Round 3 Game 1... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by mercury, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

I'm at work and I'll look later--I presume it's stuff from college. But that's just it: I said I LOVED his game in college--so I watched him frequently. I thought he was a good draft pick. It's just that watching him this year, against, bigger and faster guys at the next level, I don't see that explosiveness. (maybe it's me or his lack of p/t).
  3. roscoe36

It's stuff from the Pros. You need to check it out.
  4. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

Ahhh...well I will do that tonight. I just don't think he's impressed me much (in spurts) in the pros. But I do know that he impressed many at the pre-draft camps which made his stock rise.

I could be a lil too tough on him, I guess he is a rook--but I just don't see many flashes of brilliance.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Miami's D is horrible on the perimeter and that's why Shaq is always in foul trouble now. I agree take it to the basket. 104-97 PISTONS!
  6. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I LOVE MY WIFE !!!!!!!!!!!

SHE SCORED 2nd ROW TIX TO TONIGHTS GAME

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The strategy of trying to get Shaq into foul trouble is a good one. I would relentlessly attack him and initiate the contact. Refs are 50/50 on those calls no matter how obvious it is.

Also, since Shaq's pattern has been to start off strong and then tire out as the game goes on, I would consider starting Davis on him and being very physical. Don't let Ben or Sheed rack up early fouls and take them out of their game.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If she was really great, she would say, "honey, why don't you take your friend TaShawn and I'll watch on TV."
  9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

leavin in an hour...GO PISTONS!! see you guys at the palace!!
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Wade's shot is on point these days, he's not as one dimensional as he used to be. He has 2 spots that he loves 15-18 ft baseline and the freethrow line extended at 15-17 feet, those shots get him into a good shooting rhythm then he extends his range as the game goes along. You also have to play Wade for the drive and dish, that drop off to Shaq is lethal and the kick to Haslem's baseline J is pretty effective too. Fellas ya gotta watch these guys and STOP UNDERESTIMATING them, I think we saw last series how dangerous that can be.
  11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick....tick...just waiting on the little woman.

Going back to the reg season I noticed that Wade was just as suseptible to dribble penetration as anyone else, and tended to pickup fouls as a result. Gotta make him defend more than the perimeter.

Shaq seems to pickup fouls off of quick hitting plays by cutters down the lane and backdoor cuts. Not to mention drive to the hole from the opposite side of the floor.

Come on Honey.
    Only 90 minutes to tip.
    Please get outta the mirror.
    AGGHHHHHH !!

GO PISTONS !!!
  12. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Almost that time of day folks. It's going to be huge tonight, I can't wait! :nod:

Also, please folks I'm recording the Tigers-Royals game tonight so I can watch it tomorrow morning. So if I may kindly ask that folks not post any Tigers updates tonight I would greatly appreciate it. Then again, if you do, I just may boot you so take the chance, if you dare! :eyebrows:
  13. roscoe36

CHAT IS OPEN!

SHADDUP ABOUT TIGERS (per Zoso) ;)

GOOOOO PISTONS!
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LARGEST CRYBABY
    At 7-0, Rasheed Wallace was recently entered in the Guinness Book of World Records as earth's largest crybaby. Wallace believes the next foul he commits will be the first he has ever committed. He gets this information from the aliens who talk to him regularly, telling him to make guarantees that are 100 percent right 67 percent of the time. Wallace is one of the many reasons Wade says there is no team in the league he likes less than the Pistons.
    The Pistons also have a remarkable number of players with names you might find working in a hair salon.
    Chauncey.
    Tayshaun.
    Antonio.
    Lindsey.
    Maurice.
    And that's not even counting Team Hair Salon's coach -- a grown man named Flip.
    They're tougher than they sound, of course.
    But they've rarely looked as weak as Cleveland -- a lesser team than Miami -- just made them look.

Oh, REALLLY!
  15. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

we simply can't beat the heat with ben wallace logging all those minutes. shaq and zo just don't check him and clog up the paint. ben needs to either get active on the offensive boards or flip needs to grow some balls and play somebody else. ben isn't doing a better defensive job on shaq than anybody else would at least we could make shaq play defense.

what is flip's problem. rip can't hit, chauncey can't hit, sheed can't hit, tay can't hit but flip still doesn't sub at least one of them out. :doh: use the bench flip it's the only way to the title.
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I am really feelin that Flip cant outcoach Riley cuz he's going to be to afraid to try anything different. He didnt play DD or TD any significant minutes. The team showed no emotion and the fans were flippant.
  17. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

flips hands are sorta tied. the one move he could make that would give us an edge he really can't do because it would upset ben wallace. that mcdyess and rasheed lineup is our best lineup against miami because miami can't sag in the paint. ben is really making me mad. this guy deserves a sign and trade. we miss dmc.
  18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Well well well.

Can I get a clarification on whether Billups-bashing is in fact allowed here? If not, I'll stick to bashing Mr. Twitchy.

And it appears I was right about Prince after all, although bballjay is wrong - Ben Wallace, while ineffective for parts of the game, was far from the biggest problem. And Darko Milicic's benchwarming hardly brought any energy or basketball IQ to the game - unless he was some kind of reservoir to suck the lethargy and stupidity out of the other players.
  19. roscoe36

You know how to keep it from becoming poster-to-poster personal. Let it fly.
  20. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Go head bash CB. I am gettin tired of his act in this playoffs. He looks totally lost out there. Can't believe he was mentioned as an MVP candidate with Nash. Nash is much better. Pistons gave away game they could have won with even a mediocre offensive performance.

33% shooting :frusty: . Everybody has colluded to collectively go stone cold. The bright side is that Miami didn't look that scary. I look for a win on Thursday. Joe please get a few scorers and jump shooters. In some ways the Pistons brough this on themselves by not getting another reliable scorer off the bench and letting the Cavs series go 7 games.

NO PANIC, JUST PISSED!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.