Sacramento Kings Jan.2nd, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Dec 28, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's sweet string music to my ears as well.

2. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

Fire Blaha?? That is like saying "fire Mason".

no way. I so look forward to watching the Pistons home games (don't live in Michigan so only hear him on home league pass games) so that I can hear Blaha. His cliches are his signature, and I think we are lucky to have a guy with a personality. Count that baby and a foul!!

3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think he wants to help him, but those hands..ugh

4. max

max All-Star

Absolutly. I love Blaha.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

that really, really surprised me. even the wave...do you know how impossible it's been to get the crowd *that* into a regular-season game? the *only* time i've seen the wave done is during playoff games (and that's usually when it was so obvious the pistons would win that the crowd needed something else to entertain themselves with all of their energy).

perhaps there is a combination of pistons-style basketball (which i've always stated the crowd appreciates more than flip-era jumpers), a young guy to rally around (stuckey), and more 'regular' fans due to insanely good deals on the cost of tickets. if that combination leads to a better home-court advantage, that could be an excellent thing.

also of note, the two games i've sold my tickets for this year, stuckey went for 40 and 38.

6. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

Unlucky! At least you are able to watch them :( stupid england, and stupid football(soccer)

7. max

max All-Star

Amir set the tone with his 8 1st Q points and the crowd never let up because the team never let up. Its not like last year when they went through those stretches of walking the ball up boring the crowd. Amir set the tone then Prince had a great game, AI had a great 2nd half and even his 1st half tries that were not falling looked impressive.

The most striking thing was when everyone chanted Stuckeys name ( hear that on tv ) when he brought the ball up with 38 points. I think the last time that happened was maybe for Stack when he had a big night - "Jerry-Jerry".

Overall its a more interesting game now.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Blaha is awesome. The radio personality is becoming a lost art in broadcast sports. Sure he shows a lot of excitement for the Pistons but he rarely gets down on the other team like so many other local broadcast workers.

on a side note, I was at an in-laws place where they have dish TV and when I read the tv guide, it said Pistons-Kings 5:00PM. Come 4:45 I can't find the station. I find out that its the non local station version. I could watch virtually ANY game that day BUT the Kings-Pistons. :gaah: