Rumor: Boozer says he's signing with Detroit or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, May 31, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

link - Rumor: Carlos Boozer to Detroit or New Jersey - Full-Court Press

This would be a step in the right direction...if he can stay healthy. He'd give us the legitimate inside presence that we lack. He's a consistent 20-20 man...an all-star...an olympian...etc...etc...etc.

Then maybe we could still get Bosh through a sign and trade with either Prince or Hamilton and Maxiel or Johnson...and replace the man we lose with either Turkoglu (Marvin Williams?) or Gordon?

C: Boozer, Brown
    PF: Bosh, Johnson/Maxiel
    SF: Prince/Turkoglu, Sharpe
    SG: Hamilton/Gordon, Afflalo
    PG: Stuckey, Bynum

might be good enough to get past the cavs?

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

We are not getting Bosh and Boozer IMO. It's one or the other.

3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Plus, one of them would be playing out of position and if you thought our frontline defense was bad this year... you ain't seen nothing yet.

4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

From all indications, signing Boozer is a crap shoot and way far from sure help.

5. blueadams

some really, really poor responses here.

#1) Bosh and Boozer's game's are in NO WAY incompattible. Boozer is an inside banger. Bosh is a mid-range finesse shooter. If you don't know that, you haven't watched much of one or the other. Defensively speaking, Boozer's short to guard a lot of center's, but Bosh is 6-11 - about the same height as Kwame, Chandler, Kaman, etc. - and he's a great shot blocker/rebounder. He could guard tall centers.

6. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

You know what? What the hell..

throw the dough at him. And then throw some smaller dough at a thug Center who boxes out and bags bodies. he won't need much of an offensive game anyway.

7. blueadams

such as?

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean it's a really, really poor response. It's all just wild speculation at this stage.

9. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

They are all over.

Just don't give him Erick Dampier money.

10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I just hope he lands in NJ instead.

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Boozer or David West are the preeminent undersized PF's in basketball. Get it done Joe!

12. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Let us not forgot the lessons there to be learned from great free agent signings in the past. Here is just a small sample. To be read with the Beatles classic "(Money) Can't buy me love" playing in your head...

Tracy "First Round" McGrady - Orlando
    Grant Hill - Ouch, Orlando again
    Carlos Boozer - What exactly did the Jazz accomplish with him on board?
    Baron Davis - Owes Blake Griffin a big apology
    Elton "Short-neck" Brand - Philly is great without him.

"Can't buy me love
    Everybody tells me so
    Can't buy me love
    No, no, no, no"

Ironically, some of the best FA signing's in recent times have been made by the Magic, in Lewis, Turkoglu, and Pietrus, but it's that much easier when you have a stud at the 5 to build around.

If Joe cannot get a "sure thing", which I do not believe Boozer or Rue Paul are, then he will simply acquire "value-for-money-type" assets until an opportunity presents itself.

13. StanFromTheD

StanFromTheD Second Round Draft Pick

I have to respectfully disaggree. I think that they are compatible. Ever heard of an inside/outside or High/Low attack. Doesn't matter anyway because I don't think that we can afford them both. Boozer will command a max contract this summer. And Bosh will be the premier post free agent next summer. I would definetly go after Boozer. Dude is a 20-10 machine. Earnie Kander would cure him of any nagging injuries. I would also try to sign the Birdman Chris Anderson. We are in desperate need of a shot-blocker and energy guy. He was 2nd in blocks coming off the bench!!!
    We could probably sign those 2 and still have money for next summer's fire sale.
    How would this starting line up look?
    C Chris Anderson
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Tashawn Prince
    SG Rip Hamilton
    PG Rodney Stucky

14. StanFromTheD

I have to respectfully disaggree. I think that they are compatible. Ever heard of an inside/outside or High/Low attack. Doesn't matter anyway because I don't think that we can afford them both. Boozer will command a max contract this summer. And Bosh will be the premier post free agent next summer. I would definetly go after Boozer. Dude is a 20-10 machine. Earnie Kander would cure him of any nagging injuries. I would also try to sign the Birdman Chris Anderson. We are in desperate need of a shot-blocker and energy guy. He was 2nd in blocks coming off the bench!!! We could probably sign those 2 and still have money for next summer's fire sale.

How would this starting line up look?
    C Chris Anderson
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Tashawn Prince
    SG Rip Hamilton
    PG Rodney Stucky

15. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

We can probably spend our money better otherwise if the situation presents itself. How often do situations present themselves? That is why I would go for the combination of the two if this is the best we can do.

Combination of Bosh/Boozer would make for a compatible front line in a non-traditional lineup due to Bosh playing slightly out of position at the Center and Boozer being undersized at 6'9" with defensive deficiencies at the 4. I would go for the combination of the two with a few more minor changes such as three-point shooting, if this is the best we can do as far as trades and signings for next season.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That would be amazing if we got both those guys. Positions be damned. Can always get Kwame as a plug-in defensive true center if we need one against certain teams.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Summer of 2010 might be the next time Bosh goes into the post.

18. StanFromTheD

Good Point Ernie.... LOL
    But I meant post as a broad description of his position. But I will defend Bosh because IMO he has gotten tougher because of his Olympic experience. I still think it will be next to impossible to lock up Bosh And Boozer. The salary cap is expected to shrink. Alot of teams are jockying for position to be players in Summer 2010. There will be more competition to sign Bosh then it is to sign Boozer now. A trade for Bosh would be more likely but at what cost? We would certainly have to include Rip or Tay in any deal for Bosh. This would leave another glaring hole to be filled.

19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like the Boozer signing. Ironically there is bad blood between him and LEshame.

I like the pairing of Boozer and Bosh, however, I also like to see him along with Kaman.

20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'd have no problem with trading Rip for Bosh.