Round 3 Game 4 ... Pistons @ Heat

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I want Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess to combine for half of the Pistons' FGA.
  2. max

max All-Star

Alright onto game 4. Here we go again - another must win game. Lose this and the Pistons are extremely doubtfull to comeback.

Game 3 was about Riley effectivly adjusting to Ben and Prince. Taking away Bens post-game by sending him to the line and throwing different defensive looks at Prince. Time for Flip to adjust and actually stay ahead of the curve for a change.

Ben also seems to be trying to motivate the team to step it up. He cannot guard Shaq and still be there to bail out the rest of the team. Its too much to ask of any one player no matter who are.

At least Billups is back to his old self again. Time to find something that works against Wade and to get Sheed more involved. I would also stop using Delfino and go back to Evans. Delfino would have worked if he had not spent so much time on the bench. You can't rot a guy for so long and expect him to come in stop Wade and contribute offensivly like he used to do before the banishment.

And time to help Ben out and not let your guy glide right to the hoop. Wade will get his and Jay Williams is very quick but no excuse for letting players like Payton, Posey, etc.. have it so easy at times.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This game could quickly take them from the outhouse back to the penthouse (insert playmate jokes)... a loss and they're hanging over the Grand Canyon...
    Running out of new material... unless you want to hear about Cato's ingrown toenail... this game can't come soon enough...tic tock.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Tick Tock, LET'S ROCK THE CLOCK.

THIS IS IT.

I am pumped. I am crazy. I want to punish these wimps from South Beach. I've got warpaint on (use your imagination) and we're collecting scalps in chat tonight. No prisoners. Storm the Bastille, raze their villages, plunder their livestock (for non-sexual purposes)!!!

We need to see more of this stuff...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WORD!!Micro..........Wehhl , here's how I prepped up:
    1, Had to work 8 hrs today at Holiday Pay
    2. Came home...ran 2 miles, worked out 30 minutes
    3. Took a shower, thought of Army Girl in the Psycho scene coming at me with a knife (She-reekREEk Reek REEK!)...thing is...I LOVED IT!
    4. Went to the Forum...just saw Phat Albert hit a 3run HR vs Astros...man-crush!
    5. Started a new flavor beer...for change of pace,,,Shiner's (A texas beer)
    6. I hope the team is as intense as we are!!!!!!!
    Remember this:

" Hey...I luv U Guys!":nod:
  6. roscoe36

Chat is open.

Rally 'round the family.
  7. Pistonchickforever

Pistonchickforever First Round Draft Pick

Of course I hope I'm wrong this time, or at least that they win it whether or not they see it as "must win" and I do expect them to bring it and even, I guess, to win Game 4. But I won't be shocked if we come back to the Palace down 3-1. And I won't be shocked if from there we come back to take 3 straight, ugly hard fought games.

This playoff Piston team, unfortunately, does not look like the same Piston team that could weather a 3-1 deficit and work back, it's very sad but realistic to admit this.

That being said, I consider tonights game a MUST WIN for this team!
    GO PISTONS!!! Come back to the Palace 2-2 and destroy this Heat team!! :fingerscr
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Plus we always do our thang on ABC!!! We can ...we will!
  9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm pretty nervous- a win is extremely important (as always) since I don't think this team's able to bounce back and avoid elimination like in the CLE series-
    the Heat are better than the Cavs and the motivation after a loss would be way down since it seems to be on a low level already.
    I want to see the no-fly-zone again, Wade can't score that easily, that's just sick, that ain't Detroit basketball. Shaq shouldn't make more than 20pts, get him some early fouls, make him word hard for every basket.
    If Sheed or Ben should be playing poorly--> roll' the Dice, Flip!!! If Tayshaun runs out of Gas without doing anything--> get Fino in!!!
    If CB plays poorly, we're having a serious problem- he barely needs to step up since he hasn't shown being worthy all these MVP- considerations in the postseason.
    one last sentence-
    I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS TEAM BECOMING A WEAKER VERSION OF THE 2004 LAKERS. I WANT TO SEE THE FUNDAMENTALS THE FANS LOVE EM' FOR:
    HEART
    HUSTLE
    DEFENSE THAT MAKES EVERY SO CALLED STARPLAYER AFRAID OF DISAPPOINTING THE MEDIA
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Chauncey was just interviewed on NBATV... he gave the game plan...
    • Start the game posting up himself, Tayshaun & Sheed... play the inside out game instead of settling on jump shots.
    • On Wade... send someone at him early...agressive traps try to take the bal out of his hands... with some "clean hard fouls"
    • On Shaq try to push him out just a little farther instead of letting him get into his low post sweet spots (good luck with that one).
  11. roscoe36

