1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Roy Williams Pulls a Sheed

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN do their "Just Shut Up" award every week at this time, and this morning, the finalists were Roy Williams and Pete Rose, who's apparently started signing baseballs with the phrase "I'm sorry I bet on baseball." Show listeners vote online to determine the winner, and it was Williams, with almost 80% of the vote!

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was just checking out MLive and they have an interview that they did with him today. Not sure why he missed Monday, but here it is from today.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Thanks for the link.

I gotta say this for Roy...either he ain't got a clue...or HOPEFULLY some of his BS will rub off on the crew...LOL!

F@&% ME!!! There's that word again...hope.

4. jammertime

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

6. jammertime

The guy just doesn't get it.

I was blasting him the other day for not showing emotion and looking like he didn't care, but this wasn't what I had in mind.

Making guarentees only fuels the other team and has absolutely ZERO credibility - especially in a sport like Football, when there are 50+ other guys that will also decide the outcome.

Celebrating first downs when you're getting destroyed sends the message "Hey, look at me. I'm good and I don't care what the score is."

Cheering it up after scoring a TD when you're down by 50 (he didn't do this, but said in the interview that he would and that there's nothing wrong with it) screams "Its all about me baby!".

I'm sure that guys like Cory Schlesinger, Dominic Raiola, Damien Woody and Jared DeVries don't agree with his antics. We need more guys like this and less guys like Charles Rogers and the Williams sisters. Heck, I'd rather have guys like Joey "Blue skies" on this team. Say what you want about him, but he was a competitor and a true professional.

7. jammertime

There's an article on MLive today stating that 3 seperate coaches have had multiple conversations with Mike about their expectations and what he needs to do better.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

The only thing that I don't agree with is that they activated Az after only a couple of days of practice. Even though he only got in for 1 or 2 plays, it sends the wrong message.