RUMOR: Rip for Boozer trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by coynejeremy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I repeat...

Oh yeah. Makes the Pistons instant contendors.
  2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

like it. Too bad the NBA isn't RealGM and this probably won't ever happen; still, JoeD should have added Boozer, but as far as I remember, that deal wouldn't have made any sense salary- wise. Still, one season with Boozer instead of RIP would be one chance to win it all. With RIP, we'll make the playoffs and probably will be out the first round. With Boozer and CV up front, combined with the other bigs (Wilcox and Kwame) we're, as you said, instand contenders. I'd love to see us Boozer, I already wanted it when I first heard the rumour in summer.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The best thing about it would be that we could reverse Joe's screw-up... which is the long-term Rip contract that he inked the day of the Billups dump... before making Rip redundant by paying slightly above market for a 6th man of the year type guy.

Having Boozer's expiring would then allow us to strike out in the big FA sweepstakes next summer.

Also, bringing in Boozer's terrible attitude would help replace Sheed's presence.

The only problem is that we really wouldn't be contenders then either, but we would have a 10% chance of getting back to the ECF, where we would be crushed miserably.

(Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night) :MusicBigGrin:
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
  5. Walter

So, in the end, we'd be giving up Rip for Capp Spayce and Battier?

We'll end up renting yet another big that can't play defense for a year. I've watched every Utah playoff game since Memo was traded there, and Boozer has consistently failed in the playoffs. All of the manhandling of weak teams during the regular season doesn't mean jack feces when you fizzle out in the playoffs like that.

Besides, if Boozer can't be successful in the playoffs with a PG like Williams and a coach like Sloan, I doubt it'll happen with Stuckey & Kuester.

That said, I'm not totally against this trade. I'd do it for the following reason:
    We get an expiring contract, so we'll be in the exciting 2010 FA market which, even though will disappoint everyone, will generate countless posts of PF fun. Think about all the OMG Joe is a friggin idiot threads that'll start once Boozer bolts for someplace else, cap falls, we can't sign anyone of significance and end up giving David Lee a 5 year $65M deal.​
    Thanks, but no thanks.
  6. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Boozer for rip..So what will happen for CV? who will be our starting PF? I just hope that Mr Davidson can rise up from his grave and kick the hell out of JOE!!!after the 2003 season he never done anything he was stuck..with rip.sheed,tay,CB...well those peeps are great keepn the core group is great no question but how about signing people or free agents to back up the original core?what he signed C WEBB/evans/murray/drafting a ballet dancer amir!!!haaha then letting go of afflalo!!!..wheres the planning JOE!!!stop scratching your balls do soemthing for real!!!!
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

IMO Charlie (while I really like him and his game) is not a starting PF, he's better suited as a Super-Sub hybrid forward.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

have you ever heard of salary cap or lux tax? Mr davidson did not like to cross those lines...

Also have you ever heard that players actually want minutes? starting 5 ate approximately 80% of minutes so there were not much left for better players...

Have you ever heard that late first round drafting team finds gems constantly? chances are actually small...very,very small....

JoeD had two choices: break the core or stick with it. As soon as JoeD finally broke the core team has dropped....still does...
  9. Walter

Looks like you spilled hot chocolate on your (!) key.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Good One... those sticky keys can sure make ya look goofy
    I went over a year with a sticky "D" [insert jokes here]... then I found out it only cost $30 for a replacement.. doah
  11. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Yes I've heard about salary CAP its understandable you have to let go of peeps!!BUt you know what? do you agree that JOE d had done nothing for flexibility and planning? What Drafting DARCO instaed of perhaps getting a bosh or even a D wade Melo? Do you still rememebr that? Or there was stil no cable in estonia back then?
  12. Walter

rax was merely pointing out the constraints that Joe has had to work through over his tenure as the GM. This doesn't mean that he supports every decision Joe makes, or he doesn't see Joe's mistakes. He has chosen to move on and not to brew over something that happened years ago. I think that is a healthy outlook on life.

Your questionable perception of the history of cable service in Estonia is quite irrelevant to the topic at hand.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Actually, there might not have been cable in Estonia back then. They have the best wireless network service in the world.
  14. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

considering all that's happening, are we closer to seeing what many of us were seeing when we saw what we saw? Rip, Tay, and Max for Boozer and AK47.

Utah puts Milsap in the starter spot and Max is off the bench. You pair a very good point guard with the best catch and shoot guy and add a defensive stopper to replace the, no longer the focus, defensive stopper.

Detroit puts Boozer in the starter spot (we now have post play) and a more aggressive SF to play in a SF conference. We save a ton of cap space. We officially close the door on what was and focus on what we're gonna be. Start: Stuckey, Gordon, AK, Boozer, and Ben. We'll need a 2 Guard to fill the hole.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Utah got torched by Dirk last night. Perhaps all the Jazz need is Walter Herrmann.
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That's some great analysis Bill!
    You are a good person.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:pound: