RUMOR: Maxiell & Kwame for Tyson Chandler trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by coynejeremy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Chandler is an addict of some sort?
  2. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Is Chandler that big of an improvement over Kwame? Don't think so, adding our back-up PF to the deal makes it that much worse.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Chandler is a big improvement over Kwame. He can rebound and block shots. And he doesn't seem to drop the ball.
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

He is an upgrade for sure. Especially with the rest of this roster. We need a true team defender in the paint. Kwame is great at defending his own man, but it's Rodney, Ben, and CV's that I'm worried about. Chandler is much better at that.

That said, I would probably rather keep both of them. Kwame's post D is very useful.
  5. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

I like very much the trade,but the main problem is that Chandler is a injury prone and his durability is in question.I don't think this trade will happen,but I'll take Chandler over Maxiell and Brown any day.
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

The best part for me would be getting rid of Maxiell's fat contract and therefore I actually remain sceptical, the other side do not want it probably from financial perspective either( in spite of fact that fans actually like Maxi).
  7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Plus Chandler has bigger hands. Kwame's hands looks like kitten paws.
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah even with the small hands, Kwame remains a pretty good backup and appears to work very hard on the defensive end.
  9. G-man

G-man Starter

Report: Detroit Pistons sign Deron Washington to guaranteed contract

Posted by Dave Dial July 03, 2009 00:01AM

Deron Washington's coach at Virginia Tech has stated that the Detroit Pistons and Deron Washington have agreed to a guaranteed contract.
    July 3, Daily Press: Virginia Tech head coach Seth Greenberg posted on his Twitter account that former Hokies standout Deron Washington has signed a guaranteed contract with the Detroit Pistons, who selected him 59th overall (second round) in the 2008 NBA draft.​
    This was sent to me via email by Full-Court Press reader Erik S., who also speculated that the Pistons signing Washington to a guaranteed contract could mean that he is involved in a trade that will be consummated July 8th, when free agents can sign and teams can begin making trades.

Moves like that(signing players like Washington to guaranteed contracts) are often made when one team has to send back a certain amount of money back in a trade. For example, if Detroit is $4 million under the cap after signing Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva and were to get involved with the Hornets in a trade for Tyson Chandler, the Pistons would have to send back a certain amount of salaries in order to make it work.

Chandler makes $12.2 million dollars, and the Pistons might be $4 million under the cap so a straight salary dump couldn't work. Stay tuned...
  10. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

Chandler is a better defender, but I think we are all underrating his value on the offensive end as well. Tyson Chandler can:
    1) Catch the ball
    2) Dunk the ball

When was the last time the Pistons had a big that would do that? And with Stuck, Gordon, and Bynam driving the paint, having a big that can do that would be a major asset. It seemed that half of Chris Paul's assists came from driving the lane and dumping to Chandler.
  11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The contribution that Chandler gave to the Bulls squad during one of their playoff runs (the one that I remember, not sure which year) was very Ben Wallace-like.

He blocked shots, bothered shots, broke up passes, and crashed the boards like a madman.

I'd do this for sure.
  12. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

I saw that announcement too, and wondered why we would do it. Washington is not an NBA talent. But I think you've connected the dots here G-man.

He's going to be included in a trade. Might not be Chandler, but there's a trade coming.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Best block ever: Tay on Reggie...Ben on ShaQ!!

How soon we forget.....
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He's definitely an improvement, and even if he wasn't, we'd still need the front court depth.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Ben on Shaq was the best block I've ever seen. So very few times has Shaq been blocked on a dunk attempt, and what made that one even more special is Ben had to come flying in there (after Shaq had committed an offensive foul to move Sheed out of the way) to get to that shot.

And oh yeah... he threw Shaq and the ball to the ground, got the jumpball and then won the tap. Awesome stuff. :rockon:
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

he's prime for passes right underneath the basket. Stuckey and him would develop a very good chemistry IMO.

This probably won't happen and i'm already getting my hopes up.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How are Chandler's hands around the mezzanine? Something tells me he might notice a difference between the passes CP threw him and the ones Stuckey will be attempting.
  18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Some guys can "go get it" and some guys have hands that make Cliff Robinson look like a brain surgeon.

[​IMG]

There is a difference.
  19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't get it
  20. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I really hope we get Chandler. If we get him for as little as Max and Kwame that would be awesome. That's basically giving them nothing. I love Max, but he's inconsistent and can't rebound. Chandler would be a huge step up.