key to the Pistons' comeback. You really believe that?
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I feel your pain jay, and you're absolutely right, I agree with you 100%but don't let the Pistons or Flip off the hook by blaming these 3 loses on anything but their piss poor execution and lack of coaching/adjustments. The Pistons have beaten themselves 3 straight games.
  8. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

The only adjustments Flip makes in game are with his crinky neck and jaw.Time to grab the wheel and drive the car Flip cuz autopilot ain't working to well.Can't believe the Cavs defense is causing this many problems.We can't lose 4 in a row can we?
  9. bball jay

we have good talent on the bench. we traded away our # 9 guy and our # 12 bench player and they go and create a great bench for another team. so i can't agree that we don't have talent on our bench. if a coach won't play the bench no reason in bringing guys in. we need to trade the whole bench for 1 superstar. someone that will get calls.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Y'all know it wasn't Ben that lost that game. It wasn't Mo that lost that game. ahb's graphic is funny, but about 2 months late.

Where was Davis? Where was Delk?

Chauncey? Quite possibly the worst joke in MVP voting history. He didn't even deserve to be on the ballot. So many people threw Nash under the bus when the Suns went down to LA, but Nash slew the dragon named Kobe, and he looks to take down Elton Brand as well.

Sheed? First one out the door if this finishes badly. I've had it. It's not cute or funny anymore. He's bringing very little to these games.

bball jay, i like you, but you crawl out from under a rock every time this team loses, and yet are no where to be found when they win.
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I think the LB mantra was "Play hard. Play smart. Play together. Have fun."

I'm disappointed in any number of people - Chauncey, Ben, Tayshaun, Rip, Sheed to a certain degree, Lindsey - but Flip being so ridiculously outcoached by Mike Brown takes the cake.

Coaches don't miss shots, but well-coached players and teams do not make this many mistakes, nor are they this poorly motivated. Good coaches command respect.

And that's without even touching his foolish rotations and criminal playcalling.
  12. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

We are playing badly and that is why we lost this game but the refs giving Lebron calls he shouldn't get isn't helping the cause.

I was worried about this at the begining and even started a thread about it.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great point micro. It's nice to see 16mile also making a cameo appearance to troll.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and another thing..it was EVERYBODY!!

1. rip...5 of 16 and that sissy attempt at the end, just like Game 4. % of 7 at the line...3 assists and 4 TO's...
    2. chauncey ...6 of 16, 5 assists-6 to's. poor defense...stupid fouls...did nothing right..one lil 5 pt spurt..so what!!!
    3. ben...0-7 Ft's...4 of 9 FG's, bad shots at the shot clock...so-so D but not DPOY stuff
    4. sheed...dont get me started....but aside from the fouls was actually worse with 4 BIG TO's..10 pts /9 rebounds though in 22 minutes...no reason not to come back in 4th but NO WAY was Flip taking Ben out:laugh: (sarcastic evil laugh)
    5. tay...overated stats cuz the points came over 48 minutes..way spread out...bad pass on the 3 to Cb...bad shot in last seconds
    6. Dice...sigh...just dont get it...where was he in 1st half?

and Bench? say whaat?..bench..say what? BENCH...what?
    Flip will lose this entire city if we lose Game 6. Dont know what to predict because Flip is too unpredictable. He's slowed the game down not for defense sake, but because he doesnt WANT to use bench!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I just saw the Rip last shot play. Do WE watch film or not?? It was the same play SA ran with Horry in game 5 last year. If rip passes it back immediately, Tay is WIDE OPEN!!!!! WATCH IT WHEN YALL GET A CHANCE!
    blbpblbpblblbbppblblbbbppppp!!!!!!:frusty: doe:frusty: doe:frusty: Doe:doh: !!
  15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

We may be in deep doodoo. Talked to the missus (a special ed teacher, she occaisionally makes some relevant bball comments for someone who doesn't understand the game) who watched the game with me. Listening to my b--ing and watching Flip, she thinks the guy is OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), because of the twitching, and going back to the same plays and players even though they suck (her words on Evans).

If Flip is OCD, then he's simply incapable of adjusting. He may know that it's better for the team to try something different, and may even plan on it, but once the game starts, he has to go back to what his compulsion is telling him to do. His OCD (or is it man love) forces him to play Evans, forces him to play bs zone, and forces him to not to adjust or sub anyone off of the bench.
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The turning play was Chauncey leaving Flip open for the tre... I was hoping Flip would have recognized that.

Remember this tme two years ago when we had the same situation going to NJ having to win or go home (LB got us in that situation?).

Bron is just that talented to win by himself... not sure if you can have 5 guys gaurding him.

Chauncey and Tay need to hit some outside shots to soften the interior defense... until that happens Flips to blame.
  17. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Well enough of that.Any positives here?Chauncey and Dice(finally)hit some shots.To little to late but Dice got some rythm back.Ummmm anyone?Anything else?In years past this team would have not lost this game.To big for our britches?Hate to say it but I agree Micro, Sheed has brought next to nothing these last 3 games he was stinking it up before the ankle.

They are to comfortable bottom line maybe not get rid of any starters but lay down the law with starting some other players when production isn't there.Get some different bench and actually play em.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't like to be whining about the refs, but when Lebron got his 4th foul, I had the feeling that it would hurt the Pistons instead of help. Because I thought that Lebron would have to punch someone in the face to get another one called against him at that point.

Lebron's off-arm pushoff on Lindsay to start the 4th quarter was an obvious offensive foul. Lebrons tackle of Chauncey was obvious.

One other point... did Chauncey think that the Pistons had 1 to give when he intentially fouled Lebron on the break away? B/c that was a horrible decision to give him 2 points and take himself out of the game.
  19. bball jay

yeah. i know i was pissed about darko and arroyo and the handling of our bench in general. so i wasn't posting about the pistons at all. i'm back now and everything i said is staring to come true. it's caused me to come out from under my rock.

by the way the rock was one of the ones everyone threw at me when i said we needed to develop our bench. developing the bench is for lottery teams huh:doh:
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are playing with pressure and not doing well. Within that, we are not playing smart. We do not run plays or move the ball. So we can't get any space from Cleveland. Whenever we start to get momemtum, Chauncey throws the ball away on a break, loses it on a drive or jacks up a shot without a pass. Yes, he made some shots and needs to shoot even more. But 6-7 times he killed our momemtum.

Rip is back to his drives to the hoop that gets Ilgouskis blocks. Remember Indiana last year. We know we are in trouble so we go one on one or down low. We are good at neither. Unless we free up the offense and move the ball, we will get the same result. But we are really looking uphill because they are playing well, smart and we are playing uptight and not using our guys at what they do best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.