Rumor:Tayshaun in 3 way deal with Raptors & Suns

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 8, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Proably would end up losing money.

2. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Yeah you could build around him and not expect too much. But when you factor in the money he will command, you'll will be wanting him to be savior. What's the MAX worth these days? 18mil? 20+ mil with Bird rights? If injury occurs, or if he simply does not keep improving, that's not only a lot of money wasted, but more importantly the bulk of your cap eaten up.

Now, if the reward's outweigh the expense and the risks, then sure.

Now, Max predicts Bosh would be good for 10 wins (despite the loss of Tay?). My point is that if he is capable of helping us THAT much (5 wins is considered a HUGE improvement for most clubs), then he should be helping Toronto win more games than they have, whether their roster is garbage or not.

The oldies will recall that the Admiral arrived in '89 and delivered the best single-season turnaround in NBA history (the Spurs were 21-61 the year before, but 56-26 with the addition of Robinson). Who the freak did he have on that team? NO ONE. My point being, that if you are going to pay the MAX, he better be a sure thing. Not some skinny dude whose most valuable qualities are his ability to defend the screen and roll and shoot a good clip from the line and from 18-20ft.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If Bosh was a Piston, he would be our leading rebounder. He's a better passer than all of our bigs, except Sheed.

He also shoots a better % from the floor than all of our top 6.

This is all 36 min. adj.

4. obey86

obey86 First Round Draft Pick

He has put up at least 22-9 the last 4 years. Players like that aren't that common. Yes, we do need someone who works more in the post but if you can put up almost 22-10 then I don't care how you get your points (not to mention he shoots 80% from the line). He won't be jacking up 3's every shot like Sheed so that is a huge plus in itself. With Stuckey, RIP, Prince, and Bosh in the lineup it would be the best team Bosh has ever been on. Unlike Amare he can create his own shot. So yes, I think Bosh would be worth 18-20 million or whatever the max is.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chris Bosh is playing at a 6.4 win share level this season, which is higher than any player on the Pistons right now.

Player Efficiency Rating
    1.LeBron James-CLE31.4
    2.Chris Paul-NOH30.1
    3.Dwyane Wade-MIA28.3
    4.Dwight Howard-ORL25.6
    5.Kobe Bryant-LAL25.0
    6.Tim Duncan-SAS24.8
    7.Brandon Roy-POR23.9
    8.Yao Ming-HOU23.6
    9.Al Jefferson-MIN23.3
    10.Dirk Nowitzki-DAL23.2
    11.Devin Harris-NJN22.7
    12.Chris Bosh-TOR22.3

Not a bad list.

Points per game:
    1.Dwyane Wade-MIA28.3
    2.LeBron James-CLE28.2
    3.Kobe Bryant-LAL27.3
    4.Dirk Nowitzki-DAL25.8
    5.Danny Granger-IND25.6
    6.Kevin Durant-OKC25.5
    7.Al Jefferson-MIN23.1
    8.Chris Bosh-TOR22.7
    9.Brandon Roy-POR22.4
    10.Devin Harris-NJN21.8

Rebounds per game
    1.Dwight Howard-ORL14.1
    2.Marcus Camby-LAC12.8
    3.David Lee-NYK11.8
    4.Andris Biedrins-GSW11.8
    5.Troy Murphy-IND11.4
    6.Al Jefferson-MIN11.0
    7.Emeka Okafor-CHA10.6
    8.Tim Duncan-SAS10.5
    9.Chris Bosh-TOR9.5
    10.Yao Ming-HOU9.4

Free Throws Made
    1.Chris Bosh-TOR349
    LeBron James-CLE349
    3.Dwyane Wade-MIA346
    4.Devin Harris-NJN345
    5.Paul Pierce-BOS308
    Kobe Bryant-LAL308
    7.Dwight Howard-ORL302
    8.Dirk Nowitzki-DAL297
    9.Danny Granger-IND296
    10.Kevin Durant-OKC295

I love the free throws made stat. Tied with Lebron??

There are 2 players in the NBA in the top 10 in scoring and rebounding. All Jefferson (injured) and Chris Bosh. When you combine that with his ability to draw fouls, that is quite a paint presence for a skinny guy.

I'm convinced.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Word has Hill returning to Orlando as Small/Point forward.

7. theWORM

If ever there was an archetypal example of the dangers of signing a big name free agent to a max contract, he is it.
    :stirthepot:

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and where there's fire, there's usually a lot of dead deer meat!

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Good fans fall in love with the team NOT the individuals!! Thats why The OKC fans are the best cuz they d support a Red Cross team!

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

U should be so lucky................................:stirthepot:

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hot tub: Selma Hayek, Jada Pinkett and ElectroWoman!! I'll just watch....heh hee hee

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ka-booom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

And their records for both this year and their careers are? I agree it is enjoyable to read the box score after these guys play, but not so enjoyable to look at the standings.

You can only blame the surrounding environment for so long. If you surrounded Orlando's Shaq with Toronto's talent they would win.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're talking about one of the best 3 centers of all time at his peak.

Toronto played well over the last few years. And his current team gets massacred when he's not on the court. That's how you know they are terrible. They have a -9 per 48 without him. That is identical to the dynamic on the Minnesota Timberwolves in the last year Garnett played there. They were -9.1 without him on the court. His brilliance wasn't enough and they finished 18 games under .500.

15. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

you are a dirty old man, lol.

16. theWORM

Good point. But as Ernie says, the box scores only tell so much. My point, and I believe Ernie is echoing it, is that every max contract player comes with certain expectations. If they do not or cannot meet those expectations, you will ultimately regret paying them the max (as an owner) and having them eat up around 40% of your cap space (as a GM, coach and most certinaly as a fan).

You swap Bosh for Garnett on the team that went to the WCF, and does that team still go to the WCF?

Sure, its all conjecture. The stats say that team would be just as good with Bosh. But we all know the intangibles Garnett brings to the table. We have seen it first hand on the Cs. And clearly Bosh does not bring what Garnett brings to a team. No fiery leadership and holding goes accountable with the threat of homicide. No, Bosh seems to whine every couple of months because the fans in Toronto boo him and the team. Boo hoo. Does he bring his own set of intangibles that makes him worthy of a max contract and a likley cure to the team's problems? None that I'm aware of.

Need more supportive evidence? When Kemp wanted out of the Sonics because he signed a contract he should'nt have signed and the owner was not willing to renegoiate (ala Pippen), he was traded for Vin Baker. The kicker? They were so close statistically you would have thought they were genetic clones. George Karl was on record as saying that they looked around the league and saw Baker as the best candidate because they were so statisically similar. For those not old enough to remember (or who are too old to remmeber), with Baker on board, that team sunk like a rock.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, and they win the title. Then they attract other free agent ring chasers and they become a dynasty. Bosh goes on to the HOF. Minnesota in general benefits from the goodwill and they end up getting the Olympics in 2016.

That is my best guess.

18. theWORM

Anyone else believe that? Swap Garnett for Bosh on last seasons Cs and I bet they get beat by the Lakers. Wait, I am not even sure they get past us.

19. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

That may very well be but he's a damn good start! Don't forget, we'd still have Sheed's and AI's cash coming off the books this summer.

:nerd2:

20. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Celts def wouldnt have the record they had and imo would have gotten to the ecf at best...although they might not have gotten that far because of Lebron... Garnett is the dpoy....bosh is far from that...no way Celtics play the kind of D they did w/o Garnett..