Ben could always "goose" him. The only problem is, his hand might get swallowed up in the fatty expanse that is Shaq's humungous rump. :laugh:
  12. Pistonchickforever

Pistonchickforever First Round Draft Pick

:fingerscr Looks like another nail biter game. I have confidence in this team, I hope they do too. Their offense isn't going well so far, come on Pistons!!!
  13. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

how does flip just stand there and watch the lead grow to 10 without calling a timeout.
  14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Once again Lindsey Hunter's decision-making was notably better than Chauncey's, except for 5-6 plays at the beginning of the third quarter. Lindsey was faster than Chauncey at initiating the offense, and actually got the ball to the wings and post in positions where they could make plays or score instead of make turnovers and throw up fadeaways.

I have nothing but good things to say about Dale Davis. A hard foul on Wade - I could kiss the man.

The Pistons' team defense was abominable throughout, and the times Flip went to zone to bail them out made me sick.

But, and this "but" was the nail in the coffin, that fifth foul on Rasheed was absolute, complete, %%%%ed-in-the-ass by the NBA, unmitigated goddamn bull%%%%.

I'm sure there's more, but I don't have the stomach to go into it just now. This team is well and truly done.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's commonly referred to as "The deer caught in the headlights" syndrome.

:eek:
  16. GIE

GIE Second Round Draft Pick

Flip stinks as a coach maybe they can get Laimbeer next season. The best thing he did was go to the zone in the 3rd and the Pistons took the lead so what does he do then, go back to man to man. To many Pistons were affraid to shoot the ball, Ben all the time and even Rip on the break against Shack. Take it right to him and make him foul. I can't stand to watch them anymore. Where is Elden? Why didn't Joe bring him back this year?
  17. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

A comeback being 3-1 down against the Heat while possible is not realistic. Looks like the Pistons will be heading for an early offseason. Not really upset like previous game. The writing was on the wall for this team and coach. Flip doesn't have the respect of his players and the players themselves forgot how to execute. God, I hope this team is not a one hit wonder. Everything is measured in championships.
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember back to a year ago, when we were calling out LB for being out coached, not making the right subs at the right time and for having such a stagnant offense.

:mad2:

Well, look what difference a year has made. LB is long gone and Flip is being out coached, is making bad/no subs and our O is vomit inducing.:puke:

The only difference is that LB knew when to take a time out, and when he did, our next possesion was almost always automatic points.

:frusty:
  19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I guess all those assumptions about Flip Saunders is correct. He is an excellent regular season coach, lousy at playoff coaching that involves game to game adjustments and establishing a good player rotation.

There is a co-worker who repeatedly said that when it comes down to it the Pistons will miss LB. He said this even when the Pistons looked like world beaters during the regular season. I thought he was nuts.

I have to face this guy tomorrow morning. Is he a freakin prophet or what, I might ask him what the lotto numbers will be this week.

Well after saying that I still believe this series will go 7 games, only God knows what will happen in that 7th game. I know for a fact it will not be over in game 5 at The Palace. If it does end in game 5 Joe D should fire Flip during the post game interview and start shopping CB immediately.

It seems CB and Flip were the only ones on the same page. Overall Chancey`s play and Flip`s coaching caused turmoil on the court, resulting in confusion and controversy.

I will watch the NBA Playoffs until the Pistons are eliminated and then my basketball season will be over.

I just received a new `78 Throwback Piston Jersey, I am embarrased to wear it at the moment.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Why did Micro leave u out? I dont know..He wwas real NyQuil/Preperation Xish 2nite,,,thanks to Flip!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.