1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Round 3 game 6 - Friday June 2 Pistons at Miami

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This is not the end of the run. But we need to add pieces. Our guys are not the new (fast) kids on the block. We need to mix in some youth and an experienced scorer. But we are not ready for the developmental league yet. Rip's comments were right on.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My darn internet connection went down at half time, so I wasn't able to get back into chat and vent. :frusty:

That was by far the worst effort - in the most important game of the year - that I've seen the Pistons play in years.

I'm sick of the underdog/backs against the wall crap on this team. We need players that can get it up BEFORE it gets to that point, so we don't have to waste so much damn energy climbing back out of the hole we've dug ourselves.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I agree with lapiston. This isn't the end of the run, just a pit stop. We've got to do some retooling in the offseason and we'll be back next season to get some revenge!

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Heat simply wanted it more. I don't buy the two stars crap. The Pistons simply did not match intensity in 4 games of this series. They did not bring A grade efforts, and we've gotten fat and happy as fans watching them toy with teams, assuming that the check would never come due.

This is a good reality check for some of these players, and I hope the arrogant coach and beyond-reproach front office. I'm not a hater by any means (look around) but this whole year bothered me despite the face of bravado and cheer I put on, sometimes due to obligation and other times, my own weak denial of my instincts.

McDyess was just interviewed on WDFN, he's destroyed inside. He said that he doesn't think he will ever get another shot at a title. It was a depressing interview to hear.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I feel so bad for Dice. He seems like the nicest guy in the world. He's been through a lot to try and get back to playing ball again. I really hope he gets his ring.

5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Micro, what did Dyss say. I really wanted him to get a ring.

6. roscoe36

He mumbles a lot. He's like the most soft spoken dude you have ever heard.

I'm trying to dig deep to remember.

* Felt that he knew early in the year that they could not win a title with offense, that shots are not always going to fall (specifically jumpshots) and then you would have to go to something else (implying defense).

* That they say that it's very hard to get back to the Finals, and he feels like he will never get another shot.

* That he is absolutely stunned that they went down (went out?) like this.

That's all I can remember bro. Hopefully I can get a copy of the interviews tomorrow. I'll be sure to post it, so remember to come by tomorrow night.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah Dice sounded real down...but not down enough to be asked be traded to the Heat in the off season like that ZO bandwagoner or the Glove.

All props to the better team (this time) Heat, but I hope they get swept by the Mavs. They were 0-2 vs both the Mavs and Suns this past season.....but then again they were 1-3 vs the Pistons:mad: Hope the Mavs take care of business tomorrow so that Josh Howard gets plenty or time to rest his ankle. Boy if only Sheed had the 3-4 days to rest his:ohwell:

8. max

max All-Star

Its easy to feel for Dyess but keep in mind that he makes 6mil/yr. Keep that in perspective. He never has to worry about the everyday life issues that the rest of us do.

If anyone hears why Ben sat out the 4th I would love to hear it. Waiting for the news stories.

Reality check? absolutly. This failure is just as much on Dumars shoulders as the players and coach. I hope the local press is able to get through the Stalinistic attitude of the Piston front office and ask the tough questions. We never get the whole story on issues.

9. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

My heart is broken... We have the best 5 on the court...i hope they come back together next year.... I feel inside that something will change in next year's Pistons... Hope not

If there would be a change... I hope it is the coach... YES THE COACH...

He is a soft coach that cannot lead five aggressive guys like our pistons. We need someone like LB or Phil Jackson. Some one who can contain Rasheed, or Ben. Someone who can impose the attitude. Remember, Rasheed is the only player who took the 17 techs this year. This did not happen with LB.

You know... one time i was in the chat room, after winning game one against Cleavland, i told Roscoe i am worried, because we won with hitting 11 3's... this will not happen all the time. and now, i feel that the pistons lost it because i said this before... as if i carry some of the guilt...

Anyway, the record is still huge... make it 4 times to the eastern finals, NBA champs, 2 times to the NBA finals best record 64 wins... you cannot stop listing

Till next season...

GOOO Pistons...

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i wouldn't want LB back, but Phil Jackson would be great for the team especially the Wallaces. Too bad he takes up money and then we'd be paying 3 coaches at once:doh:.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

At least we shook hands, but I think we did that because there iss 3-4 years left for us unlike the badboys who new there run might be over.

12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Jammer, I'm thinking about getting a posse together to go down to Orlando, steal Darko's title ring and give it to Dyess. Even though Dyess wasn't here in 2004, he deserves a ring more than Darko, who contributed nothing to Detroit while he was here besides a sour attitude.

13. roscoe36

This is an interesting proposition.

14. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

You are absolutely right on both points. Regarding your second point, I think the Detroit press is too weak (and too interested in preserving access) to break through that barrier and ask the tough questions (or seek out insiders who are willing to leak). It is amazing to me after all these years that the press has still not gotten to the bottom of why Davidson reneged on making Isaiah the GM of the Club. We do not know very much about the Carlysle and Brown departures either.

15. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

What's overlooked is that we likely could have gotten Jameer Nelson during the Orlando trade--that might have come in handy in hindsight. (of course, hindsight being 20/20.) but he did look pretty good this year, and him combined with Lindsey may have been a good second unit backcourt (although short).

He gets the ball and pushes it up quickly.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I thought God would have to interfere with the nba to stop the Spurs and Pistons from getting to the Finals let alone neither of them making it their.

17. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

IMO this wasn't a failure. We got beat by a better team.
    Their role players played great. It was about time that Williams woke up. He has been pretty much useless the whole playoffs except for 1 game againt Chicago way back in the first round.

It sucks that we did so well during the season to get home court advantage just to lose it.

18. roscoe36

Never feel guilt my friend. You cheered and supported the team as best you could. You are a championship quality fan.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

god did...ooops i'm sorry...that was stern and stu in those white robes carrying LeBron on their backs!

20. roscoe36

Antonio McDyess post game presser attached. MP3 audio.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.