Round 3 Game 3 ... Pistons @ Heat

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series ?-?

Saturday May 27th, 2006
    8:00 PM

American Airlines Arena, FL

TV: ESPN
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

Your Detroit Pistons

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Ben Wallace[/td][td]Rasheed Wallace[/td][td]Tayshaun Prince[/td][td]Rip Hamilton[/td][td]Chauncey Billups[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

The Miami Heat (boo, hiss)

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]Antoine Walker[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Jason Williams[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]​

Comments?
    ~~

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Re: Round 3 Game 4 ... Pistons @ Heat

After Tay's big game, I wonder if we'll see more Wade on Tay. That was, if I recall, effective for Miami in last season's ECF. Wade is effective at stripping the ball from Tay when Tay brings it up to shoot. Miami gave Tay different "looks" on defense last season and I would expect the same on Saturday.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I wonder if going back home will help the Heat's role players, i.e. everyone outside of Shaq and Wade? They went from heroes to zeroes between Games 1 and 2. If none of those guys are producing, big trouble for Miami. But we'll see...

4. Pistonchickforever

Pistonchickforever First Round Draft Pick

I'm hoping we have this game. If the Heat come out strong because they're on home turf, then their role players better produce some points, because they did NOTHING last night.

Shaq n Wade will get their 20-25 + points, impossible stopping that from happening. The key is to stop the role players. As was mentioned, game 1 and 2 were totally different games. Game 1 the role players produced....game 2 they were shut down. It's simple!!! )))

GO PISTONS!!!

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

thankfully the heat crowd is nothing like cleveland. we can take them out of the game with some solid play.

oddly enough i'll be in canada for the weekend (windsor) and watching the game at some random bar.

6. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

The Heat took care of their business in game one. That was not their best effort in game two. The stakes go up as the Pistons try to take care of their business by getting one in Miami. My guess is that it will be game four. Which could make game three painful to watch and cause massive bandwagon abandonment. I hope that I am wrong and the Pistons find a way to bring their 'A' game every night and end this in five. That would be too easy.

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Whoever moved my message to this thread, THANK YOU! :)

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I hope we pull off what Miami did against NJ. That would be great because Sheed would get healed up. LETS DO THIS!

9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

That ain't the ruff way.That would be ideal and we'd hopefully get to rest unless the west flies through the WCF.We need to take homecourt back at the very least,2 in Miami would be great.

Someone needs to powder and diaper Wade he is getting a little fussy and hopefully it takes him mentally out of his comfort zone at home.

10. max

max All-Star

This game is huge. More huge for the Pistons since we already lost one at home. Whoever goes up 2-1 has some slack for game 4.

We got good games out of all the starters in game 3. Whatever the Piston starters do far outweighs the bench but only 3 points off the bench just is not enough.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not sure this game is huge considering that the Heat need to win both games in Miami to maintain homecourt.

Needless to say, a win is needed, and nothing would be better than ripping out the hearts of the South Beach jet set.

12. max

max All-Star

If we don't win then the Pistons go down 1-2 and have to win game 4 in Miami to avoid going down 1-3. For once I would like to see at least one non-must win game.

13. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Big game. A win would take the pressure of making Game 4 a must win. Not to mention deflating the Heat a bit, their 1-0 start changing to 1-2.

14. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I love it that the Pistons (especially Rip) are getting in Wade's head. I'm hoping we will continue to see the effects of that in turnovers.

15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Tay outplays Antione and Posey we'll be in great position to win this game. If there is a player I'm hoping has a good game its chauncey because he needs his confidence beack. If he still plays crummy I'll go with one of the Wallaces to have a good game. If Sheed has a very good game on both ends that would be huge because he hasn't been able to do that with his ankle. If Ben has a great game he's cutting and making Shaq pay for not gaurding him. This also means he's forcing Shaq to hit jumphooks instead of dunks and he's boxing him out and not letting Shaq get on the offensive glass.

Prediction: 93-91 Pistons. (I was pretty close on my last prediction I hope i'm right again.)

16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Important that we make the extra passes on offense. No standing around. Rip should come off screens and curl. No one on one. Tay should go iso when they have Walker or Posey on him. Ben should make cuts to the basket more. Dice should penetrate and drive to the basket when Zo is on him. Sheed should make Zo pay when he's guarding him.

On defense, what else but DETROIT BASKETBALL 'lock up' DEFENSE.

GO PISTONS!

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The dreaded game 3.

In Miami.

Not conducive to a Pistons victory if we go by the past.

Then again, they have a history of doing the unexpected.

I predict a 12 to 15 point loss for our boys. It may be closer, but I see a loss, irregardless.

I think game 4 is the one we have a chance to win. Backs against the wall and all...you know the routine (but will we have gone to the well once too often)? That's why I think this one takes on greater importance.

I'm truly looking forward to everyone telling me how wrong I was if the Pistons win this one (a Piston victory will more than make up for any razzing).

I believe we have the better team, but I'm not convinced we've fixed whatever it was that has been tormenting us these last couple of weeks.

I'll be at work so ESPN is unavailable, but I'll be sneaking off to find a computer and checking the scores.

Go Pistons!

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

There is a lot of questions going into this game. 2 big ones are on the Miami Heat's supporting cast and on which Pistons will show up:grouphug:. If Chauncey starts out well I think the team will do well. Come on CB:frusty::mad::smash::mad2::yell:.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Leaving Miami 2 all should be good enough. Then it becomes a best of 3 with us getting 2 at home.
    I wouldn't complain if we left there 3-1.

20. max

max All-Star

Darth - I wish I could say you are wrong. Given our team and how they usually play when they have breathing room in a series I can also see us blowing this one and going back behind the 8-ball.

I hope it does not happen. I hope the team met and decided that they are going to play the same way they did in the 1st 3 quarters of game 3 with lockdown D and sharing the ball on offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.