1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Round 3 Game 1... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by mercury, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Series 0-0

Tuesday May 23rd, 2006
    8:00 PM

Palace of Auburn Hills, Mi

TV: ESPN
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

Your Detroit Pistons

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Ben Wallace[/td][td]Rasheed Wallace[/td][td]Tayshaun Prince[/td][td]Rip Hamilton[/td][td]Chauncey Billups[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

The Miami Heat (boo, hiss)

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]Antoine Walker[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Jason Williams[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]​

Bring on Shaq, Wade & Co.
    The Pistons may have to implement the "Wade Rules"

Comments?
    ~~

2. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

Never mind.lol

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pistons should start off right where they left off with the Cav`s. Posting Tay, he will abuse Walker, as Sheed will abuse Haslem.

Let`s get this started with a huge win..........

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Haslem is similar to Gooden with a better midrange shot... Gooden is a little better around the basket though.
    The difference is Zo coming in to defend Sheed or Dice. Sheed typically has troble scoring on Zo... but he can take the shot blocker out of the paint.

Well is this where the "Shaq insurance" get to play or is that a last resort of bringing in D.D. or Cato.... it may depend on how well Ben can do...
    I'm concerned about the Zo & Shaq combo bullying there way inside.

Gotta abuse JWill and do a better job defending their gaurds on the P&R.

5. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Hi All,

this is my first post here.
    I was surprised to know that this site is volunterily run by Roscoe and the team. I am impressed.
    One message came to me, in case Pistons make it to the finals then we have to post. the message should have been... Since the Pistons will be in the finals, then we have to post. I never doubted them.

Since we are in the Finals, I will do my best and be part of the Pistons family.

Coming to the finals talk... not much to be said
    Miami's and shaq's destiny are similar to the king's one. ooops...
    even worse cause it will not take us 7 games... i say in 5...

GOOO PISTONS

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Just saw Drew Sharp on "Cold Pizza," and he made a good point about Tayshaun Prince. The Pistons don't have a reliable 3 to spell Tay, and Tay could wear down if Flip doesn't figure out a way to get him some rest. Makes me wonder if JMax should have been developed more during the season and the Pistons should have given up on the DelfiMo experiment early on. This might be the most interesting subplot heading into this series. I would love to see Delfino get some burn. He is a 2/3. I don't think Mo scares anyone with his defense or offense. Delfino is someone that is virtually unscoutable since he didn't play much. Same with JMax. Should JMax be activated for this series and we turn it into a physical matchup at the 3? Naw, that would be a stroke of genuis. Out of character for Flip.

7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't mind Delfino being activated. Limit his role to only defense and driving to the rack. No shooting. Would be curious to see what he could do on Wade. Let's see if he can handle the heat. JMax is too much of a rookie to take a chance with the stakes so high.

Very impressed with Tay so far. He has really taken it up a notch. Good long term sign by Joe.

8. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

The key to victory with Miami is simple. You have to take Wade out.

I don't mean actually intentionally try to hurt him. Just give him a good hard foul every time he drives. Prince can overplay his 10-15 foot jumper and then the bigs (Use Davis and Cato and others early in the game and early in the series) can hammer him (legally) when he comes inside. Wade only has one game, and that's all out going to the rim. If you aggressively defend the goal he'll either settle for jumpers, or bang himself up trying to get to the rim. Actually I think that if he doesn't develop a great outside shot soon (ala Jordan), his career will be pretty short. Guys who recklessly drive to the hole get injured a lot and their atheleticism slowly decreases as years go by.

9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree. He isn't strong enough to finish if you can knock him off his stride - unlike LBJ. And he doesn't shoot as well from outside either, so don't give him any room outside and shove him around some when he breaks down the first defender. Course, there is that Shaq guy hanging out looking for those lobs.

10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wade has been shooting plenty well from the outside recently, including some previously unseen 3-point range.

11. Dlev59

Forget about seeing Delfino from here on out, unless he plays due to injury. Flip can`t afford to play him now.

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I dunno. Flip said yesterday that since Delfino guards Wade so well, he plans to use him. Is that the kiss of death for Delfino? Could be. :ohwell:

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Wade to Shaq... Wade to Shaq
    Gotta watch that drive and lob

Kinda figure Riley's added some new wrinkles with the time off... most likely sending off the ball cutters.

I support bringing Cato in once in the 1st half to soften Shaq... D.D. is worse than Ben at keeping Shaq 's dominance to a minimum.

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Wade does that instead of driving against us I'm fine with that!:thumb:

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Adonis, we love your enthusiasm and confidence. :)

16. Dlev59

Did he really say that? Well let`s see if it happens. I`ll have to see it to believe it.

I would love to see how Delfino plays, and will Flip yank him after a mistake? Wouldn`t it be great if Delfino would slow Wade and contribute offensively.

Can`t a guy dream???????

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

OK anti up... giving 5 to 1 odds that Delfino gets no burn in non GT.

18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Ben, Dice and Tay should make more cuts into the lane on offense. By doing this more, they may draw some fouls on Shaq. Get Shaq in foul trouble early and we will coast to victory.

DETROIT BASKETBALL! LET'S GO!!!

19. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Riley has brought his first excuse of the series. He is saying one week is too much and the team may not be ready after a long rest. What does these Miami want? IF they rest too much they complain, if they play too much they complain. How dare Riley mention this when playing against a team who is coming out of a long seven game series. I tell you what...we should count the number of excuses Miami will use in this series.

Gooo Pistions

20. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah...I'm wondering if we were to lose (which we won't) then can we use the excuse that Sheed's ankle is hurt sort of how the Heat have said for a WHOLE year that they lost because of DWade's injury? Yeah right.

Hopefully Delfino gets some tick. JMax--he needs to be waived--I loved his game in college, but he is too slow to be a three and doesn't have the explosiveness to be a 4. I actually think his game is just horrible and have no idea what people are seeing in him. Mo Evans is a go getter on the glass, but he clogs the O with his lack of ballhandling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.