Round 3 Game 3 ... Pistons @ Heat

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Jzchen's prescription for our Detroit offense in Game 3 sounds pretty good to me. Also, I am so impressed that until this round 3 Miami he hasn't even been able to see the games where he is in Malaysia. Round 1 and 2 he was getting up in the middle of the night or on line at work to join us for games this playoff season. Acclimades and accolades to jzchen. :nod:

As for myself, I just want to say "More please." So :welcome: last game to see Ben get touches and score, and to see Chauncey and Rasheed wake up some from their long scoring slumber. I'm not a numbers cruncher fan yet, but common sense tells me that if Rip and Tay are our only steady scorers we can count on game in and game out, it's an uphill road all the way. :doh:

:fingerscr I hope Sheed's ankle is working itself out the way Rip's did.:fingerscr

And I hope Chauncey will drive to the basket again, get some midrange scoring again, and build some kind of offensive flow and success for himself.

I'd really just like to see some consistent execution of our offensive game. Something we could build on for the rest of our run, no matter how long it lasts. It would be reassuring to me as a devout fan as we go forward. Plus I wouldn't be so freaked out about Flip. :ohwell:

BIG BEN! RASHEED! CHAUNCEY! OH MY! :fingerscr
    BIG BEN! RASHEED! CHAUNCEY! OH MY!:pray:
    BIG BEN! RASHEED! CHAUNCEY! OH MY!:D
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Flip brought up something very interesting. What if we started scoring assists like in hockey, the pass that leads to an assist, I think that a pretty good way to calculate "Ball Movement" on offense. IMO a 2 man game with Sheed and CB that gets Sheed a trey is not indicative of good ball movement. Hopefully we'll see some really great ball and player movement where guys make the extra pass to get us some really high percentage shots.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

I couldn't agree more. I think the biggest letdown of the post-season is the new one-on-one game. When the Pistons play like everyone else, they lose. When they play like the Pistons, they can't be beat by a super star or two.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Excatly. I don`t know if this has been mentioned but during the post game interviews Wade was sulking like a baby. He remarked, "I`m not going to be like them, I am going to give them credit" We don`t need your credit you little beotch!

That is an indication that the Pistons and the media are getting in his head. What a punk!
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If anyone wants to look through the chat log (to post nuggets), PM me before noon tomorrow.
  6. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Absolutely KGreg! I couldn't agree more emphatically. :nod:

That Chauncey - Sheed 2 man game has its place, as do the post-up ISO's when there is a mismatch. But they are just like certain spices -- use them, but use them sparingly or they wreck the food. The most powerful Piston offense is the one that exploits the fact that four of the five starters are scoring threats from just about anywhere on the floor, and the fifth (Ben, I mean) will punish you with lob dunks and put backs if you double up to control the others. Everybody moving without the ball, the ball moving without hitting the floor: that's what makes us impossible to defend, generates high assist numbrs (and low turnovers) and high shooting percentages (including from beyond the arc). Anything that freezes the guys on the floor makes them into non-threats and then we are pretty easy to defend.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open!

I've got to lay down for a bit, so if I'm not in there, GOOOO PISTONS!
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

This is THE GAME for me. I will gage this as whether or not we go on to win the Finals!!!
  9. princeofdetroit

princeofdetroit Second Round Draft Pick

im new but i wanna get more chat points to chat,,,i cant chat and i feel so lost
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I didn't think it would be possible for Chauncey Billups to irritate me any more. I was wrong.
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Just how %%%%ing hard can it be to space the floor for post entry passing?

Chauncey chucked. He chucked hard. His defense was average and as a floor general he deserves a dishonorable discharge. His passing (when he chose to pass, which wasn't damn well very often) was awful.
    Rip and Delk were very good and got progressively less useful as the game went along.
    Another MVP performance from TayshaunHOF. The brilliant shooting, the dominant rebounding, especially the lockdown defense...
    Rasheed played well. The playcalling and passing isn't his fault. Great defense, good rebounding.
    Ben played a mediocre game.
    Dice and Davis played pretty good games.
    Hunter and Delfino were bad to awful.

Dan Crawford deserves a mention, but not as much as usual.

Flip tried three defensive adjustments against Wade, each of which worked for maybe two to three possessions at most.

And I loved the Hack-a-Shaq. Classy move. And well-executed, too, as Prince failed to box out O'Neal after the second miss, and of course the courteous brilliance of leaving Ben on the court so that Riley could reciprocate. :tsk:

Down 2-1 again. This should not be happening.
  12. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

ben wallace needs to sit. i've called it before mcdyess needs to play over ben wallace. we make a great comeback with mcdyess in the game. get it down to one and then flip brings in ben. ben can't hit a free throw and flip gives away at least 5 possessions trying not to hurt bens ego. if shaq isn't in the game ben wallace has no reason to be in the game.
  13. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

As usual I missed the game, but I kept an eye on the play-by-play online. It looks like we made a nice rally early in the 4th to get back in the game, but that Miami got hot in a hurry and pulled away.

What happened? Did we use up all our energy making up the deficit? Or were we simply outplayed in the endgame?
  14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Billups started missing and Wade went off.

Pretty much just being outplayed/a Pistons special chokejob down the stretch.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We got back on a couple of 3 balls by CB, and a 11-0 run to open the 4th. When we had a chance to go ahead, CB passed to Dice who came up short on a dunk and he may have been fouled. Wade goes down on the other end gets a bucket and one. The heat ran off 8 in a row and it was pretty much over.:doh:
  16. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Hmm. Miami is not simply going to go away. I think most of us already knew that, but it sure makes those 16-0? speculations before the playoffs seem highly wishful in retrospect.

I'm not sure these guys are capable of even one playoff sweep, let alone four in a row!
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

So, let's just say you get your wish and we are subsequently outscored by an additional 20 points in the paint. Will you be happy then?
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chauncey has to have confidence in his jumpshot back. He got back in rythim but he didn't move the ball around. Game 4 is on Chauncey's decision making and if I wanted a PG in a big game in the league I would choose him. Come on CB:mad:.
  19. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Guys look forward to next year when we fire flip and hopefully bring in Nate McMillan. Flip is a born loser and has no idea on how to make adjustments. Miami will win in 6 and us being the superior team. We should be ashamed of ourlelves.
  20. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

your kidding right if flip is a born loser what the hell is nate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.