RUMOR: Maxiell & Kwame for Tyson Chandler trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by coynejeremy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would miss Kwame. I liked him. He worked hard and seemed to be a good character guy.
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Cliff Robinson bumbled passes out of bounds with the best of them.

That's when he actually got his hands on them, and didn't just watch as they sailed past his face.
  3. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't want Chandler. The guy is injury-prone. He'll probably play the first 20 games but after that he'll be out for the rest of the season or he'll be fine until the post-season and be injured!! I want Kwame and JMax.
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'm not going to say that injuries are of no concern. However, in the 4 season prior to last year, Chandler missed an average of 4.5 games per year (As I've brought up previously). Not to mention, we've got Arnie. Remember, Dice's career was over until he met Arnie.

It's worth the relatively small risk (2 year contract), for the upside of having a youngish, long, athletic center that can play some good help D and rebound. Especially if we're getting off the hook on Max's contract in the process.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

True dat my friend. When you actually pull Chandlers stats aside from last year and his second year (when his body was still very young) he hasn't missed that many games.
  6. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

Mike Abdenour & Arnie Kandor = MVP
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not very high on this trade.

Maxiell and Kwame are solid, if unspectacular. Chandler has some physical problems and you make this trade still needing another center (even if only a backup). Which you will need with Chandler.

I favor looking into Dalembert (age 28). He is not happy in Philly. He is solid center and will stick around the paint which means that the center is covered for the pistons. Contract is workable with both Tay (trade for PG) and Rip (a Philly product) that will fit into the Philly offense or defense, as the case may be. Philly is going nowhere with the long-term contracts of Brand and Iguodala.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Allright, would you do this one:

Rip+Maxiel for Brand? It's obvious that Philly has buyers remorse on this one. Now $$$ wise Brands contract won't strap us anymore than Rip&Max's are going to do over the next 3 years, we could throw in Walter Sharpe to free up some more cap room, this trade would put us under the cap by $6M, enough to sign McDyess again, upfront we'd have:
    Kwame / Brand / Dyess / CharlieV. Not Bad folks, not bad.
  9. JKP

JKP Second Round Draft Pick

Why not Oberto and Max ??
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They'd be a little thin on the wings, but this really is pretty good presuming you could play CV at the 3 along with Brand and Kwame.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Because we waived Oberto's contract and even if we didn't that trade would need to satisfy the 125% rule and it doesn't.
  12. pass99

Let us stay with apples-on-apples. We need a center and a sufficient backup to make the playoffs and beyond the first round. Hence, the reason for Dalembert. This is a very clean transaction and unfortunately, there are no centers that will get anyone excited. I am being a pragmatist on this one.

Brand is not a clean transaction, but I really like what he brings around the post area. A mere 6-9 that has a 7-3 wingspan and pure athlete. He is 30 years old and if his luck changes, will be a better Sheed at age 34...so go figure (who had a dead zone the last 3 years). He also would solidify a young group surrounding him and does not bring the mental baggage that Rip brings. Let us not forget, this team (including CV and BG) still is searching for a leader. I have no doubt, Brand will be wearing a sticker reading: Team Leader.

In short, if I was JD, I would go for it.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Do We Really? Everybody says that, but let's take a look at the "Centers" on the teams that got to the 2nd rd of the Playoffs (In the East):

Bos: Perkins / ????
    Clev: BigZ, Now-Shaq
    Atl: Horford/Pachulia
    Orl: Superman/Gortat

Hmmm, maybe you're right, but I'm confident in Dyess' and Kwame's ability to contain and control all of them save Superman and a motivated-healthy Shaq.

Exactly!!! So why just, Get 1-To-Get 1???

Ok, that wrap up confused me......U-N-or-Out?
  14. pass99

In short, if I was JD, I would go for it.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ya know, this Elton Brand thing really has me thinking. I think we should really try and get the guy.

We could use our remaining $4M to sign Dyess.
    Next we can do a 3 team deal (Det / Philly / NewOrl) that's a win-win-win for all 3 teams.
    Detroit gets Tyson Chandler and Elton Brand.
    Philly gets Tayshaun Prince (or Rip, but preferrably Tayshaun) and Jason Maxiel.
    New Orleans gets Kwame Brown.

This deal actually works by the numbers and can be done. We solve our frontcourt issues in a major way. Philly gets to undo the Brand debacle. NewOrl's shaves $8.5M off their payroll, word is that they are willing to trade Chandler for Ben Wallace's $14M expiring deal but are exploring other options 1st, Kwame-at this point in time- is alot better than Ben.

C'mon Joe get Branew Rasta:
    PG: Stuckey / Bynum
    SG: Gordon / AA
    SF: Tay-or-Rip / Rooks
    PF: Brand / CharlieV
    C: Chandler / Dyess
  16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Why wouldn't Philly's debacle turn into Detroit's debacle?
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You don't know, you never know, it's not an exact science, but I'd take a chance on it.

Very funny Roscoe, you can't even compare those 2 high maintenance so-n-so's to Elton, Elton is actually humble, unlike those 2.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm just sayin', we're 50/50 gambling on Philly. And if you believe in sequences, we're due for our next Philly break.
  20. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

Yep... Brand just doesn't fit. Phily learned how to play a certain way and started to excel playing that way. Bringing in Brand put a bit of a monkey wrench into that... They never really used him the right way.