Round 3 Game 2 ... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Oh, yeah, it does...duh. :) :caked:

Hmm, I might be up for sifting through the logs and posting highlights. I'll get back to you on that, roscoe.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'll do it. I always see stuff thats worth pulling out and sticking in a best of thread.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Cool, slippy. Should be a fun addition to the forum.

4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

wow! i still have to say i find his game pretty alluring, but otherwise, what a spoiled prick! Wade is officially off my non-Pistons b-ball affair list.

I guess that just leaves Nash.

5. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Overall this was slightly better than an ok game.
    THE GOOD:
    For 36 minutes we displayed the same ability to control the game as during the season.

We uncovered a nice match up advantage with Dice over Mourning.

Wade was made to work harder to get to the rack, despite getting there often.

Tay is playing BIG in the land of bigs and killing the opposing 3.

CB is slowly coming alive with impact plays.

Flip is exploring the bench.

Kudos to Flip for devising a few ways to make Ben a weapon on the offensive end.

Solid boardwork most of the way through.

OPPORTUNITIES FOR IMPROVEMENT:
    Value our possessions.

Never and I mean NEVER play up on Wade deep in the backcourt. He gets a step on his defender, races up court and breaks down our defense immediately.

Capitalize on transition opportunities. We looked like the Detroit Suns by turning down a layup to pitch the ball out to Lindsey at the arc. We scored only half the points our chances presented.

From the dept of oil & water comes Chauncy & drive and kick. It only seems to work on paper.

Walker on Sheed in the post is a joke. Problem is, the joke’s on us by not making the Heat pay for stupid matchups.

Not sure I would want to be one of the ref’ing crew during today’s review of the game. There should be a few fines, reprimands or whatever penalties they suffer spread evenly throughout.

6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

When Tay and Sheed averages a total of 30 pts and 20 rebounds, we win 90% of the time. Well tonight, they gave us a total of 40 pts and 18 rebounds. Great game by the forwards.

Ben was amazing all game. After watching how Davis who has height and weight superiority over Ben played defense on Shaq with limited minutes, we really underappreciate what Ben to Shaq did all game long. BBalljay, still want Dice and Sheed out there guarding Shaq???

Rip played well in the 1st half scoring 20 pts. But only 2 pts in the 2nd? What happen? Rip is a good FT shooter too, why the pass has to go to CB in the final 1:46 minutes? CB has to start makin his shots. How about pulling up for a jumper at the FT line to start things going again?

Dice should try penetrate by driving to the rim when Zo is guarding him. Dice definitely has more quickness on Zo. That's how I feel.

20 assist for Pistons. Which means that good things happen when we make extra passes. Should limit the turnovers to under 15.

7. jzchen

Did anyone heard what Wade say? I don't know if it's an American slang but English as my 2nd language, I would NEVER say something like that; "THEY WAS TIRED". How does Marquette get a student like that? Amazing. He needs to go back to high school for English 100.:laugh:

8. jzchen

Why everyone here is thinking about a split at Miami? :doh:

I don't know about you fellas but if we play the way we play last nite (except the final 1:46 minutes) and CB start making shots, we will win games 3 & 4, GUARANSHEED!:fingerscr

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

If the Pistons win Game 3, which I'm not getting cocky about, then I would hope for them to get Game 4 as well, but that would be an instance of killer instinct that this team has distinctly been lacking.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

well said lemonpen

11. professor

good summary lemon. but last night dyess looked really intimidated by mourning with the except of the play where he drove around him and went under the hoop to take zo out of the play (and then bricked the two foul shots). you think dyess can get his head right and exploit that advantage? or was there some different problem, 'cause finally, even though he got fewer than usual minutes, dyess wasn't a scoring threat last night.

12. LA Dre

roscoe ..one thing left out of the game chat excerpts that I know I said after Chauncy hit the jumper from above the foul line to give us a 83-71 lead with 2:02 left in the game

"this will longest 2 mins...till the end of the game to get this win" or something like that

well based on the ending....who knew!!!:doh:

It was still 83-71 when Wade was fouled at the 1:46 mark and he hit 2FT's . A TO by CB caused by Wade grabbing his jersey was a no call by the refs and then a silly foul by Sheed on the Glove out in the open court is what made the ending to close for comfort.

They marvel at how the Heat scored 17 in the last 1:46, that actually scored 13 in the last 56.7 seconds.:frusty:

One thing for sure we should be ready for tomorrows game as there were a lot of positives that pointed back to Pistons brand of basketball, I think the ending was just a case of us playing not to lose and the aggressive play by the heat allowed the refs to favor them on some bogus calls.

13. LA Dre

Right professor, Dice did miss three layups with Zo in his grill, and had to dunk it to get a hoop.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You are 100% right bro. I did miss that. There were over 4,000 chat messages last night, so I'm bound to miss some. If you ever need me to post something from the log, drop me a line and I'll fish it out. :)

Btw, you are doing pretty good with this prediction stuff.

15. professor

prefectly put dre. exactly as simple as that.

16. LA Dre

Just creating his site is enough for me...good job and thanks

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Several people mentioned the bad plays the Pistons made as well as the poor officiating at the end of the game. But I didn't see anything written (did I miss it?) about the way the Pistons actually moved out of the way to let the Heat (Wade, I think) just waltz to the basket and get easy uncontested, nobody within several feet layups. I thought I saw that happen at least two times if not more.

Now, I realize of course you do not want to foul (and give up three points) in that situation, but an uncontested layup in my opinion is much easier to make than a free throw for just about any player. Why in the world did the defense part like the Red Sea for the Heat? It seems like they should have made them get an extra pass or something to burn off more of the clock and increase the likelihood that the shot might be missed?

I'd like to know what you guys thought of it. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

...you silly man?....hahahaha:laugh: ...priceless!

19. professor

good point tater. i look at it as another manifestation of the "please-let-the-clock-run-out-without-us-losing" that was evident also on the offensive end. in short, they suddenly played "defense" as if they couldn't stop without fouling.

20. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

It hasn't only been Mourning. Dice has been shuffling his shoes for two series now with fake after fake. The Heat and Cavs have put longer defenders on Dice to bother the fall away J.

I was very encouraged to see how easily Dice blew past Zo, twice I believe. After reviewing film Dice is gonna realize how much separation he actually had, and the sound of footsteps will fade. Come Saturday, after being left in the dust once or twice, I expect Zo will have to back up and conceed the J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.