Roy Williams Pulls a Sheed

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

From the Free Press:

"We will win this game," Lions wide receiver Roy Williams told reporters Monday. "You all can take that as a guarantee or whatnot, but we will win this game."

That's all well and good, but I think the guy needs to get his own game under control 1st.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I don't think he should be making guarantees. Sheed's a wily veteran and in a 5-man game, you can control the action more. RW ain't squat until he's squat.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Roy Williams is on The Lions. Rasheed is on the Pistons.
    Roy Williams average WR. Rasheed all star PF, and one of the best overall PF's in the league.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Does this mean Martz has committed to go to Roy this Sunday???

Hmmmmmm........maybe Williams knows something we don`t.....
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Roy Williams...??? What a crazy-azz thing to say before meeting da Bears in Chicago after they shutout Fav-ruh in GB. I'm sure his quote is posted prominently in the Bears locker room. I predict next Sunday's blowout of the Lions to be in the top-10 of the many humiliating losses the Lions have experienced in the last 50 years.

To set an example for the rest of the team, I hope Marinelli puts Roy's butt on the field for the entire game to PERSONALLY deal with the consequences of his big mouth. I'd make him play every down on special teams too. Put-up...or shut-up, Mr. prima-donna first round draft pick.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't stand it when players pull that crap. ESPECIALLY a player that hasn't proven he can bring it on every down, for a team that has the worst record in the entire league over the past 5 years.

JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!
  7. jammertime

8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I agree with everything you said in your post and would just like to add that Roy needs to understand that Chicago has owned the Lions the past 3 seasons so unless he is going to catch 10 passes for 150 yards and 3 TD's he needs to shut his mouth.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Now that's funny stuff. :pound:

I would agree that it is pretty ridiculous for someone to be guraranteeing a victory when the organization has so much to prove. I would be happier if he guaranteed effort! We've seemed to have lacked alot of that the past couple of years.
  10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Do we still have Mike Williams on the roster?
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes. He is surgically attached to the bench, Darko-style.
  12. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, it was a totally stupid thing to say. On the other hand. Maybe it will be a turning point for Roy. Maybe it will motivate him to have a breakout game. If we win and he backs it up with a breakout game, I'll forgive him for it. No doubt Chicago will be fired up. If we pull out a win, maybe we could gain a psychological advantage over them in the future. If I had to bet money, I'd have to say Roy will eat those words and will look extremely foolish.
  13. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

He should have thought before blurting out comments. He backed off his original statement and Sheed, even when they lost after a gauranSheed never backed off and sounded skeered.:bigeyes:
    I'm a homer and will watch the Bears defense dominate them this weekend. Lovie Smith said the Lions were so close to putting up alot of points against the Seahawks but the Bears defense is much much better and it has shown the last couple of years against us.[sign]Shutup and play Roy[/sign]
  14. jammertime

The guy is at it again. WHAT AN IDIOT!

ESPN.com - NFL - Score bored: Lions' Roy Williams plays to strike pose

There are 2 things that really piss me off in this article.

1. That he didn't learn his lesson about making bold predictions.

2. That he doesn't care what the score is that he's more concerned about celebrating his small accomplishments.
  15. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Everytime he caught a pass for the first down, he would throw his finger out signaling he got a first. It looked pretty bad when the score was 34-7 and he was still doing it. He should of made the L sign for loser...
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They were gunna nail him for it on WDFN 1130 AM today and he missed (skipped?) his interview date...
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yep. That says it all. Except I would add that he is a :censored: idiot!!!!!
  18. jammertime

Did you catch the side bar in that article about Mike Williams?

I don't know what to believe anymore. Are Marinelli and the rest of the coaching staff really not letting Mike Williams know whats up? I find that hard to believe. I'm more inclined to believe its Mike Williams who isn't listening. But what if it isn't? What if Mike Williams really IS in the dark? Are they really giving up on him after only 1 season?

Man, this team is a freaking joke.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I can't think of a worse time in Lions history. That's saying a whole lot.

We are in the darkest of the dark ages of Lions football. The last 45 years have been like slowly being sucked into a black hole. Well, congratulations. We've finally arrived. I don't think it gets any worse than this. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get out.

Thank you Matt Millen. Thank you Mr. Ford.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". ----Albert Einstein----
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That's why I can't wait till B-ball season. At least the Pstons will put up a fight, and if thins go really well there is a possibility for a championship. the Lions can't stop embarresing themselves and it's pathetic.

The Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers, and Shock all were right there for the championship. That's just amazing, but it looks like the Lions won't play along.