Round 3 Game 4 ... Pistons @ Heat

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 1-2 Miami

Monday May 29th, 2006
    8:00 PM

American Airlines Arena, FL

TV: ABC
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

Your Detroit Pistons

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Ben Wallace[/td][td]Rasheed Wallace[/td][td]Tayshaun Prince[/td][td]Rip Hamilton[/td][td]Chauncey Billups[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

The Miami Heat (boo, hiss)

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]Antoine Walker[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Jason Williams[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]​

Comments?
    ~~

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Game 3 is over. :fingerscr:pray: lets hope Pistons win Game 4. If we lose this one imagine whats going to happen. I don't even want to think about it:fear:
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Well, he we are again, in a must win situation. Miami is playing like a team that is hungry, yet that`s what we heard from the Pistons all year long.

Wade is healthy this year and the sting of not being able to contribute in game 7 last year has motivated him in this years playoff. Shaq has looked like the Shaq of old at times, and heaven help us, GP, Walker and the role players are playing a huge part in the series thus far.

This game will be the most difficult to win for our Pistons. Down 2-1 to a motivated, hungry Heat team that is playing well. They will sense blood and will not let up. Going down 3-1 to this team will put a brutal ending to an "Indianapolis Colts" like year.

So, the Pistons better be firing on all cylinders for this one. I honestly cant say who will win this one. However, I do know we need a good effort from all our starters, not just one or two.

I will not watch the Finals if Detroit is not in it, just wouldn`t be the same.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Well Sheed is ticked at Flip from what I here. Aparently he didn't call enough post plays for Sheed when Haslem was on him. Well if this is true take Haslem in anyway Sheed.:mad:
  5. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I wonder if that was the reason that he was sitting at the scorers table by himself during that timeout.His injury has affected him,even so he is still a force inside at 80% or whatever he is.It has to be frustrating for him but the more we go along you start to see little signs that this team is losing it's glue.

We need a big night from everyone,more energy and more plain old "we want it".No prediction here,but I like our chances it's a must win down 3-1 and stick a fork in us.
  6. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I understand of course why game 4 is being called a "must win"; and I certainly go along with the idea that it's much harder to win the series if we go down 3-1.

However, strictly speaking, must win only applies when it's an elimination game. And I dont think that's just me talking. As perverse as it seems, even to me, this club doesn't seem to recognize "must win" unless it is an elimination game.

Of course I hope I'm wrong this time, or at least that they win it whether or not they see it as "must win" and I do expect them to bring it and even, I guess, to win Game 4. But I won't be shocked if we come back to the Palace down 3-1. And I won't be shocked if from there we come back to take 3 straight, ugly hard fought games.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I can see that happening, but I wouldn't prefer it. That could very likely happen though.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Of course I want Chauncey to get points especially down the strect, but every time in the playoffs when he scores 30 or more we lose. I hope we see a 20 and 8 game out of him on Monday instead of a 30 and 3 game.
  9. roscoe36

Chauncey is a good PG as long as the opponent is NOT scheming exclusively to stop him. He doesn't have the kind of game Nash does where he can dribble all around the paint, in and out for 15 seconds until a cutter comes free.
  10. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i don't agree. One day the must win will go out of our hands and we will be out. Game 4 is an elimination game to us. We need to WIN it.

11. professor

Well, for one thing, I would say that's already happened -- last year in Game 5 of the Finals. In retrospect, wasn't that a must win game?

On the other hand, I would have said Game 5 against Cleveland was a "must win" and yet we didn't (and yes, i know, miami is much better than cleveland, but we were playing even worse against cleveland in games 3, 4, 5).

Anyway, Ii the Pistons win game 4, what'll happen in Game 5? Will they have momentum, home court, and go up 3-2? Can we be sure? Or will they relax, thinking they've regained HCA, and lose to a motivated Miami team in Game 5? either way, how could we know how that will afffect a possible Game 6 in Miami, or a Game 7 back in Detroit?

that's why I take the strict definition of must win: it's must win when you must win or you are out. anything else is pure speculation based on factors that are too variable to make for dependable predictors.

alternatively, my view is that every game is a must win and that we've already blown it by losing two must win games in teh series.
  12. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I dig ya man.I guess from my point of view and other people have said this that we've gone to the well too many times.So I guess I see this as a must win because I don't feel we reel off 3 straight from Miami.But like you said and this applies to this team to a T;too many variables and we are basically to unpredictable to form a conclusion of what might happen other than it won't be easy when it comes to the Pistons.

Not by correct definition a must win but if we do lose game 4 I guess every game after that is.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think any of these final scores will make us happy.
    Ps 100
    Hs 96
    Ps 96
    Hs 92
    Ps 90
    Hs 86
    Not too close such that we are biting our nails.
  14. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

That couldn't possibly be the reason, cause it's too much like what I was yelling for.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

One good thing we can see this game. At least from our point of view. A couple of calls could go our way. I don't think they want this series to finish in 5 they want it to go the distance.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree. People can call it what they want. "A rose by another name..." and all.

Bottom line: If they lose tonight they are in some awfully deep doo doo.

I saw the Tigers knock off the Cardinals in 1968 after being down 3 games to 1, but I do not believe it will happen in this series.

Within the realm of Possibility...certainly.

Highly improbable...IMO...yes.

Win game 4! Please.
  17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is a do or die game. If the Pistons don't do, I might die!!! :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
  18. professor

well, apart from whether or not this is a "must win" game ;)

i certainly don't think it's reasonable to expect an easy win. even supposing the pistons bring their "first 40 minutes of game 2" personalities, the heat aren't going to roll over, not at home. they've just as much of an interest in winning this game as we have, obviously, not wanting to face a best of three without home court against a team that (assuming we will have) is regaining its rhythm.

i'm terrible at predicting scores, but i'd say we ought to get into the upper 80s or better yet low mid 90s for the win, and they'll be mid 80s to 90...geez that was noncommittal!!
  19. roscoe36

The trend is first one to 90 wins.
  20. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Today I want:
    12 times down, 13 times up, 0 dunks, <4 lay ups, and a bunch of times to the stripe.

Tay and Sheed with 19 FTA

to not be discussing officiating during the postgame

Billups with 13 assistices

Ben with 16 boards

Dice with a double double

Lenz with 5 steals

Delfino and Mo with 9 minutes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.