San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks - WC Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LanierFan, May 6, 2006.

1. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

I have no clue what you mean by that.

Dallas seems to be the it team from the West and if we get into the finals then I don't want to play a team that gets away with murder in the name of defense.
  2. Reve

I would be very afraid. Duncan fouled out on some pretty cheap calls and Dirk is getting to the line by breathing. If they want the Spurs out we are next.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

before the game i said dallas would win, then san antonio would win on the road and game 5 at home to go up 3-2, dallas wins to force game 7, and from there it's a toss-up.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Humor. I would advise starting with basic knock knock jokes, and then move up to light tickling. :P ;)

If the Pistons want to be great, they should go through adversity and the best team from the West. Shouldn't matter whether it is LA, PHX, SA or DAL.

Nice link gazoo. The refs operate with Carte Blanche, I don't care how they try to spin it. Some of them are out and out mavericks, and it's been documented that they study and scheme their work based upon who is playing. That, is BS. A foul is a foul. Don't wait to see the shot made, if it's a foul, blow the whistle. I counted at least 3 terrible calls in the Nets game (ironically against the home team Nets) which may have cost them the game.
  5. Reve

Dirk's injury is BS. The same way Jeffersons from NJ was.

I don't think the Spurs are dumb enough to fall for that.
  6. Reve

Told you Dirk wasn't hurt. This seems to be a trend. First Jefferson and his fake injury and now Dirk.

Another game of BS calls for Dirk.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Man this is a great series... They're both playing at a high level...
    As it is right now the Pistons wouldn't beat either team, let alone the Heat.
    Jason Terry is finally showing that he can be a winner...
    Devin Harris is so dangerous...
    Josh Howard vs Ginobili... must see TV
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

This series is not over yet, however, I think the Mav`s have proved they are for real. No championship for them yet, and honestly, I don`t think they will get one this year. If the Pistons face these Mav`s in the Finals, Flip better be ready becasue Avery is coaching his ass off.

Inserting Devin Harris into the starting lineup has/ have the Spurs reeling. He and Parker are going at it. with a slight edge to Parker right now.

The quickness of the Mav`s concerns me if we face them in the Finals. Quick guards always give us fits.

Anyway we have the Heat and the annoying Cav`s to take care of 1st. I toook the Mav`s over the Spurs and the Mav`s over the Suns.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Wow I can't believe it. It's not over yet, but the Pistons vs Spurs rematch is in jeopardy.
  10. roscoe36

The Pistons Spurs rematch is in jeopardy unless Mr. Big Head gets his crap together. Cavs are very capable of an upset in a best 2 out of 3 now that all of the momentum is with Cleveland.

Spurs? They've never been to the Finals in back to back years.

I think it was Game 3 that I saw Fabricio Oberto out there in the first half and I thought to myself, "Gee, so that's what Delfino/Darko would look like if thrust into a crucial point during a playoff game".
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah Oberto was really being hyped as the next gr8 Euro... that guy can't play defense... it's gotta get on Pops last nerve.
  12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Good Post!!!!!!!:thumb:
  13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Geez, Dlev, are you pimping your own post? That's classic. :laugh: I think the Spurs will get another one, maybe two.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Spurs have that same look in their eyes taht we had tonite...66-66 with 7:00 left. I feel for the Spurs now.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Spurs just one Dirk tip from being eliminated.
    Pop sucks... lol
  16. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Just seen on SportsCenter.

San Antonio's chances for winning game six just got a little better. Jason Terry has been suspended one game for punching Michael Finley in the final seconds of last night's game.
  17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

The Jason Terry one game suspension. What a blow to Dallas. I'm not too much of a conspiracy theorist although I listen to those who are and have to admit the first thought I had when ESPN reported this suspension was that there must have been some NBA political machinations in this decision. Why can't they just let these guys play, punch each other, throw things at the ref, whatever and then suspend them from regular games next season and charge them money? Thow them out of the game they're in if its warranted, but WTF with the suspensions?

Basically, the NBA just decided that Dallas would lose tomorrow night. There is something about that I just don't like, and I don't care how big the punch was. The NFL isn't always suspending these guys for stuff like this are they? Most of these outbursts have to do with retaliating for physical play. Is it fair to just penalize one of the two? I'm sure Michael Finley did something to elicit such a response.

Sigh. I'm reallly getting disillusioned with being a basketball fan and this being a Pistons fan this year is turning into a trial by fire.

Mark Cuban might get fined a cool million for this one.
  18. roscoe36

I don't think you are giving Devin Harris or Darrell Armstrong much credit.
  19. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I don't know Roscoe. As close as these games have been, I don't think it's too likely you can take one of SA's biggest obstacles out of the game. One the other hand, Phoenix made it through the Raja Bell suspension, so ...I hope you are right. But Jason Terry has been the other bookend for Devin Harris. But on the other hand, Avery Johnson is way capable of the adjustment thing. So, we'll see.

The point is I don't like anyone but the players play deciding the games.
    That's all.
  20. Reve

Dallas has been getting every call in this series. If there is a conspiracy it is against the Spurs. Champs or not the rating for the NBA finals with them playing us were horrible. I don't think the NBA wants another blow and money loss which is why I think we better be prepared tomorrow night.