RUMOR: Rip for Boozer trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by coynejeremy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

howcome coaches don't raise their coaching in order to earn a nice next salary? must be some union thing.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

What it could possibly mean, is that if someone posts something like this under the guise of objectivity.... someone else might challenge that supposed objectivity and ask them why they have never made a big deal out of this.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

They do. That's why they don't play rookies or develop guys sometimes...they need to max wins. short term gain to secure their job or the next job.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ya, this.

The incentives for a coach are shorter than a player, given that coaches rarely get contracts more than 3 or 4 years in length, and there is a lot of competition for their jobs.

5. G-man

G-man Starter

6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Millsap got Billups-ed by Utah.

7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

OH.....Sorry:bolt:

8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  9. roscoe36

lmao @ Gordon has become Iverson.

The interwebs are full of haters.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    You think?

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Guys, here is the question, is Gordon more of an impact player than Billips at this stage? I think his impact might be more now at their respective ages. I really wanted Gordon--I think he was the prize of the free agency. If I am wrong, I will be lining up to admit it but I expect a lot--he can flat out score which is a nice thing.

I love Rip but I do think he should be dealt. Joe made a decision to go with Gordon looking to the future. I just don't see the two together.

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Oh give me an effin break. I didn't know about that, and if you had read the posts before they were deleted you would've known that, but thanks for jumping into the conversation with only half the story (or under the pretense of knowing half the story) It's always nice to hear your objective intelligent opinion. Reading is fundamental.

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Co-sign.

Comparing the two is stupid, to put it mildly.

14. max

max All-Star

And no concept at all of what age AI was last year. I would have taken AI at age 26 in a second. But Gordan does not take nearly as many shots as AI did.

15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I don't care what you did or didn't delete. You and I know that lack of information would cause people to be just as interested as if you posted something outright.

And by the way, my post started with the phrase, "what it could possibly mean". Despite any "reading comprehension" venom you've elected to spew my way, it still seems plausible to me that any negative item you post as a reason not to like Ben Gordon can be applicable in similar context to a player you currently do like.

I hope the extent of your future legal expertise consists of more than pleading for expletive-laden breaks and then promptly categorizing things you don't know.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't delete anything. Roscoe did. We posted back and forth several times. Other posters asked me what i was talking about and i said i would PM them b/c i remember the mod saying something about trying not to get into player's personal lives in the threads. I then PM'ed those people, and after that Roscoe said just post it so we could get it over with. I then posted it stating i shouldn't have made the comment if i wasn't prepared to and shouldn't have commented in general b/c i knew that it would prompt questions. I then told him feel free to delete the posts and he didn't want to leave the CB post up so . . .

You obviously read all of this if you are aware of what articles we both posted so the snide comment is completely uneccessary.

-----

Yea. Ok. The posting history b/w us makes it clear what you mean despite any qualifiers you add to it to guise the insult and make it look like you're innocently expressing your opinion. BTW, what exactly is your job? Do you have one? I would like to know so in the future it makes it easier to insult yours since you just love to throw that in there about mine.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I didn't read any of that for starters. Unfortunately, teasers like the ones that were left in your post forces interested parties to deduce for themselves.

Search engine produces a hit on Gordon fairly outright when his name is paired with "character". Pair CB up with the same resultant legal charge and he gets a quick hit as well.

What I find kind of funny is that despite all of this nonsense, I appear to have been fairly accurate with my interpretation of this situation, sans your prior knowledge of the secondary player's past history.

As far as how you intend to make a living is concerned, you offered that information unprovoked numerous times. I simply find it ironic that someone who wants to be a litigator would show such casual disregard when attempting to falsely quantify what is "obvious" or "clear", much less be so fast to jump to emotionally driven conclusions where little or no factual basis exists.

18. roscoe36

Folks, please take it to PM.

19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

20. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

Is it me or the link doesn't work?I would love to see Boozer for RIP and if the trade works we have the money to get Bosh in 2010 offseason.