Round 3 Game 2 ... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not so sure. If they execute, they'll win with desire and home passion as the intangibles.

If they don't, and end up down 0-2, it's not looking like they can steal 4 out of 5 with 3 on the road.

That said, GO PISTONS!
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons can win 3 on the road if they shoot anywhere close to 50%.

No need to argue over this. It would be difficult, but not impossible. When you are playing a better team, then it becomes impossible.

We are going to win tonight. Split in Miami. Then win, win to close it in 6. Just do like the players are going to do and enjoy the ride. This is only entertainment after all. These guys are like very highly paid ballet dancers... with afros.
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Get the split today and come back atleast 2-2 from Miami and they will be OK. This game has to have a sense of urgency.
  4. max

max All-Star

I am not sure what to expect. I would imagine the Pistons will win. They still are the better team and cannot lose 2 straight at home given the circumstances - can they? They can if the offense is still slumping. Have other teams figured us out or are the P's just not moving the ball and hitting shots? Are the bread and butter plays still there but now look like crap because other teams know our offense or is the team not executing?

Stay tuned...

I could not believe all the desperation and hoplessness from the Talk Radio guys. Flip has lost the team, Ben wants out, Billups is not trying, Sheed had the worst game of his career..... on and on.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I want to wait until the end of tonights game to make a judgement, but bottom line is that a loss tonight and all of the folks who told us "not to worry" or "I am not concerned" back in March, should turn in their "Real Piston Fan" cards. I will keep one foot on the bandwagon and go to church tomorrow and pray, but I see no way of us coming back from two down going on their home court. :P

Some time after the allstar game all of the other competitive teams figured out our predictable offense and even though our D is OK??, we are now struggling against the so called elite 8 teams. :mad:

The Pistons can over come it, but they have to dig down and just play they way did when they were real champs and not play with the arrogance that "we cannot be beat" so we will give up an uncontested layup or 3 ball. I think game 2 changed when Walker and Posey came down and shot back to back threes from the left. There should be none of that tonight and no Scrub should be allowed to score like payton and Walker did.
  6. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

uh oh

:whistle:
    :bolt:
  7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

:laugh:
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

CHAT IS OPEN!
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't like how our guys play after travel.
    But we didn't call our D a bball version of the Steal Curtain for nothing.
    We know these guys can play with one foot in the grave.
    Might have to resort to some 150 point game totals.
    The way it was always meant to be.
    That said, bomb these cats!
  10. professor

these espn guys make me so mad.

"dwyane wade didn't let foul trouble keep him from lighting up the pistons in game 1".

i will give them that wade shot the lights out (9-11). but his point total was 2 below his playoff average. So i believe that would be literally a sub-par game.

so then the espn guys would say: "but he only played 27 minutes because of fouls"

and i'm thinking, well, whose fault is that? since when is accumulating offensive fouls a kind of accident of nature or an act of god?

the fact is, fouls are part of the game and playing out of control is an offensive defect of wade's (just like not being able to go left might be for another player).

the pistons did a lot of things wrong in that game (including letting wade shoot 9 of 11), but one thing they did right was exploit wade's tendency to get out of control by drawing fouls on him. as far as i could tell, none of those calls were cheap calls. they were all clearly fouls.
  11. professorspawn

professorspawn Second Round Draft Pick

(just like not being able to go left might be for another player).

I smell a Zoolander reference....:eyebrows:
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Does that mean, conversely, that if they DO win the folks who WERE worried need to turn in their "Real Piston Fan" cards?
  13. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

What the hell happened at the end? From the Yahoo boxscore, it looked like the bench gave up another huge lead in garbage time yet again.
  14. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

nope. actually miami started mauling billups and the refs swallowed thier whistles. then bevetta didn't have his ear implant turned up so he could hear tayshaun call time out. it's ok we still pulled it out with some clutch free throw shooting from chauncey.
  15. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

No sir. that was The Detroit Five who gave that lead back.

Another horrible Game 2 fourth quarter.

Another game where they checked-out after taking a 15 point lead. how pathetic is this getting.

this was almost a good game for detroit. but now there's no momentum going in to Game 3. Again.:mad2:
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL.

The close score may actually work to the Pistons benefit. It will give the Heat confidence, but keep Detroit from resting on its past laurels...I hope.
  17. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Explains everything. That man should have retired five years ago. (Just kidding about the bench.)

Tay had a great game on the boards. Only a -1 differential overall. Can't say anything until I actually watch the game, but a win's a win.
  18. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Good energy and movement for most of the game.Ben was a ball of energy out there and played very well I thought.In the 4th I didn't like the lack of movement and back to the iso crap.Bad no timeout call on the ref there and made it closer than it should have been.But it's 1-1 now and we played like we can play.At least 1 in Miami and we come back with homecourt.On a side note good deal with Flip giving the guys Wed. off cept for film and playing the bench some.The starters came out with more energy and kept it running until the 4th quarter letdown.Go Pistons!!
  19. max

max All-Star

Is bevetta the ref we always have trouble with? Seems like the Pistons were getting banged around in the final 2 mins with no calls. Prince tries to call a timeout. Billups gets fouled hard on the next in-bounds, that should have been a dead ball foul.

Oh well. Hunters steal at the end was poetic justice. Pistons pulled it out and got the win. Prince has been the main reason why we are still alive in this mini shooting slump. Looked like they had finally got out of it until the 4th quarter.
  20. professor

I think, in seriousness, you're dead on Darth. It's not at all clear to me that "momentum" is a helpful thing to Detroit from one game to the next.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.