Round 3 Game 2 ... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Series 0-1 Miami

Thursday May 25rd, 2006
    8:00 PM

Palace of Auburn Hills, Mi

TV: ESPN
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

Your Detroit Pistons

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Ben Wallace[/td][td]Rasheed Wallace[/td][td]Tayshaun Prince[/td][td]Rip Hamilton[/td][td]Chauncey Billups[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

The Miami Heat (boo, hiss)

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]Antoine Walker[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Jason Williams[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]​

Comments?
    ~~

2. max

max All-Star

Lets get this going. I am sick of thinking and talking about game 1. Its over.

Hopefully the team can continue to get Wade and Shaq in foul trouble and can continue a nice FG margin and can actually hit some this game. Key is to break 40%.
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I am thinking positive. Pistons will win Thursday. Deep down inside I still strongly feel that the Pistons are the best team in the East if they can get their act together. Being a fan of this team can drive one crazy.

GOOOOO PISTONS!!
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

You heard it here first, folks - by popular demand, Flip has decided to bench Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups in favor of DD and Delfino.

Also, Zo sprained his shoulder flexing in shootaround and is listed as day-to-day. Dwyane Wade was sent flying into the third row during the incident, but will "try to give it a go".

Pistons 95-87.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Watching the Suns dismantle Dampier inspired me to think about what Ben could do... and did often when playing Shaq's Lakers... get out and leave the fat man in the dust...
    He wouldn't be fouled as much if uncontested on a 3 on 2 break.
    Rebound and go.... wear the Diesel out running.
  6. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

losing one game was very much expected. The guys could not do anything about it. I tell you, i would have been shocked if we won that game. We had no legs to keep going with the fresh Miami.

however, Detroid has always proven to have longer breath. We need to send this series to seven games. This is the only way we can beat Miami. For this reason, we need to win this game and one more game in Miami.

Now one thing I ask you guys here. Don't start getting negative in the comments. I repeat, there was no way we could have won game one. the importance of home court advantage shows in game 7.

Go Pistons.
  7. anakin

The Mavs dropped their home game. Not sure what it has to do with the Pistons but it made me feel better :)
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Yes losing one game or more was expected, however I personally would have prefered it not be the first game. Miami is playing the best ball of they year at the moment and to give them any confidence at all could be dangerous.

They are still upset about losing game 7 at home to the Pistons last year and they would like nothing more than to dispose of Detroit ASAP!

There ceratiny was a way game one could have been won, by hitting a few more shots, better shot selection, and bench points. To me all of the above hed nothing to do with fatigue.

Detroit will still win this series, however a loss tonight would really hurt.
  9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

I heard McDyess on ESPN saying the team doesn't seem to start playing until their backs are up against the wall. Same old story that we all know too often. Finally, a reporter asked, "Why?" McDyess just laughed and said, "I don't know." This team needs to learn that you can only go to the well so often. The Pistons' nine lives are evaporating quickly. I think tonight is a must win. Well, duh. :doh:
  10. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons are what they are, we want them to change because it makes it easier on the hearts. True Pistons fan know that this team has a certain pattern, and for some reason they prevail in though situations. I for one still thinks that this series will get worse before we see the real Pistons stand up, being down 1-0 in a series does not put this team in trouble because these guys can win anywhere on the road. I believe the Pistons will win this series but will play from behind until its over.

I oringinally had this series going 6 games to the Pistons, but I like alot of fans get lost sometimes think that the Pistons will do things the easy way. They will play from behind until their backs are agians't the wall and pull this one out in 7 games.

With that being said don't be to suprised if the struggle tonight. GO PISTONS!!!!
  11. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

JUZ GO TO WORK & KICK THE HEAT'S AZZ!!!

DEFENSE!!! BRING THE ENERGY!!!

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There is a lot of talk about if the Pistons just make a few more shots, then we will easily win. Let's not forget that Miami was only able to play Snaq and Wade for 50% of the game. Most likely, they will be more dominant tonight.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Very positive post AHB. congrats
    As with the last 4 games I don't have any idea what kind of game will be played.
    Ps ?
    Hs -?
  14. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Chauncey needs to have a big(efficient)game tonight.Stop pressing and get it going on offense getting easy assists and good shot selections.Get it going early and get the cast invovled.Pretty much no-brainer stuff just got to execute it.I agree must win tonight at home then ya gotta take one in Miami in game 3 or 4,ok game 4.Good point TaShawn if it's a closer type game then unless foul trouble with Wade and Shaq are a problem they will be in alot longer than game 1.I don't think Maimi's bench shoots like they did in game 1 but Walker having confidence in his play isn't good and Haslem will not likely goose egg again.

If fatigue is a factor which I don't think it is, one day between games isn't going to get us any more rest the remainder of the series.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

True, but the Heat were even more effective with those guys on the bench: I think they were +10 for the game when both of them were sitting down! So even if they both play more--and it's pretty certain that at least Wade will--they'd both probably have to be in peak form throughout all that extra court time to match the effective advantage that Miami got from their other guys in Game 1 when those two were sitting.
  16. anakin

No matter what the Pistons say, today is a must win. Get down 0-2 and the series is over. Miami will not surrender the advantage.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think 0-2 would be insurmountable. It is not easy to put the Pistons out as they have proved time and time again. Don't ever count out a team that has Ben Wallace on it.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

To keep myself from going angry about this game I think of it as a sign.

-Pistons beat the Milwaukee Bucks in 5 in the 04 Playoffs.
    -Pistons beat the Bucks in 5 this year.

-Pistons lose 3 straight after being up 2-0 to New Jersey, but still win the series 4-3.
    -Pistons lose 3 straight after being up 2-0 on Cleveland, but still win the series 4-3.

-Pistons lose Game 1 to Indy but win the series in 6.
    -Pistons lose Game 1 to Miami...:fingerscr
  19. anakin

I have not seen anything over the last 6 games that gives me confidence that this seasons Pistons have gotten their act together. They barely squeaked by the Cavs in game 6, a rookie playoff team. The Heat are a solid team and I don't see them losing 4 in row. Maybe Game 2 will be the beginning of a change. But until then I will stick to my story. Call me pessimistic.
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Oh my God! After all this time, Lee 357's comment makes sense!

"Tashawn (Micro), technically you are correct. But in a common sense way you are very very wrong".

Shoot me now. Understanding a Leeism is a natural place to end my existence, as it seems to afford the most naturally smooth transition between life and death. :rolleyes::clock::dizzy::twitch::yield::doh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.