Home Sacramento Kings Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Sacramento Kings

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 7:30 PM Eastern

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I hope we win.
  3. roscoe36

We will win. Drummond will have 14 and 9 rebounds.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

I hope we don't win.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Winning is not good for us right now, but I always enjoy it when Monroe wins against Cousins.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

We're ranked 25th out of 30 teams in the last power rankings.
    Sounds like a power failure to me.
    They have a worse record than us...and we suck don't seem to be maxing our potential yet.

Pistons 114 - Kings 126
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons down 2 at the half.

Why does Will Bynum get so many minutes and get to handle the ball so much when he is in? The team is only good if Bynum is making all of his shots, dishing to Dre, and the man that Will defending can't score.

He and Jennings nearly offset any positive production that Rodney's 16 points generated.

Both were 0-5 from the floor. The difference was that 3 of Jennings misses were from beyond the arc, and all of Bynums were at around the hoop.

Pope got a chance to take and make one hoop and that was on a breakaway uncontested steal/jam. Set up some plays to the hoop for him instead of having him sit out on the perimeter. If Siva is healthy, time to see if he can deliver. At least he will find an open man as opposed to shooting first and passing as secondary thought the teen wolf

I missed the first quarter....is anything wrong with Moose or is just MIA??
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bynum and Singler are playing together now. Result: Pistons are blowing the Kings out.
  9. LA Dre

At end of 3, the Pistons are up 72-65 and that 3rd quarter was some of the worst basket ball witnessed by some. The Pistons outscored the Kings 20-11 and it shoulda -coulda have been 30-11, but some of our stanking guards did their best to keep the tanKings in it. Other than a momentum building three by Jennings, all of the other 17 points came from our big three front line. Jennings continues to chuck going 1-10 including 1-7 from beyond the arc.

Now six quick ones to open the 4th....they will probably cruise home...or the word will come from upstairs to tank it and they will put Bynum in..:falloff:
    Lee356 likes this.
  10. BillLaimbeer

The Kings are terrible. It would take a supreme effort to lose to these guys.
  11. LA Dre

We finally found a team worst than Pistons that hit the Palace floor this season. The Kings are definitely Tankings. I kinda feel sorry for Cousins and Isaiah Thomas who could really be helping other teams. Why did Kevin Johnson go to bat to keep the team in Sactown? Rudy Gay will bring any team down...Memphis and Toronto are both playoff bound and Rudy's Kings are lottery bound..

The Kings stats >>>> 3-14 from beyond the arc and 18-30 from the FT line resemble what the Pistons stats usually look like for these two key categories. Meanwhile everyone on the Pistons team not name Jennings or Bynum was 6-9 from beyond the arc. (Jennings 1-7 and Bynum 0-2); and some how we managed to hit 84% from the FT line.. Our bench finally beat another teams bench 38-23

The Pistons get their first season sweep of a team this season....and still have a chance to turn the trick vs Denver and the Sixers before the season is over.

Some will give credit to the Pistons defense, but the Kings would have lost this game to the Washington Generals the way they were shooting/playing..er lets call it what it was .....tanking

Still I will give some credit to the defense that upped its record to 17-6 when holding teams under 100 points but are a dismal 8-33 when giving up 100 points....
  12. roscoe36

[​IMG]
    The Panda likes this.
  13. BillLaimbeer

You got 1 out of 3 correct.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  14. LA Dre

All five of Drummonds rebounds in the first half were offensive on two misses by Smith, and one miss each by Singler, Stuckey and Jennings. All three boards in the second half were defensive when the Kings were chucking bricks...
    Lee356 likes this.
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Piston point guard watch: Jennings 1 for 10: Bynum 4 for 14. And two of Bynum's buckets came when the game was out of reach. Don't think he scored until the fourth quarter. I believe the Pistons point guards were like 1 for 16 going into the 4th.

That the Pistons won only highlights the problem. How many wins can come with that kind of shooting from the point position? Think about what the team is giving up in production. And it is not like either point guard is playing great defense. Quite the contrary.

This is not one game but a year-long problem. It must be corrected by next year if the Pistons are to start winning. Josh looked good out there. He is all around the most talented Piston and yet he gets all the bad press but Jennings has gotten a free ride for his play which is far more of an issue for the team. What gets me is that Joe bet the season (and the draft pick) on Jennings, 37 year old Billips, and Bynum at the critical position of point guard.

Not likely that the Pistons can get a playoff spot. The question is now is the draft pick going to be lost? The Pistons need that draft pick to pick a point (not combo) guard or at least a small forward to help out with the rotations.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  16. roscoe36

:shootingsoldier:
    Nemo and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How do we get Beverly on our team?
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This was the best by far that Drummond has ever done guarding a guy 1 on 1.

There was a Joe Dumars sighting on the Sacto broadcast! He was in full Costanza mode wearing a sweatshirt to work.

I like both McLemore and the McCallum kid for the Kings.

I'm not sure why, but I find myself rooting for the #9 bolo punch as the season ends. I guess it just seems like the perfect ending to the Buffoonery Era.

Brace yourself Pistons fans because I think the Pistons have another game tomorrow! I wish they had a catchy nickname for these types of things, but I guess they happen so infrequently that one hasn't materialized.

This will be the first back to back game for the Pistons since February.

LOL at Mason reading an ad imploring fans to hurry up and reserve their season tickets for next year before they run out. I've never worked in advertising or marketing, but I'm guessing that message loses some of its' potency when it's echoing through a deserted arena.
    Lee356 likes this.
  19. LA Dre

Just speculating here, but have to wonder if we would be 4 games better and in 8th place if we had the Kings Cousins and Thomas on our team instead of Monroe and Bynum?

I mean we would still have the three headed big monster, but I am thinking Cousins provides better defense than Monroe and Thomas whose numbers are 20.4 - 2.7 and 6.3 are better than any guard we have on our team....besides who can resist another Zeke on the team.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Still mad at Stuckey for taking Ben's 3. I guess as long as the guy would change his name he could come here.