Round 2 Game 7 - "The Witness Falls"

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well Ralphie, looks like both of us screwed up (the networks and I).

2004-05-03 DET NJN W 78-56 DET leads 1-0

56 seems to be the all-time low.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Bruddah skywalker, have we gotten so spoiled that an 18pt win is not considerd a blowout? Please dont turn into a Celtic/:laugh: Knick type fan!
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

You got me HQ. Let me re-word. This would have been a blow out from the get go if the boys were hittin their FT's.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly right I think.
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i believe they were talking about all-time game 7 lows.
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

The game's been covered in detail, but my $0.02: Lindsey was the game changer with his uptempo burst in the third, after Chauncey spent much of the game sleepwalking up the court. Given all the times he's encouraged Delfino to stay ready, I hope yesterday's lesson wasn't lost on Carlos.

micro said it earlier, but it's worth repeating: If Flip was as lax a defensive coach as many people here think, the Pistons wouldn't have been able to apply all the defensive tricks LeBron faced yesterday. Keep an open mind, people.

LAST WORD: A playoff cliche is "adjustments," which too often is just fan shorthand for "give us some new thingy so we can see more baskets or stops." But to be fair to guys like Mike Brown, adjustments have to be executed, not just identified. That's where experience counts. Sometimes it's smarter to keep things simple so young players can play, instead of confusing them with a jumble of stuff they're not ready to handle.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

LanierFan your $0.02 are worth a $Million
  8. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WE WON!!!

But I´ve never felt so sick physically watching a game before. Just when I thought we were the team of old in the first few minutes... BA-BOWWW...

I actually got to watch this game in a sports bar in Prague, which is whz i wasnt in the chatroom.

Lindsey won this game for us. He completely energised the team in that short span. He was one of the few that looked like he had something to prove. And how old is he??

Tay also gets MASSIVE props for his work. Ironman plus! What was it, his first rest since game 4 came in the last minute? And he was tireless in the post. He even tried to get away from the post a couple of times but chauncey "mr.no ideas on offense" kept force feeding it to him.
    Flip, please try and find someone to rotate Tay out for a few minutes! PLEASE! I beg you, its not right.

The rest of the team was so so, and has already been said. EXCEPT...

I must defend Dice. He got no minutes in the first half and when he got minutes in the second half we were in that "lets run 20 straight iso plays for tay". he never saw the ball. he boarded like a man too. he got hammered on some of those defensive boards and got no calls. he is boarding better than ben right now.

chauncey where are you? that was pathetic. he had no idea out there. shooting 3¨s from 4 feet out, stupid turnovers, predictable offense. change out of your damon jones suit NOW!!
    He didnt know what to do on offense, so he just gave tay the ball every time. and he overdribbled something shocking. arroyo dribbled less than this. no seriously. pretender MVP, please show up for the miami series or stay in bed. honestly.

flip, man you have some serious work to do. outcoached by a rookie...

granted, nice adjustment defensively in game 7, but isnt your forte OFFENSE???? Where, I havent seen any. Why did I only see about 2 screen plays run for rip?? thats our bread and butter. i want some more of that. if our offense stalls thats the easiest wide open shot we can get by our best shooter. use it dammit!!
    oh yeah, and im pretty sure those guys on the bench want to and can play, so use them. flip is worse than LB when it comes to riding the starters. and when the starters struggle his adjustment is to PLAY THEM MORE MINUTES. makes sense dont it?
    Im really starting to get on the anti-flip bandwagon and i wont be playing my trumpet very loudly cos its just too upsetting watching his rotations, adjustments, plays, head-scratching, etc...

well enough of that rant, but a great win as bad as it was. i guess im just too passionate and upset that we had to go to 7 with these clowns. but it was good to see some great D again. ben always does the little things.

Hopefully now we are past the brons we can loosen up and get back to playing proper bball.

See you in the chatroom!!
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ah. Well, then Detroit still has taken part of the most low scoring games in NBA playoff history, usually coming out on the winning end. Still very impressive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.