Roy Williams for draft pick and Troy Smith?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Jumpman313G, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Roy's been having a bad attitude though.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The way I see it, there are a number of reasons why we should trade him:

1. He's due to be a free agent at the end of this season and unless the Lions franchise him (over pay him for a 1 year deal), I doubt very much that he'll re-sign with us. We should try and get something for him now before he's gone with no compensation. It isn't like he's the difference between us winning and losing this season.

2. Calvin Johnson is better, faster, taller, younger & humbler.

3. WR is a skill position. We need to build from the trenches first. Having 2 top WRs is pointless if the O-Line can't block and the D can't keep the opponent out of the end zone. In order to improve in those areas, we need to trade someone with value.

4. Why would any other team want the worst team in the league's worst players?

5. His attitude sucks. Rod has slowly been getting rid of players with bad attitudes, Dre Bly, Shaun Rogers, etc.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jamm, Rod's Dee, his specialty, gives up 31 pts a game. If Roy doesn't want to be here don't over pay to keep him.
    -
    Any player worth his weight should be every hostle to losing. Any coach worth a Pro job should be 8-8 in 2 seasons. F' this rebuild S'. Rebuild after 2 SB runs.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

With the Lions, it isn't a rebuild, it's just a build.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. I'm not saying that we should over pay him, I'm saying that we would have to over pay him if we wanted to keep him past this season.

I don't think we should. I think we should trade him now before we lose him for nothing.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Dump him AND his stinking attitude.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

With the history of this franchise since the Fords bought it I no longer blame the players and umpteen coaches.

Though I hope FMC survives, I also hope the Fords feel squeezed enough to sell the Lions.